Just back from a weeks stay at the Blue Star apartments and must say we are pleasantly surprised. Considering we paid buttons for this holiday, we were overall really happy with the place. You need to base your opinion on it fairly, based on what you have booked - a 3 star self catering apartment in Ibiza. If you want something nicer then pay for it! Budget accommodation is available to allow people to go on holiday at lower costs and still have a good time without the frills so its worth baring that in mind when reading some negative reviews from people who are happy to complain and whinge yet aren't prepared to pay for anything better.
We travelled in a group of 7, all in our mid / late 20s for the opening week of Ibiza. We weren't looking for anything to crazy and were pleased to find these apartments somewhat quiet and unpopulated. We spent days at the pool with little disturbance and the music was fine. Occasionally we played out own ipods too. The mix of people here was quite good, can see why its suitable for a variety of folks, families, couples, and groups of friends although there weren't any kids while we were there. Absolutely no problems getting sunbeds at any times of the day but may not be the case in July / August as holiday season kicks off. During our visit the temperature was early to mid 20s and everyone got good tans.
The pool bar is brilliant - a cocktail menu and quite extensive food menu with usual bar snacks aswell as sit down meal type food. Salads were good, as were the pizzas. But the huge credit goes to the young barmaid Dagmar, a pretty Czech blonde with a huge smile on her face that never failed to chat away and seem pleased to see you! Some days she would come over to the sun loungers to take food & drink orders then deliver to you, you didn't even need to go inside or to a table to eat. Again she might be a bit rushed off her feet to do this in peak season though! Cheff clearly did a great job too as the breakfasts were brill, all well priced too.
We had 2 x two bedroom apartments which were all great sized and had large balconies, the rooms were fine, beds comfortable enough with good aircon system. Good powerful shower & toilet / beadie was all in working order, huge sink & mirror. Its a pity it was the only mirror though! Considering these rooms sleep upto 6, one mirror in the bathroom wasn't really sufficient, there was 4 of us, 2 females 2 males and we had to battle to get the mirror when getting ready! If someone is showering then nobody else can put their make up on or do their hair. So bring your own portable mirror! A full length mirror would have been good also, perhaps on a cupboard door in the bedrooms.
Kitchen modern enough, plenty forks knives spoons, and cooking hob. Microwave, kettle & glasses. Also another good point was lots of plug sockets - handy for charging phones, straighteners, music deck etc. One other hitch other than mirrors was the fact that they only gave you one keycard per room. Now there was 4 of us so this meant constant tab keeping on who had the card, and if we were out we had to try and coordinate getting home with the person who had it, bit of a nightmare especially if there was 6 of you in the one apartment. They do let you in when you come back from a night out but no electricity or lights without card as we found out one night where we sat in darkness for 2 hours waiting for our friend to come home from the bars!
The area itself if good, the apartments are located on the main strip so you have a supermarket a few yards left and a few yards right not to mention fast food takeaways, bars and places to eat out at. The water taxi to take you to san Antonio isn't too far either and only 3 euro, its every half an hour. To be honest we preferred staying in the bay itself rather than san Antonio town, the shops are just as good too souvenir wise. Went to a couple of the 'big nights' at clubs but struggled to justify 20 euro a drink and 60 euro entry... Plus taxi travel to some of these places outwith San Antonio.
I would recommend the Blue Star apartments for location, a good value for money break and for families as well as groups of friends or couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 50 m of the beach the Apartments BLUE STAR are found in the Bay of San Antonio, in a privileged situation, surrounded by commercial establishments of leisure and so much diversion for children as for adults. To the centre of San Antonio there are approximately 2,5 km. In the terrace-solarium 2 pools for adults are found and one for children. Also it has a playgorund for children, a table of ping pong, billiards, mini-market and private park garage for clients. Also there is a room with satellite TV pan and snack bar next to the pool. The establishment has studios and apartments of one or two dormitories completely equipped with kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, satellite TV, safety box (with charge), telephone, complete bath and a great terrace. The studios have sofa-beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Grupo Playa Sol, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Apartments Blue Star reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Blue Star Hotel Sant Antoni De Portmany
- Blue Star Apartments Ibiza
- Apartments Blue Star Ibiza, Spain