Aparthotel Reco des Sol
Apartahotel Central City(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
$62
  • Pool
Hotel S'Estanyol(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
$57
  • Pool
Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
$82
Pikes Ibiza(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
$179
Palladium Hotel Palmyra(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$180
Hostal Mari(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$56
$44
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Puchet(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$87
$78
  • Pool
Blau Park Aparthotel(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$90
  • Breakfast included
Marble Stella Maris(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$191
THB Ocean Beach(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$142
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewspool barocean beach clubsan antoniogood sizeair conwest endminute walkthe sofa bedgreat facilitiesluggage roomgreat pooleuro depositevery other dayvery clean hotelhen partybars and restaurantsideal location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2013

location is good for couples and teens alike as you are a bit of a walk away from the craziness but close enough that you dont have to hike there. pool plays music which can be annoying and do your head in. pool bar is expensive. room was nice enough except when our drains were blocked but this got sorted straight away. a/c in rooms, fridge and everything you need. this hotel is not 5 star luxury but is your typical clean 3 star which is good if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: ask reception for a quiet side of the hotel if you require that as they tend to group the young uns together
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

we arrived in the early hours of the morning very tired. The young man on reception was very helpful. Our credit card style door keys did not work, but this was soon rectified. When entering the room we were greeted with a nice cool temperature, due to the air conditioning.The apartment was very clean throughout and the beds were made and the bathroom was cleaned daily. On one day we slept in rather late, but housekeeping came back when we had got up.
For saying there was a mixture of guests ranging from young families to twentysomething clubbers. We didn't really experience any noise problems apart from one night when two girls were arguing but the reception staff soon sorted it out. The apartments have double glazed windows, which makes a big difference to noise.
We booked the hotel direct over the Internet, which meant that they threw in breakfast, this was the usual continental breakfast processed hams cheese boiled egg breads and pastries. This was adequate, but if I had to pay for it at six euros each. I would have been a little bit disappointed as just round the corner. You can get a full English breakfast the same price.
We enjoyed the pool and pool area and found that obtaining sun lounges was not a problem. There is a signup which states you must not bring your own food and drink into the pool area, but this wasn't really enforced. The snack bar came in handy for nice cold drinks, but were a little slow on food preparation but you generally get that in Spain anyway.
I went with my wife and two girls, aged 12 and 15. This worked out really well for us in this hotel, but I wouldn't really recommended it for younger families.
The time of our departing flight was in the early hours of the morning so we had a whole day to kill but the hotel was very accommodating on letting us leave our bags in the luggage room and take a shower at the end of the day even though we had checked out.
All in all the hotel did what it said, and was good value for money.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoff1969
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of 14 for my best friends hen do. We arrived early so room wasn't ready but staff were helpful and showed us where to leave our bags and where we could change. We went round the pool and they called us when our rooms were ready, which was as they stated around 2pm. Rooms were perfect, clean and spacious. Our balcony had a perfect view of the bay and the hotel is just behind ocean beach club. Ideal location and definitely the best hotel I've stayed in Ibiza. Loved it. Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Firstly, I think it's important to say that I thought that this was a good hotel, ticked all the boxes apart from my phone being stolen from the swimming pool on the very first day. I knew that the theft of mobile phones (especially iPhones) was bad in San Antonio but I never expected mine to be stolen from a bag under my towel on a sun lounger while I was in the pool! When I reported it to both the bar staff and receptionist neither seemed bothered or offered me assistance on how was best to report it. The swimming pool is only a relatively small area and can be accessed by guests from other hotels, PR staff selling tickets and also men selling fake sunglasses and watches. Beware would be my only warning... leave phones in rooms or safety boxes just to be safe as I heard of other who also had their phones stolen.

On the positive side the rooms were very clean and basic, we had a one bedroom apartment between three with a sofa bed, my friend slept on the sofa itself as he said it was comfier than the mattress on the pull out bed. Rooms were cleaned probably every second day and towels replaced at the same time. Pool area was also generally clean although I did pick broken glass from the bottom of the pool one day and was the occassional plastic cup that needed to be fished out.

Good mix of guests at the hotel from families to couples and groups of friends and the atmosphere always good.

Generally good food and drink available at the bar although don't expect speedy service, laid back would be a fair description. Also, if you're not a fan of David Guetta this isn't the hotel for you.

Location suited our group well, a pleasant walk along the bay to San Antonio and local Spar two minutes away.

Would have loved to have given a better review but hotel sadly lets itself down in a couple of places.

Room Tip: We had room 303 that had a good sized balcony over the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ross P
AJCV66, Director General at Aparthotel Reco des Sol, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Ross,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are very glad to hear you liked the rooms and the atmosphere in the hotel.
We are sorry to hear about the loss of your phone, please do ask for the manager next time something like this happens.
Although the people stealing normally are the once you least expect I gave explicit orders to the bar to not allow anybody to enter the pool to sell stuff.
We will keep improving to make sure our reviews keep getting better.

thanks again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We arrived at the Reco Des Sol about 12.30 midday and was advised by the receptionist that check in wasn't until 2pm - fair enough - we dropped our cases into the luggage room and went out for something to eat. We returned to the hotel at 3pm to be told our room wasn't ready still. When we expressed we wern't happy about this the lady on reception became even ruder than she already was to begin with - she said check in was FROM 2pm - well 2pm until when?? She also blamed us for having such an early flight and saying we must of booked it wrong. She was very slow and there was alot of huffing and puffing when we all wanted to pay the 18euros each to have wifi and also pay for a safe too. It seemed we were a big inconvenience to her and she started speaking to some other guests about us very rudely in Spanish (I can understand some spanish and she wasn't being polite or professional). I am not sure why she didn't advise the cleaners to do our room first as we were the only people waiting to check in and after giving them an extra hour we expected it to be ready.
Luckily we had the best apartment in the hotel which was practically 20 steps from the pool, on the ground floor so we didn't have to walk past rude receptionist everyday. The apartment was clean and tidy although I found it a little small. The cleaners came every day and were very polite. The pool was always clean and tidy and we never had any issues getting a sunbed. There was a nice mix of guests, couples, groups of friends, and 1 or 2 families. The bar service was good and always had some music on. Food was always good but did take a while during busy periods.
The location of the hotel was good. A fairly quiet area and was about a 10-15 min walk to the egg and about a 5 minute walk to the beach. There was also a Spar at the top of the road.
We did get told off one night (morning) by the security guy when we got in for playing videos(music) on our phones which we didnt mind as we understand we should keep the noise down.
We did ask for our outside light to be fixed but this was never done. With this hotel I guess you get what you pay for.
I would of given this hotel a 5/5 if it wasnt for the broken light and rude lady at reception.

Room Tip: Ask for room 011 near the pool :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
AJCV66, Director General at Aparthotel Reco des Sol, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Cristy,

thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. In July and August when the hotel is fully booked the waiting times are a little bit longer because off the great amount of rooms leaving and entering the hotel, we do apologize for that. We are very glad you liked the room and had a good time. We will have a serious talk with the rude lady on the reception!
we hope next time you will give us a 5/5 ;-)

kindest regards