“Mar Amantis 1 & 2”

azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II
IBIZA SAN ANTONIO
“Mar Amantis 1 & 2”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

The Mar Amantis hotel was a mixture between English, German and Spanish guests when we stayed, but was quite scarce of English people and seemed to be over run with German and Spanish people, and in effect, caused them to seem to feel that they had a run over the hotel.
This being said, two of the members of our group were standing in the dinner cue were asked by a member of staff where abouts they were from, and on request advised that they were English.
Upon hearing this the member of staff then put them to the side and let a german couple in front of them. We were all very shocked by this behaviour but Im afraid this was the start of a lot of problems that we encountered at the hotel.
The food in the hotel was in the style of a buffet, but the food was anything from appetising, often dry meat and a mixture of the night before's leftovers, which drove us to eat out a few times even though we had paid for the all inclusive supplement.
There were a few members of staff in Mar Amantis 2 behind the bar one being a man named Jose who was very rude and lost his temper to the mother on the trip, and spoke to us all in a very rude fashion, and the other being an older man who did not speak a word of english and was always compaining about anything and shouting spanish obscenities across the bar.
With all this information gathered up between us we decided to go and complain at the reception desk and believe it or not we encountered more rudeness and favouritism towards staff over English guests, when we could see them all bending over backwards for the German and Spanish guests who wee staying at the hotel.
All in all it was a lovely island and a lovely holiday but when we do go back we will definately not be staying at the Mar Amantis hotels.

• Liked — Location to beach
  • Disliked — Staff and Food
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank EuropeanTraveller333
e_commerceIbiza, Dpto: E-commerce at azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II, responded to this review, March 27, 2009
From azuLine Hoteles Maramantis I & II we regrett of not having fullfill your expectations.

Our bufftet service is freshly
prepared on the premises with
an acceptable level of skill and
presentation, and served at the
correct temperature. Evidence of
some fresh produce.

we are really surprised to hear about our unprofessionality work team as they deal with customers in a friendly,
efficient and courteous manner.

However we will take your lines into consideration for future situations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
stoke on trent
Reviewed June 10, 2008

I have just returned from a 10 night holiday at the Mar Amantis. There was 6 of us in the group including my 15 month old son and my 17 year old nephew, so we needed a place where there was something for everybody and the mar amantis was ideal for this. We stayed in the mar amantis II, here is my review of the hotel. Room - the room was on the small side, but had everything we needed and was cleaned everyday!! Bar - the staff were always freindly and there was a good choice of drinks. The drinks are served in plastic cups which some reviewers have moaned about, but this is obviously for safety reasons and is the same in most hotels isn't it?? Pool - there is a pool and childrens pool at mar amantis I and at mar amantis II there are 3 different pools 2 of which are connected by a bridge this was brilliant for the children and meant there was always room for everybody. Resteraunt- there was always a choice of meats and salads and the food was good quality, it did get a bit boaring after a few days, but for the price we paid we couldn't grumble and always managed to find something we liked. Entertainment - there wasn't loads on offer but what we saw was ok for famillies and there are a few good bars just down the road which were realy family friendly. The only problem we experienced was noise from a group of lads staying on the same corridoor as us, which we reported to recption and they dealt with them straight away. I wanted to put my experience on here, as i arrived on this holiday a bit unsure after the mixed reviews i had read, but i can honestly say this was a good value for money holiday. The hotel is in an excellent location, as you can easily walk into town, or you could walk the opposite way further into the bay, where there is a row of bars and resteraunts, so you have easy access to everything, but can also have some peace. I think you get what you paid for and the place was always clean, which i think is important!! I think a holiday is as good as you make it, and the ingrediants are here for a good holiday. Also the bars just down the road from the hotel are realy friendly and fun - Rodeo fun park, buccanero's and donnegans irish bar were the best!!!!

• Liked — always very clean
  • Disliked — small, noisy rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mrswedger
Reviewed June 5, 2008

Booked 14 night holiday with travel agent (thomas cook) and got brilliant price for all inclusive - so wasn't expecting much... and was right not to! The first room we were allocated was on the second floor of the Mar Amantis 2. Our room was right by the lift and we experienced noise ALL night from people returning to their rooms - the walls are SO thin that you can hear EVERYTHING even the people in the next rooms snoring! We therefore asked to change rooms and was told by reception (who we found very rude) that this would not be possible even though the hotel was pretty much dead!! We asked a few times over the next few days with little effect! I spoke to the thomas cook rep who told me "if you can't beat them join them! and use ear plugs!" very helpful!! We wanted to move to the much nicer Mar Amantis 1 where we spent most of our time by the beautiful pool overlooking the sea - but was told that Thomas cook does not use that building!! After constant persistance and very little sleep we were eventually moved around 4 days later to a room on the same level as before in the Mar Amantis 2 but not as near to the lift. This was not much better there were constant doors slamming, and you could still hear everything ie- wardrobe doors opening and closing, talking etc etc! So we had very little sleep the whole 14 nights! The rooms were very basic but adequate as you don't spend much time in them apart from when you try to sleep! All inclusive is very good, there are signs saying 2 drinks per person but whilst we were there this was never enforced. The bar staff were very moody, and extremely rude - they would see you and carry on talking to other staff, and would constantly serve the spanish before the English which was extremely rude when they knew you were there first! The food in the restaurant was pretty bad! my partner eats pretty much anything but even he struggled to find anything he liked and we ended up eating out most nights!! And also ended up going out on the night for drinks as there was NO entertainment the whole of the first week!! not even any music playing!! the whole bar area was empty at night!.. very boring!! The entertainment picked up a bit in the second week as it was half term. The area was ok - there were a few bars next to the hotel the best being the pink panther bar and the rodeo fun bar where we had many good nights! It was around a 30min walk, 10 min boat ride at 2.50Euros, or a 5/6 Euro taxi ride over to San Antonio Town. The Water taxi stops outside the Mar Amantis 1 and runs every 1/2 hr til 8pm. You can also get the boat here to Cala Bossa for 9euros return which is a very beautiful beach and well worth a visit! Whilst here you MUST go and see the sunset from the sunset strip over in San Antonio Town - it is fantastic!

x

• Liked — pool at mar amantis 1
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hayleyegan

Travelers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

Tarporley
Reviewed February 9, 2008

the Mar Amantis i thought was in a good location away from it all the other side of the main night life (west end) a good 35 min walk (brisk)and it was excellent walk along the seafront, or you could take a boat ride outside the hotel it takes about 10 minutes, it still had some nice bars near by a Spanish bar next to it and the pink panther and the coral at the end of the road

the hotel it self was clean and tidy i went all inclusive and all the meals were served in Mar amantis 1 i stayed in mar amantis 2 which had a bar where you could get snacks and drinks, didn't like drinking out of plastic cups (i think it is a health and safety issue) the beer was good (San miguel) but would only serve in half pintish cups didn't stay in the hotel much there was entertament in the hotel, it had a excellent pool area with it own bar and a miserable and ignorant barman on some days and very friendly one on other days,

the food was buffet style and was generally good, there were lot of other northern Europeans there more than British which was interesting, on a Sunday it was paella day and chef looked a bit cheesed off if you didn't have any LOL

overall liked the Hotel but i didn't like the all inclusive (like to go different places) but i was on my own and spent a lot of time away from the hotel, however i think this would suit a family with kids with its pool and entertament

• Liked — its location, very nice area with access to busy areasif wanted
  • Disliked — nothing (except that stroppy barman at the pool)
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank dbluedave
uk
Reviewed October 27, 2007

My wife & myself originally booked to stay at the nearby Hawaii Hotel on a half board basis only to be told when we arrived that hotel at 2.30 in the morning was overbooked & arrangements were made for us to stay at Mar Amantis instead, & in a way of compensation our booking was upgraded to all inclusive. The upgrade cheered us both up & saved us literary hundreds of Euros that we otherwise would have spent on our food & drinks!
Our room was average but clean enough & the bed linen smelt really fresh. Air con, room service & satellite TV were also included free of charge! The maids would always greet you & worked hard, they would change the bed linen & towels everyday unless you asked them not to. The only downfall of the rooms are the very cheap & inferior partitioning walls, & from further inspection it seemed like there is only 2 pieces of plasterboard that separates each room. You can hear next doors conversations &…. erm…activities… as clear as if they were in the same room!!

Very generous measures of spirits were poured in the bar area by Paco, Francisco, Diana, & Gloria who were also always there to help, they were entertaining, good at their job & worked solidly from approx 10 am till 12pm! 10 out of 10 for the bar staff. We made some great friends in the bar area.

We were also extremely impressed by the vast amount of choice & quality of the food at Breakfast, lunch, & evening meals, I would say that the food was near 4 star quality as it always looked well garnished & tasted fantastic! The puddings were a little disappointing though.
The unusual looking pumped up Collagen lipped “Pete Burns” Spanish barmaid in the restaurant area was arrogant, rude & very slow to serve customers.

The 3 swimming pools looked clean & there were plenty of sun beds to go round without having to reserve your bed early in the morning with a towel. Sometimes the previous days ashtrays, leftover drinks & food by the pool are were not cleaned away until late morning, but it got done in the end.

They was a massive influx of Spanish over 60’s pensioners also staying at the hotel, during our stay, & in some other reviews I have read regarding this hotel, that they seemed to get preferential service at the bar area with bottles of beer & glasses & proper cups for their coffee instead of our disposable plastic cups for any drinks we asked for. This is because they had to pay for their drinks & we didn’t. We did not have a problem with this, but I must admit that the majority of the Spanish residents at the hotel came across as very rude & arrogant, & that we were 2nd class citizens! The British holidaymakers at this hotel definitely had more manners & respect.

A half hour walk along the bay took you to San Antonio town which was beautiful with lots of palm trees & smart bay packed full of different sized boats, however, over half the shops were shut as it was nearly the end of the holiday season.
Alternatively, on sunny days only, a taxi ferry boat would arrive every half hour directly at Mar Amantis, & for only 2 Euros each it would take you across the water to San Antonio. We used this & it was well worth 2 Euros.

Lastly, I cannot end this review without mentioning Daniel the “Entertainment” rep.
I have been & stayed at numerous holiday resort complexes in the UK & overseas over many years as a professional DJ Entertainer, & in my opinion Daniel was the worst I have ever come across. He did absolutely nothing to keep anyone entertained when the weather was bad for almost 2 days. There were lots of kids there as it was the half term hols for most families & the kids should have been his number1 priority but they were very bored & so were the rest of us!. The impression Daniel gave everyone we spoke to was that he need a “kick-start” & almost everything he did was half hearted, he seemed like he was eager to go home & could not be bothered.

If it wasn’t for the poor quality of entertainment, & the rude Spanish pensioners connected with this hotel, the Mar Amantis would have got 10/10.

We hope this review will be of some use to anyone who is thinking of staying here in the future.

Stayed October 2007
10 Thank Jeed
Leeds, UK
Reviewed October 13, 2007

After reading some of the more negative reviews, I was a little worried about the quality of the Hotel and the facilities on offer.
I can only comment about the week I was there, but I was nothing but impressed with the whole Hotel package. The all inclusive deal was spot on and the food was so much nicer than what I expected. The staff were friendly but not overbearing, the pool was clean, the room was of a high standard and the bedding/towels were changed everyday.

I cannot complain about anything! I would recommend the hotel to anyone and everyone wanting a bit of fun and also a bit of a chill too.

If you want a fun bar, try the 'Pink Panther' where you will be given a warm welcome by Sue and her team there!

Stayed October 2007
5 Thank JohnMc777
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2007

We were enjoying our 2 week break at this hotel,my wife and myself.we can,t complain about the food, it was excelent, the hotel itself was very clean, maid did rooms every day.
We were there a few days before our daughter and husband and the grandkids arrived. then the Spanish pensioners came for there free holiday on the state. as we were all inclusive, we were being served drinks in plastic glasses & plastic cups for tea & coffee. Myself and my wife and my daughter got scalded while trying to carry plastic cups with tea made from very hot water, more than once, but the spanish people were getting cups & saucers, when we asked for cups & saucers we were told no.it was the same for alcoholic drinks, the spanish were getting their drinks in proper glasses. We felt like second class citizens. As the entertainment is outside, the Spaniards were getting their glasses and just putting chairs in front of the stage, no table ,then putting their glasses on the ground, so there was more chance of glasses getting broke. As I always take my holidays in the month of september, I,m afraid i will be giving this hotel a miss.Apart from being classed as second hand citizens like i said earlier we could not faulf this hotel.

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — the way we were treated
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
azuLine Hotel Coral Beach
Hotel Tagomago
Hotel Tagomago
#31 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II? Share your experiences!