“Nice”

Aparthotel Reco des Sol
Turin, Italy
“Nice”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice position for the hotel, nearby San Antonio walk but in a quite place, just in front of Ocean beach club...
We were in the penthouse: very big flat, with lot of space and two bedrooms with 2 baths. Nice view of the bay and furnished kitchen. But.. hydromassage was out of order as for the stereo and conditioners, and also the blankets and towels weren't so good as expected.
The price anyway was quite good consideridng that we were four people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel gets a rough deal in some of the reviews in my opinion unfairly.

Stayed as a couple, and there were mixed single groups, couples and one or two families, nice atmosphere the kids made more noise round the pool than the single groups!

The food at the pool bar is ok, the service is hit or miss, drinks not much choice and a bit overpriced especially soft drinks. The pool bar staff seemed to go into panic if there was more than 1 person at the bar or more than 1 food order at a time and the staff didnt speak good english. Rather than get annoyed we found it quite amusing!

We had a problem with our room upon arrival early hours of the night and the guy on reception was polite and helpful and I think he went out of his way to resolve our problem. The bathroom smelt really bad, its this whiff you get all around the island in the peak of summer, but it wasnt permanant and they gave us some stuff to put down the toilet and plugs to stop the smell.

Location was good 10-15min walk into the madness/beach or short taxi ride to sunset strip,. 3min walk to Ocean Beach Club.

Ocean Beach Club was great in the day, nice food and cocktails and day bed

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Arrived before our room was ready and kept suitcases in a locked room. Felt this was safe. Room was ready at 2pm. Paid for a studio however got given a 1 bedroom apartment. Wasn't ever woken from noise or people being loud. Didn't have a great view. Over looked an abandoned patch of grass but understood this was a 3*. This didn't really bother us. Reception were fairly friendly and would often look up the weather for us. Not brilliant customer service though. It's very close to ocean club but about a 15 min walk to the west end and a half an hour walk to the mambo bar where the sunset is.
The sunbeds were really uncomfortable as didn't have an cushions and were hard plastic beds. The pool also opened at 10am which was annoying as we got the best weather diring the morning. Often had to hang around for them to open. They also would jet wash the beds in the morning so you had to lay ur towel on a soaking wet bed. Music started to play loudly at 1pm but there never seemed to be annoying loud people when we stayed. A few workers would use the pool but this was never a problem either. The hotel was set further back down a few roads so was in a quieter and pleasant. Spa was about a 5 min walk away but if u crossed the road there was a cheaper better supermarket next to the tabaco shop.
The maids didn't clean rooms everyday but prob more every other day. When they first came they didn't give us any toilet roll so had to ask reception. We were given these quickly by the maids.
I wouldn't bother ordering food from pool as it wasn't very tasty and also if you ordered and then went to sunbathe they would leave ur food on the side of the bar without calling you to let you know it's there. They also charge €18 for wifi for the week which I think is cheeky. If you walk to the beach they have a good place there for breakfast and also have free wifi.
Overall a good place to stay. Small things that make it 3*. Also don't go out on the balcony and shut the doors otherwise you will get locked out. Used the job as well and the knobs were greasy and hadnt been cleaned properly.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed from 9th to 16th. Fantastic hotel from moment arrived. We got there 4 hours before check in. Receptionist was great. She found out 2 rooms that had already been cleaned and checked us in right there.
Every day had room serviced. Fresh towels every time we left them in the bath. Sheets were changed twice in that week.
Couldn't fault reception and cleaning staff.

Great value.

Only negative was the vulgar inhabitants of the apartment below.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had been searching for a hotel to stay in for about 4 weeks before finally settling on this one. A lot of hotels seem to be very over priced in San Antonio and luckily we managed to get quite a good deal here - which left me questioning how good it was actually going to be?

On arrival the appearance isn't fantastic but what can you expect for the price?
We booked a one bedroom apartment and had requested a sea view if at all possible - We luckily got a really nice room which was high up and with a sea view, we were really really happy with our room, it had a fabulous view of San Antonio bay which was stunning at night time, we also had unlimited supply of music from the Ocean Beach Club which was a stones throw from the hotel ( The music only came on around 12 and finished up by 10pm)

The Air conditioning worked well, the bathroom was quite modern and clean and everything worked as it should. The Television needed to be updated it was about 15years old with no english channels.

The pool Area was nice and relaxing and you were always guaranteed a lounger no matter what time of the day you went down to the pool. They also allow inflatables in the pool which a lot of hotels do not.

Although this hotel has a lot of positives there was also a few negatives.

The drink and food at the pool bar was just about bearable (DO NOT get their "coctails" as they are just premixed and about €7-8.

Over the 11 days we stayed our bed sheets were not changed once - our bed was made every second day but they did not change our bedsheets.

There are posters up on the hotel about late check outs €25 till 4pm and €40 till either 6 or 9pm, i went to reception 3 times to ask about late check outs each time to be told to come back later or i could only avail of this if i rang up really early on the morning i was checking out as it was first come first serve. I was sick of being shunned off so i sent my boyfriend up one last times and BAM late check out sorted. Do not advertise something if your not going to avail of it to customers

You only get Fresh towels every second day and on my last day while checking out i was changed 26euros for towels - i was in shock and had no idea why i was being charged this and when i questioned the receptionist he pulled out a Diary from under the desk and explained that on two separate days my towels had been stained. I was very shocked by this and demanded to know what kind of stains were on the towels and when he phoned up laundry they had told him there was make up stains on the towels. I was so disappointed by this and felt it really put a negative vibe on my last day and the hotel. If there were issues with towels someone could have phoned me up on the very first day it happened and explained the situation to me not just charge me at the end of my holiday. AND Towels are for washing and drying yourself what do you expect?

Overall Reco Des Sol is a nice hotel in a perfect location, And i will be back again but i just hope they listen to peoples advice on here and improve their service

Room Tip: Try to Get a Room with a Sea View
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
AJCV66, Director General at Aparthotel Reco des Sol, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Gina,

thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad you liked the rooms and the views, We are currently working on the tv channels, we will surprise you pleasantly on your next visit!
The pool is to have a good time, to enjoy and relax with friends and off course some inflatables should not be a problem.
I was very surprised to read about the sheets, it is in no way acceptable and we will investigate it! (I would say it´s impossible) normally we change them every three days.
Unfortunately the late check-out is on availability, but when the hotel is at it´s maximum capacity it is very difficult. We are sorry for that.
About the towels, there are several party’s where the people go to painted as animals (zoo parties) we warn the clients that the stains are not possible to clean and therefore charge the towels to the clients that don´t respect the hotels linen. We do offer special beach towels to the clients to use for these occasions. We will certainly listen to your valuable advice and hope to surprise you next year with better cocktails ;-)
thanks again.
London
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at reco del sol from the 1st September for ten days. One of the positives I can say about the hotel is the location. It is only a ten minute walk to the west end. The hotel is quite quiet and the noise and guests weren't a cause for concern. I actually could sleep still 12 after a heavy night of partying. The rooms are of nice size tho I do suspect that the hotel has not had a revamp for many years. I did feel secure to leave my expensive tablet, sunglasses money etc out in my room without putting them in the safe deposit box. The one negative is the cleaning. Though they do clean if you are not out the room in time they will not come bk later to clean so the result of this action we had an infection of ants. Not great.

The staff are very accommodating in particular Adrian.

On the whole I think the hotel is fine for young people and I had enjoyable stay. Thank you reco might see me next year give me a gd deal.

1 Thank Yelloman
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a week early September. We are both late twenties and wanted somewhere quiet but near enough to San Antonio to enjoy the nightlife and the location of this hotel was exactly that. The reception staff were brry friendly and helpful we wanted to keep our room on a bit later on the last day but were unable to - however there was a room for luggage and a shower to use, we were also given towels to use which made it easier after having to hang around all day. The room was good, quite big and the air con was a real bonus (even got too cold some nights!). The only thing I would say is that we didnt have a balcony - although other rooms did which would have been nice but thats just a personal thing really. Our room was at front of the hotel so did get quite noisy at some points early hours but thats to be expected at any hotel in San Antonio. Lovely quiet beach 5 minutes walk and bars etc of San Antonio about 15 minute walk away. We didnt eat in the hotel so cant comment on that. The pool area was good too, although would say that the music could have been a little quieter - not very easy to relax after a heavy night! All in all I would say the hotel was good and the location was ideal.

1 Thank GemClay
#9 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hotel Tagomago
Hotel Tagomago
#31 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Aparthotel Reco des Sol? Share your experiences!