“Good, for a 3 star hotel”

Aparthotel Reco des Sol
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We booked this hotel based on some of the reviews here, and we were not disappointed. We knew not to expect much, but we had a good time here. We got one of the rooms outside the main building overlooking a small garden area. Good location to meet others in the hotel.
The room was bigger than I expected, but the bed wasn't comfortable at all. Overall, not very clean (bathroom, beds, ...), but we weren't fussy since we didn't spend much time in the hotel anyway.
The pool is quite small, but again, since we spent most of our time outside the hotel it didn't matter. Ocean beach club is just a short walk away, which is a great place to spend the day tanning, swimming etc..
The hotel is in a quiet area, but is a short walk/taxi ride to all the action in the west end. A couple of good restaurants are in the area, and a couple of supermarkets too, which is convenient.
I would recommend this hotel for a group of guys/girls looking to have a good time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R A

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Arrived back from a 5 night stay at the Reco des Sol. Apartment basic but ok for a base. Unfortunately we were put in a room that overlooked the main entrance to the hotel and the pool area. The pool area was small but always seemed to be beds available possibly because the music was so LOUD from 10 in the morning til 9 at night. I like my music and realise that Ibiza is a clubbers paradise but seriously the music at the pool was stupidly loud and as another reviewer mentions not suitable for kids. The hotel was mainly young groups who were extremely noisy coming back from the clubs at 4, 5, 6 oclock in the morning hence, glad to get back for a decent nights sleep. Beach was about 10 minute walk away and beautiful clear safe waters. Only a 15 minute walk into San Antonio which was quite nice at night. All in all if you don't mind constant noise great for you but I wouldn't say it was ideal for families with young children.

Room Tip: Lower pool view rooms will be noisy due to pool area music (LOUD) and main entrance to hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Reception reminds me of faulty towers. Kept waiting nearly 4 hours in reception for our room. The guy on reception was either thick or on drugs. Rooms very clean the maids to a good job. The pools not for kids in anyway on word (WILD)
It's great for groups of lads or girls but defiantly not for family's with children. Music blasting day and night full blast anyone with kids expect a noisy time.
Location great for the beach, the waters lovely also a short boat journey to Casa Bala worth a visit. Be warned Family's not the Apartments you want. Ravers spot on for you ...!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Xaverian1
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Never been to Ibiza before and was expecting a very basis apartment as it was a pretty cheap jet2 package holiday... Lots of reviews were quiet negative but I can honest say we had no complains! Really nice apartment, basic kitchen but we didnt go there to cook! Cleaners came everyday day but we were often still asleep but they were happy to go away. The air con was amazing, in fact most nights it was too cold so we had to turn it off!
Pool was a nice size and loungers always available, yes the music was a little loud and not really to my taste but we got used to it after a few days... Beach is lovely and only a 5 min walk, 10 min walk to the madness of the main strip but we tended to avoid this area and stayed at the beach front bars and restaurants by the marina area.
Can imagine any group of friends or young couple would enjoy it here, I would go again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor studio apartment around the back of the reception area, at first I was disappo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy B
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I have been working and going to Ibiza for the last 10 years, I was wary of hotels out there as there can be thefts etc...after reading the reviews on this hotel I booked it and was not disappointed. It is a little more expensive but well worth the money.

The facilities were great, air conditioning in bedroom and living room, kitchenette with everything needed to cook for ourselves, rooms were clean and new towels every other day. Security deposit box was cheap and wifi for the week was a bargin.

We had a fantastic view of the sunset from our room. The hotel is situated close to beach and shops and far enough away from nightlife so quiet at nights. The pool bar was good and the food here was great. Over all I couldn't fault the hotel and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank missiobhan
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have just returned from the worst holiday I have ever had thanks to Lastminute.com.
When I booked my holiday I was informed that my hotel was a family hotel and this could not be far from the truth. Infact this hotel was full of young clubbers. I lost count how many times I had complained to reception about the loud music from rooms at night time when my 2 year old was sleeping and also complained about the abusive music being played at the pool side bar. We eventually had to refrain from sitting by the poolside due to the music being too rude and my son repeating the swaer words being played. We were also told to check out 12 hours before our pick up time due to over crowding in the hotel. This was meant to be a nice family holiday after a long difficult year due to a family member death and we are dissapointed with our experience. I have read such good reviews about Lastminute.com and I fealt very confident in using your website. But unfortunatly this is not the case now. It also stated that washing facilities were available within the hotel which also was untrue. The hotel staff were of no use at all and only cared about the youger customers. I really cant express how much I am dissapointed with my holiday.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dean r
Reviewed July 28, 2012

When we drove to the apartments it was 4am and the location appeared to be in the middle of no where! We entered the complex and were told there was no reservations for us... our first time to ibiza, we were shattered and starting to panic. The gentlemen on the desk was lovely, he told us not to panic and that they would 'house' us tonight and discuss with the manager in the morning. Having read so many reviews about security and thieves we were worried about our belongings. The hotel was very secure (key cards)- safety deposit box was very cheap for five days too (3 euros a day). We were pleasently surprised to find the Aircon was included in the price, working in the bedroom and lounge! The hotel situation was sorted and we moved to a better room with a balcony.
The cleaners gave us fresh towels and toilet paper everyday, made the beds and had a general tidy- great service!
I would not advise breakfast in the hotel, although nice enough; there is a restaurant on the main road (3 minute walk) called '50' the english breakfast there was fab, included a great coffee and was only 4.95!
We also ate at Casa Thai- very good food and great value for money!
The location was perfect; 4 minute walk to the beach, 3 mins to the shops and 10 minutes to the strip!
We took two buses to Playa del bossa (Bora bora beach) it was a very nice beach with a great breeze... not necessarily better than any beach in San Antonio though- Just lots of music!
We got cocktails in a bar on the beach- sunset strip called Bay Bar- very nice to watch the sunset with a lovely door woman and bar staff :)

We didnt book to go to ibiza for the clubs (we did Eden and west end- seriously overrated!!) we booked because it was cheap and warm... I would definitely go back, very beautiful island!

If you are looking to take children i would advise you steer clear of sunset strip and west end after 10pm- Im a grown woman and can honestly say ive never seen anything like it! hardly any clothes and a lot of people clearly off their t**ts! not nice for children to see- unnecessary!

Room Tip: Opt for a room without a pool view (Back of the hotel)- after late nights out you want to sleep in t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends