“Near beach, clean and tidy hotel!! Missing Ibiza!!”

Apartamentos Costa Mar
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Ok so me and my two friends stayed at this hotel on the 27th June 2010 for a week. Only paying £260 for self catering i wasn't really expecting much and just prepared myself for the worst.

When i arrived i was actually quite pleased with the hotel and was loving the location. The room was big enough for us three. It was clean and tidy. Be prepared that you have to leave your passports behind the desk though.

The kitchen is just made up of two hobs and a sink so if you can pack a kettle do, otherwise there is a kettle you can heat up on the hob but bare in mind it does take quite a while. You also get plates, cups and bowls etc but found we brought a cheap mug and bowl as they were so tiny you couldnt put anything in them.

Yes the walls are paper thin and could hear everything in the corridor but we found we were staying up to 5-6 am so didnt notice it much as we found everyone else was coming back too.

The food downstairs is alright but it wasn't the best at times so we ate out mostly down the Westend. Staff were friendly and nice.

The swimming pool we found quite small and to be honest we didn't spend much time there as we prefered the beach, but the area was quite tidy and clean.

The hotel is very close to a small beach and we found that very handy during the day. Westend however is slightly further away ( a good 25 minute walk) but me and my friends had no worries walking around at 5am in the morning we felt quite safe and it was just a case of going straight right straight right down all the side roads.

The beach was tidy and clean. To hire out a sun bed or an umbrella cost 4.50 euros for the whole day. There was a lifeguard on duty. As it was quite a small beach with many surrounding hotels we did find it did get quite packed.

This has been one of the best holidays for me and i enjoyed every single minute of it!. Would come back to this hotel for sure!!!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 15, 2010

The room was lovely and clean and great value. The first night there were some noisy guests and I can imagine it could be noisy during peak season. But it is 20 minutes walk into central San Antonio and there is a beach and bars within a few minutes' walk. The Sun Sea Bar does lovely breakfasts if you have a hangover. There is a secluded little pool too if you like chilling out.
Food was good and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Hotel staff friendly and helpfull.
Rooms basic but clean and maid service a few times, also have a kitchenette with a fridge.
Pool small but nice.
Air com extra and didn't need it in May, but have just got back from another trip to Ibiza and you would definately need it.
Food at hotel good and cheap.
10-15 min walk to Westend, but plently bars near Costa Mar, including Cafe del Mar, Savannah and Cafe Mambo.
Would definatley go back, but beware in July/Aug it's full of 18-30's so if you want it quiet, forget it.
Rep Danny helpful and friendly.
Views beautiful from rooms and hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Found this hotel to be a bit out of the way from the life of the west end etc... a good 20mins walk through side streets..

It is right on a small cove/beach which was nice and not too busy... bit further on is the sunset strip mambo etc so they are within easy reach, but then its quite a hike to the west end...
We usually went over sunset strip til just after sundown, then back to hotel for freshen up and made our way downtown through the sidestreets.... but beware walking back from sunset strip the beachway after dark takes you across some rocky wasteground which was literally pitch black....

One side of this hotel faces the pool, a few rooms face the sea, but one side also faces onto a private house and backyard.... our view for a week from the balcony was a dirtyard with some dogs running about in it... (see photos) so try to request a room over pool or sitting on the balcony isnt much fun....

The food was cheap and cheerful, ate here a few days, nothing fancy, nuggets and chips, sausage and chips etc, they played some nice chillout thorughtout the day over PA at the pool making for a relaxing afternoon sobering up...

the room was basic but all that you needed for a lash in SanAn...
The so called selfcatering facilities comprised of a two plate hob thing and a fridge...

Not sure where I got it from but arrived on Sun, by Wed I started feeling ill with flu like symptoms and runs etc, and by Fri I could barely move, was coughing up some weird orange goo, and felt like i was dying.. I even wasted my 40 euro prepaid ticket to Eden as I couldnt even move...Spend thurs to sun just lying by the pool in jeans and a jumped in 30deg heat shivering... I was ill til come home and also very ill for the following TWO WEEKS and lost over 2stone due to not being able to keep any food down...
My mate who obviously slept in bed only 2ft away all week was fine so it wasnt anything viral or he would have caught it, and must have been some sort of bacterial infection... could have come from food, pool, beach, dodgy ice in drinks, who knows... all i know is i have never felt so ill in my life and so only really had 3 useful days of holiday here.......

Must add that before I took ill we found a cracking takeaway on the main road oppositte the egg thing, cant remember what it was called but they did the best kebabs I have ever tasted,,,,

i have added several photos also..

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank misterbarlow
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Spotted these apartments on our last visit to Ibiza in 2006 and booked directly through Ibiza Spotlight website. Apartments were very basic but clean and good value for money. Staff were friendly and helpful. Facilitlies including bar and snacks excellent. Pool area was good, although we preferred to sunbathe on the decking at Calo de Morros everyday - this is a small beach 2 mins walk from the apartments. We loved the location close to our preferred nightlife on Sunset Strip - bars such as Cafe Mambo, Savannah, Coastline and Kanya. It is also within walking distance of the West End and the marina in San Antonio. Apartments were a little bit noisey during the night with people coming & going and doors slamming, however for the money we paid the apartments were good value. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Ibiza as always, would recommend Costamar, however in the busier weeks it's probably best suited to the singles/twenties crowd rather than couples.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Just returned. 1st time in Ibiza. The location of the hotel is excellent and is basically on the sea front. A few meters away either side of the hotel are small bays to a clear blue sea. A few more meters and a sunset bar. Cafe del Mar/mambo are also just right the corner and are worth their weight in gold to watch the sun setting in a brilliant atmosphere. The west end is not too far away at around 5 min walk. The hotel was very clean and towels/bedding changed every 2nd day. The bar below could sometimes get noisy but usually died around 2ish as the ravers went on to bars/clubs. I would not recommend it for families or light sleepers because of the noise. its not that bad really and have stayed in 18 to 30s apartments, its nothing like that but the doors around the apartment do bang all hours as the drinkers return in high spirts. Except that the hotel was great, pool is clean and sunbeds always available. Staff very helpful and friendly. Make sure you request sea facing balcony!! This alone will make your holiday ace to face the sea and setting sun with a beer. If your a couple or small group you will have an amazing time. I did and want to go back to Costa mar!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pugwash08
Reviewed May 18, 2007

1st time in Ibiza. I was there for my 40th with my best friend and my sister. We had a great time. The Costa Mar is a fantastic little hotel. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Always served you with a smile and in some cases a joke. The rooms are really clean. They are basic but for the price we paid they were worth it. The food was good to and very reasonably priced. The location was good to not to far to walk to the west end and away from it when you want a bit of quiet. We loved our time in Ibiza and staying in the Costa Mar only made our experience that much better.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
#1 of 7 in Port d'es Torrent
Apartamentos Formentera I
Apartamentos Formentera I
#57 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Apartamentos Costa Mar? Share your experiences!