Got back this morning after an all inclusive stay from Sat 8th to Sat 15th September.
Food ok, but the same everyday. Day staff were very friendly and worked very hard and if you treat them with respect they are very nice to you, Nothing majorly wrong with the pool area, sunbeds are a lucky dip as to whether you will get one that is not broken.
Things, however, dramatically changed in the early hours of Thursday AM. When we checked into the hotel, we were not made aware of the remote control arrangments for the air conditioning unit in our room. As Weds was quite warm, we slept with our balcony door open very slightly. I woke with a start at 4.15am to hear my husband cursing and shouting on the balcony. He had heard a rustling and went to investigate and saw a man kneeling on the floor of our balcony with my beach bag by his knees rustling through it. My hubby, who was naked at the time, made a lunge at this scrote and he shouted something in spanish and dived over the side of the balcony onto the small extension with the red tiled roof.
Hubby went to reception and the little bald chap down there would not call the police or security. He pretended he could not speak english but we have heard him previously speaking it well enough. My husband was insistent but got now-where with this man. He said he would ring an 'amigo' and he would be here in 5 mins. He never turned up. No security and no police Needless to say neither of us got any sleep for the rest of the night. I was crying and very scared that this man would come back as we had seen him!!
In the morning we insisted on seeing the manager but was told she was at another hotel. We suggested to the receptionist, Kinga, that the manager had better get here to see us or we would play merry hell. The manager obliged us and came over.
The manager, did say that she was aware that there was a problem with someone getting into the hotel and that the first floor rooms were a problem. We were on the first floor. Her explanation was not good enough. We were even able to give a description of what this man looked like and he was definately spanish. She was not interested! She told us about the air conditioning and this was the first that we had heard about being able to put a deposit on the remote for the week and that the air conditioning was free. I was very upset and did not even want to carry on this discussion with the manager in her office, she was really disinterested that the fact this man had come into our room, taken my bag onto the balcony and was rifling through it. He did not get anything incidentally as we were very vigilent all week.
We negotiated a new room, safety deposit boxes for all our family members and an extension on our last day so did not have to use the luggage room.
If you do go ahead and book La Sirena be careful. The picture used of the hotel is one of another hotel on the beach in San Antonio Bay so we were very disappointed to end up in this hostel. Not the one we thought. We went all inclusive and paid £1800 for a disaster.
DO NOT STAY HERE, ITS NOT SAFE
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel La Sirena is located on a popular area on San Antonio Bay, very near Es Puet Beach, one of the most popular around San Antonio. The hotel is surrounded by bars, restaurants and shops, making San Antonio a key to tourism in Ibiza. The Aparthotel La Sirena is only 1 kilometer away from the lively Port of San Antonio, from where you can sail on a Catamaran and catch boats that links San Antonio with many other beaches around Ibiza. From San Antonio to Ibiza´s Airport there´s a distance of about 19 kilometers. The hotel has a restaurant, the pool with sunny terrace and bar, the lounge with satellite TV, gaming machines and billiard table. The pool and solarium is located in a garden area, where you can relax on sun beds (free of charge). Fitness room, multi sport track with the tennis court, football and basketball playing fields. Rooms: There are double and Studios rooms equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, full bathroom and balcony. Studios have also a Kitchennete. check-in 14:00 check-out 11:00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Apartahotel La Sirena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal La Sirena Hotel Sant Antoni De Portmany
- Apartahotel La Sirena Ibiza, Spain