“a historical must while being on Ibiza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Del Mar
Amsterdam, Nederland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“a historical must while being on Ibiza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were here 5 years ago, and considered this a magical place for the start of the lounge culture and all the yearly Cafe del Mar cd's that are for sale here. The club has been renovated and the atmosphere has become more busy and anonymous, but the sunset viewing was as busy and crowded as always as is the magic atmosphere that cannot be compared with any other beach place in the world. It is still difficult to find a place on the packed terraces. We had our first Sangria Cava here, still our favorite Ibiza drink

Visited July 2012

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“disappointing....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Visiting Cafe Del Mar was one of the big reasons I went to Ibiza and I was disappointed with what I found. It is just a run-of-the-mill bar on the beach and is really nothing special at all. They have an amazing brand and I was expecting that would have built on that success but it hasn't happened. While I would definitely go back to Ibiza, I would take a pass on going back to Cafe Del Mar.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank Vince L
Liverpool
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great visit to an Ibiza icon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have always wanted to visit Cafe Del Mar ever since the early 90's when I was bang into my trance music and Energy 52 released their signature tune. Of course I enjoyed the venue and the sunset - even at the end of October it was spectacular. The only issue as previously mentioned is the price of the drinks, but hey it’s a once in the lifetime experience and I am not complaining. A well recommended experience to anyone visiting the white isle!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank JohnnyBowers
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“just beautifull”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

the most georgious place ever to watch a sunset you must go here if you like to chill and relax the place is absaltley georgious

Visited October 2012
La Quinta, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great for a sunset chill and mojito”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Spending several weeks in Ibiza we had the opportunity to chill at several different beach bars/cafes. This place is beautiful but can be a let down if your expectations are 'perfect white sand beach bar'. If experiencing the perfect sunset and accompanying music is your goal go early, get a seat on the rocks and chill out. It is so worth the experience if you are a huge fan, as we are, with cafe del mar vibe. Go for a seat on the rocks versus set back into a restaurant table for the most intimate setting.

Visited June 2012