The Mar Amantis hotel was a mixture between English, German and Spanish guests when we stayed, but was quite scarce of English people and seemed to be over run with German and Spanish people, and in effect, caused them to seem to feel that they had a run over the hotel.
This being said, two of the members of our group were standing in the dinner cue were asked by a member of staff where abouts they were from, and on request advised that they were English.
Upon hearing this the member of staff then put them to the side and let a german couple in front of them. We were all very shocked by this behaviour but Im afraid this was the start of a lot of problems that we encountered at the hotel.
The food in the hotel was in the style of a buffet, but the food was anything from appetising, often dry meat and a mixture of the night before's leftovers, which drove us to eat out a few times even though we had paid for the all inclusive supplement.
There were a few members of staff in Mar Amantis 2 behind the bar one being a man named Jose who was very rude and lost his temper to the mother on the trip, and spoke to us all in a very rude fashion, and the other being an older man who did not speak a word of english and was always compaining about anything and shouting spanish obscenities across the bar.
With all this information gathered up between us we decided to go and complain at the reception desk and believe it or not we encountered more rudeness and favouritism towards staff over English guests, when we could see them all bending over backwards for the German and Spanish guests who wee staying at the hotel.
All in all it was a lovely island and a lovely holiday but when we do go back we will definately not be staying at the Mar Amantis hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Child friendly Hotel The azuLine Hotel Mar Amantis complex, made up of two separate buildings, is situated in San Antonio bay in Ibiza. One of the buildings is on the seafront and the other barely 100 m away, with a garden area and swimming pools. Both buildings provide all the services and comforts you need to enjoy a truly unforgettable holiday by the beach.There is a shopping centre nearby with a wide range of shops, bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azuline Hoteles Mar Amantis i & Ii Hotel Sant Antoni De Portmany
- Azuline Hoteles Mar Amantis i And Ii
- AzuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II Ibiza, Spain