“Great budget Hotel in Ibiza”
Review of Hotel Tropical

Hotel Tropical
Melbourne, Australia
“Great budget Hotel in Ibiza”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 3 nights in September. It's my third time in Ibiza and this is the best place I've stayed. The staff are friendly, the hotel is clean and the included buffet breakfast is awesome. The pool is across the street but less than a 15 second walk. Next time I go back I would stay there for sure. When you are going out til 7am in the morning it's nice to know you can come back to the hotel and the security guy is keeping everyone is check so you can catch up on sleep! We found him fine, as long as you're not drunk or acting like an idiot he will actually have a laugh with you. Be respectful of other guests and you wont have a problem. :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Czech first
Billinge
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Firstly Id like to make a point about Rambo...... He made u feel safe and secure and if he's banging on your door to keep the noise down then there is obviously
A reason for it (if u still wanna party-STAY OUT) Me and my
Friend stayed here and were assured by Rambos presence here that no idiots were going to make us feel scared or uncomfortable.

The hotel is basic but clean and breakfast was plentiful although I didnt fancy a full English every morning (more fruit options are desperately needed here) I didn't try the evening meal so can't comment.

The location is fantastic and the west end and mambo's are a stones throw away but far enough away if u wanted them to be!

All in all would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Dee D
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here with a large group of mixed ages between 20 and 40 in September 2013. The hotel itself is well situated with easy walk of most areas of San An - West End is a few mins, Kanya Beach is about 15 mins, Mambos about 10.

It's a fairly dated looking place and the rooms are too, whilst our room (for 3) was huge, another friends (also for 3) was tiny, with barely enough room to get past the end of the beds.

Generally the staff were polite and helpful and the included buffet as much as you can eat breakfast was actually of a decent standard. One problem they really need to address is the over zealous security in the evenings.

Whilst I understand that Ibiza does attract some people who will cause problems, to have your room door banged on at a few minutes past midnight (we had about 10 people in our room as ours was the biggest) and told that they must all go back to their respective rooms is both petty and unnecessary. We were adults, on holiday, sat chatting over a few drinks with some very quiet music on in the background, hardly a wild party yet the security guy seemed hell bent on actually causing trouble rather than preventing it. When we spoke to the hotel management the next day, they agreed we were right and said they would speak to the guy in question. The same event was repeated several times over the space of 6 nights and in no cases were his actions justified.

Ironically, when there was a fight and stabbing outside the hotel (not involving any of the guests staying in it), our security man was no where to be seen and in fact actually refused to help by calling Police and medical assistance, yet most other nights he was walking up and down the road as if he was some kind of vigilante. Absolutely ridiculous.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have balconies and the ones without are a lot smaller and darker. Corner rooms at the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SimonBrock
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visited this hotel from 4th - 11th of September I really enjoyed my time at this hotel for a three star hotel the service is fantastic the facilities and maid service is fabulous also the dining staff/reception staff and security were very helpful and very friendly and spoke excellent English.When I left my sunglasses in a rental car the hotel reception staff went above and beyond for me to contact the hire company and have them returned to the hotel before I left.
I have stayed in many four star hotels that have failed to meet expectation compared to this hotel I think it defiantly deserves a 4 star rating.

Going as a couple on an 18- 30 holiday after watching club reps, I did not have very high expectations with regards to getting a good night sleep but once you are used to a few doors being shut in the early hours of the morning and the occasional sound of drunks in corridors I found I slept throughout the night without disturbance after the first night.
For me the only two downsides were that the wifi signal was very slow and most of the time was unable to get any connection but then again WiFi was a bounous given that most hotel chains do charge for WiFi and internet access.

The only other downside for me was the hotel swimming pool it is located just across the road from the Tropical and is a fairly small pool that is not exclusive to hotel guests, but do not let this put you off instead head down the the marine and for £8 euro's you can get 20 minute boat ride to two stunning beaches with crystal clear water!!

I would happily return to this hotel if I was to return to Ibiza!! ****

Room Tip: Quiet but very affective and fast A/C
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chloe186314
Manchester
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotel Tropical is a bsic clean hotel but my holiday was basically made a nightmare because of over zealous security. Ie 6 people with no music on in the middle of San An. Ive been a travel agent for 23 years and I pride myself on always sending people to somewhere I would stay myself as people save hard all year but this place is looking like Faulty Towers. Rambo is obviously a failed policeman. He patrols the place like a dog. I am totally up for a quiet environment but to ruin people's holidays id not on. 13 trips to Ibiza and I would NEVER stay here again. He seriously needs to be sacked!!!! Such a shame for an alright hotel

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank Helen M
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Loved my stay in Ibiza and the hotel had a big part to play. It was cheap, fantastic location, right near the strip. However, it is mainly for younger people who want to go out every night. We stayed in one night and didn't get much sleep because it was so noisy. But we didn't care because we knew that it was us making the noise on the other nights. The hotel was so clean, all the staff were nice. The pool was really nice and the pool bar was great, cheap drinks and food!
Breakfast was ok, english breakfast, plus chicken nuggets!
Watch out for the security guard though, 'Pedro', he is a nutter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights, room 105 very small room and bathroom and no balcony. hard for girls getting ready for a night out, but the air con was great. our friend was in 234 and they had a bigger room and balcony so its probs depends when u book it. breakfast was good, pool looked great tho we didn't get a chance to use it. 5 mins from west end.no problems with hotel, would stay again.

Room Tip: 234 seemed to be a good room good view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends