“You get what you pay for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Piscis

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Piscis
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Read the reviews before going was slightly concerned! I did 5 nights with 2 other mates! Our room was cleaned every day, had no issues on money nicked etc we have stayed in plenty worse places elsewhere. People do come around knocking selling pills etc but its down to yourself if you take them. If you are after a quiet family hotel then look elsewhere if you just there for a bed and a piss up then this hotel is ideal. Even has a good location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daniel B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have just returned from this hotel today with 4 other girls. We arrived in the early hours got checked in fairly quickly, reception desk was fairly rowdy but soon calmed down. We was all inclusive but I wouldn't recommend this as the breakfast for a start was disgusting, I am not a fussy eater and will try and eat anything going but this was un-edible. Lunch wasn't the best, dinner was always the better meal of the day. But if you like chips salad and bread rolls then you won't starve!!!!! Staff were friendly enough. Even hitler the security guy on the main door. If you are expecting to be able to bring guests back into your room on a night think again hitler is on top form and checks everyone's wristbands and disposes if any unwanted guests !!!! The NOiSE .... Well well well.... Banging all night long and shouting but then you have to realise you are in Ibiza and noise is everywhere. The bar..... Not impressed with only been able to purchase one drink at a time thou. Cleanliness of the hotel in general was ok. We had a triple room. Had to place a towel in the bath to stand on as the enamel on the bath was peeling away and was very sharp and don't expect much of wardrobe...2 coat hangers between three women = living with creased clothes!!! Overall, would I stay here again NO, would I recommend anyone else to... My advise would be to go with an open mind regardless of what reviews you have read, your personal review is the only review.

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Would not recommend anyone stay here ever!! I had to to stay here for 10 long days and nights it was awful! My friend even got a flight back home after 3 days of staying here!! The lift was out of order (we were on 4th floor) we had to drag our suitcases up the stairs! The stairs every night were covered with rubbish everywhere, blood all down the steps and smashed glass all over the place! We paid for air con and it didn't even work at all! The electricity would cut out few times a night! The rooms were not cleaned by the maids, we had to ask for clean towels most days! The food was terrible too with flies all over it! Hotel was full of hooligans throwing mattresses, mirrors, chest of draws over the balcony's all the time!! On the last day my 2 friends got stuck in the lift which had been supposedly fixed. Hotel staff were not too bothered by the situation when I told them my friends were stuck in the lift!! I'd say to everyone stay well away from this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank spambean

Travelers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

Holyhead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ive stayed in Ibiza numerous times and was fully aware of this hotels reputation, but I was pleasantly surprised, my room was clean and the cleaners came in every other day, The only issue I had was I caught the lads in the room next door attempting to break in when they thought I was out by jumping over from their balcony to mine and trying to get in. Luckily for me I forgot my wallet, came back and caught them in the act before anything got stolen, It seems the hotel has cleaned up its act a bit but I wouldn't recommend bringing I-Pads/Laptops etc and if you've got large amounts of cash try hide it somewhere as the safes in this place have been known to get broken into. I think the main problem with this place is the chavs who stay here and cause chaos.

Room Tip: Don't leave valuables around just play it safe
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank gslinn
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were really nervous about this hotel after reading some of the horror stories, but it's really a case of having realistic expectations when you book a holiday here.
The main negative points were the complete lack of soundproofing, the staff were pretty rude - the bar staff in particular seemed to really hate everyone and everything, and the food was pretty grim. We only paid an extra 20 euros to go all inclusive so we weren't too fussed about having to eat out every night (the only night we ate the food my friend literally vomited in her mouth). The lifts were broken quite often as well which would be pretty unfortunate if you were checking in with your cases to a high floor at the wrong time. They also have security guards at the entrance who search your shopping bags for alcohol, for some reason they don't want you to buy any bottles of booze and take any to your room - this isn't something I'd come across anywhere else so I was a little bemused by it (hmm.. last time I checked I was an adult on a holiday not a pre teen outside a school disco?!)
Other than that the rooms were basic but fairly clean. The pool is a pretty decent size and if you're happy with a towel on the ground there's enough space around it.
I definitely recommend investing in the air con (but if you make friends with people who have paid for it you can just borrow their controller) and a safe is a really good plan if for nothing other than peace of mind.
The location is pretty fantastic, 4 or 5 minute walk to the west end strip where you can get completely wasted for about 20 euro without much effort.
If you are heading that way you'll pass the most amazing pizza place (not sure of the name, pizzonis or something along those lines) which is on a corner with a black store front and sells individual pizza slices with some really yummy toppings for around 3 euros a slice. This was our eatery of choice after the Piscis Park food failed to impress.
All in all this was a pretty decent place to stay if you're expecting somewhere to touch base, to get yourself ready to go out in and to stumble back to and pass out in afterwards. If you go expecting a nice relaxing family resort you may need your head examined.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Widnes, Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

In all honesty I really enjoyed my trip here last September. Yes there is loud banging in the halls and lairy behaviour etc...my tip? Bring some ear plugs! Simple! Problem solved if you want to get some shut eye after having been clubbing it until dawn.

We found that by being polite and friendly to the hardworking hotel staff meant that they were just as friendly back! I should imagine that if I was a maid or a receptionist being hurled abuse at by lairy bladdered english people that I wouldn't be very chirpy towards them!!!! And if things went missing then this did not happen to us or any of the 8 other people we came on holiday with. Be careful - would you leave valuables lying around in Britain? No you wouldn't. Be vigilant, we took a decent padlock with us and locked everything in our case of an evening...not a problem at all.

The location is ideal, right across the road from the beach and Es paradis & Eden and a short walk from Mambo along the coast path. The West End is in spitting distance if you were so inclined to play British Bulldog with the millions or annoying reps up there..

We took a taxi most days to Bora Bora where the beach is far and beyond anything like the stagnant San An.. Ushuaia Beach club beds are only €8 for the day and are like actual mattresses and there is fab music being played as you relax with a cocktail in hand.. The taxi acorss costs about €25 but well worth it.

We stayed room only so can't comment on the food but my friends had no complaints... Happy Raving Ravers! x

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor if possible - drowns out a bit of the outside noise!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends