“GREAT HOTEL DIDNT RECKON MUCH TO IBIZA”

azuLine Hotel Bergantin
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We travelled as a family there was me and my husband and our 2 little girls who are 4 and 3yrs old and my mum and dad.

First time in Ibiza and this is our 2nd time abroad with our girls but we have been on a fair few holidays as a couple. We thought we would try all inclusive having the kids as might work out saving money with it as always go self catering. Its not for us we arnt massive eaters or drink loads of booze so we wil stick to self catering. However can not take away from the hotel how good it was.

Arrived dinner time quick and simple check in wrist bands on and cards given for canteen (you have to basically scan yourself in every meal time with them so don't lose them) went in for dinner no issues. Food was brilliant the whole holiday don't know who could really pick faults as there is enough choice for everyone and always cooked fresh. meal times where

breakfast between 8 and 10:15am
lunch between 1 and 3pm
dinner between 7:30 and 10pm

the snack bars are open from 10am to 6pm and the bar its self open till 11pm. Never had a issue getting a few drinks at a time even tho sign on bar states 2 drinks per person also serve lollies which are basically a chocolate sandwich or a magnum type lollie but my kids liked them :).

We where on the 5th floor which I had emailed and requested as I had read some of these reviews and thought it was worth a try ...I was emailed back and told it wouldn't be a problem and when I got there we had been given rooms as required. we had room 511 over looking the sea and my parents where opposite side of corridor room 513 over looking pool. Bit noisy on night but it is Ibiza after all and to be expected deffo try to get top floor if want things a little quiter. Rooms do have thin walls but never found it a issue to be honest.

Kids clubs and entertainment where pants to be honest and can understand the reviews on them. Everything has to be explained in 4 languages as they cater for English,german,french,spanish so its a bit long winded doing quiz's ect and usually rubbish. We stayed for first few nights in bar then ventured out the rest of holiday as couldn't take anymore or we sat in reception area there and had few drinks near that bar. It was fine our first week but 2nd week did get a lot of 18-30's in hen stag doo''s ect this is fine and I have been on many of them meself over the years but I think the hotel has to decide who its catering for .....young party holiday makers or families and couples of a quitter nature. Not very nice when you have a few rowdy groups near your young kids but we coped.

Ibiza its self was the big issue for us. We have never been before and it is totally not for families/kids. Never known a place like it. You walk down the promenade way to get to main town/port and can never see a toilet which sounds febel but when you have kids a nightmare lol. Found everything really expensive and also if you walked past with a pushchair no touts want to know you which can be a good thing but its like sayin we don't want your kids in here so do one :(. Deffo stick to places like canaries as more for families as Ibiza for me is a big let down hardly any boat trips for kids and if there was it only ran once a day and only a couple days a week. Madness. The train ride round the island was brill for kids and the driver was deffo on something he was so funny kids loved him :) .

all in all ok holiday... avoid trips thru reps as a total rip off still waiting on a reply from complaint thru Tom the rep ...happy to take money not happy to help when need it. useless.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Helen T

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stopped here last week in June 2013 for 1 week, with my wife parents n 2 kids- 2nd time here in 3 years **Rooms**= liveable for a week n clean n spacious - **Food**= not to everyone's cup of tea but for my taste was excellent n varied at times- poolside snacks were basic but enjoyable- excellent bar staff- helpful n selection of snacks n drinks were also good- **Location**- located in the middle cove of 3 so walkable to either, 20 mins walk in either location for the more able bodied- close to boat taxi stop at Mar Amantis 2 n the hotel will call taxis if required- boat 7 euro to the west end n 30 euros to the airport which is a bargain- **Summary**- hotel has a host of European clientele with a mixture of singles/couples/family's - can b quite noisy at night but as I told my wife it doesn't bother me unless they wake my children which they never did but I'd say the hotel is ideal for any group of people who are well catered for - the hotel comes highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Couldn't fault the hotel, the service or the food. Only a 10-15 minute walk into the centre which was an easy road, or you can get the water taxi every half hour from the local beach.
Pukka up boat party is a must if you love dancing.. The strip (west end) is an experience in itself just have your wits about yourself.

as for the noise in the hotel, we really didn't find it all that bad.. A little noise but nothing you couldn't sleep through! Security was good, made you feel safe, couldn't bring anyone not checked in to the hotel through the day or night.

I would happily stay here again and advice anyone to do the same!

4  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Staff very friendly,food very good,drink enjoyable,rooms good size and spotless.Younger holiday makers could be bit loud first couple of days but then they settled down,they are on holiday after all,if people dont want a bit of playful noise when on holiday they should rent a villa and let others enjoy themselves.P.S.It was 3 young spanish couples across the hall from me that i found to be the niosiest at 3/4 in the morning

Reviewed June 25, 2013

7 of us (ladies, age 39 - 43) stayed at the Bergantin for 3 nights / 4 days between 20th - 30th June '13 on an all inclusive package. I usually stay in 5* plus hotels so wasn't expecting much but I can honestly say that I was impressed by the cleanliness, comfort, location and food at the hotel. I found the food lovely, the restaurant was very well managed and catered for a variety of nationalities and age groups. The beds were comfortable (firm but not too hard), the room was adequate and apart from the odd disruption of revellers coming in, was mostly very quiet.

It's within walking distance of the Westend (this is 'party central,' packed with bars and people) but a taxi will cost around 7 Euro and can be flagged down just around the corner from the hotel. Don't be tempted to get into any random cars that offer you a lift and don't get into a chuck chuck type of thing with a chap peddling at the front on a push bike - this cost 20 Euros and didn't get you anywhere that quickly!

The alcoholic drinks were great and didn't seem to be watered down as they can be at some places. My only gripe would be that they were served in flimsy plastic glasses but I can understand how that would be essential, for H&S reasons. A few extra bar staff during busy periods would have been welcome as there sometimes tended to be a long queue inside and out.

As our flight home was at 9pm and checkout was 12pm, we asked if we could keep a room on until around 6pm. The hotel was so busy that they had no availability but there was a courtesy room to store luggage, showers and towels which we were very grateful for. We were also very grateful for the continued use of the AI package, we weren't asked to remove our wristbands at checkout and I thought this was a nice touch, given that some places would.

All in all, I'd definitely go back to this hotel as it suited our purposes and was extremely good value for money. If you want 5*, go to (and pay for) a 5* hotel - this place is great and I'd recommend it to friends and family and I'd go again.

3  Thank NikkiWrexham_NWales
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The 3 pools were excellent, the food was very nice for a AI hotel, staff were friendly and the rooms were more than adequate for our needs but all these things are extremely hard to enjoy with only 2 hours sleep a night. The hotel was full of 18 year old Scottish chavs running around causing chaos all night/day. They are a disgrace to the human race! Shouting, doors banging and fighting kept us all up throughout our stay at the hotel. Eventually some of them were asked to leave the hotel but this was too little too late as it was on our last night.
If you are looking to stay at this hotel I would recommend sourcing a drug dealing on arrival and look to buy some of that horse tranquilizer (ketamine) to ensure a half decent nights sleep.
I will not be returning unless they ban the clubbing brand 18-30 from staying there.

2  Thank Pep186402
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from 22nd may till 5th june. We didnt know what to expect really as there were a real mixture of people getting off our coach.
Its in a really good location and the bars and restaurants near here are good value and nice food. Its only about 20mins walk across the bay into main san antonio and the harbour is lovely.

The hotel was very clean and room service was every day with fresh towels. The walls of the hotel must be made of paper as you can hear a pin drop in next doors room. Running the length of the corridors was popular so this was annoying of an evening when trying to sleep.
Staff were excellent and friendly and a good choice of food. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Dean J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Antoni de Portmany
azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II
azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & ...
#32 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
#19 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Sol House Ibiza by Melia
Sol House Ibiza by Melia
#1 of 7 in Port d'es Torrent

Been to azuLine Hotel Bergantin? Share your experiences!