“TOP CLASS”

Ibiza Rocks Hotel
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“TOP CLASS”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My friend and I did the WE ARE ROCKSTARS week and stayed in the Ibiza Rocks Hotel. It was genuinely the best holiday I've ever had and I would recommend it to everyone, especially if you’re a student and can’t afford to take loads of spends but still want to experience Ibiza. It was amazing we got our stay in the hotel, tickets to together at Amnesia, Es Paradis, a boat party, pool parties, pre-parties at the rocks bar and gig tickets!!! All for under £200 – mental!!!!!! We didn’t even need much money to take with us because transfers were included to the clubs and we got discount in the hotel on ALL food and drink!! Honestly can’t go wrong with it, it’s cheaper than going out every night in the UK for a week! We saw Annie Mac at Amnesia which was incredible and The Maccabees live at Ibiza Rocks! Not only did we get all that the staff were so lovely and told us where is best to go, sold us tickets at the best prices and helped us meet other people. There were only two of us so all the pre-parties Ibiza rocks organised were wicked and we met so many people we still speak to now. The hotel rooms are clean, you’ve all got your own balcony and the pools are amazing. The chilled out one was class for a hangover then the other had a crazy atmosphere with DJS playing all the time and again, wicked for meeting people! Thanks Ibiza Rocks – see you again soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ryan H, Overseas Delivery Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hi

Thanks for leaving such a detailed review of your stay at Ibiza Rocks - I'm glad you had such a great time.

In terms of pre-parties, each day we invite our favourite club nights on the island to take over the pool area and this year will be no different. Our ability to change up the atmosphere around the pool has received a lot of compliments a lot in the past so I'm happy to see you enjoyed it too!

Look forward to having you back in 2013.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spent a week here last year and did not enjoy it at all!!!! Staff were rude and unhelpful and the hotel is MAJOR overpriced. You can do much better if your going to Ibiza for a week than pay the crazy prices in Ibiza Rocks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kevin B
Hi Kevin

Thanks for reviewing Ibiza Rocks though I'm sorry to see you didn't enjoy your time at the hotel.

We feel that our prices are competitive with other hotels in the area and in fact, we offer a lot more added value with the two main stage events that are free to all hotel guests.

Although you feel that the hotel is overpriced, I'm not sure that necessarily affects other aspects of the scoring such as Location, Rooms and Sleep Quality that you have also scored 1/5.

I apologise for the for the fact that you didn't have the best of times at Ibiza Rocks, particularly if you felt that the staff could have done more to enhance your stay.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I Stayed at Ibiza Rocks last August for a week, it was one of the best weeks of my life. The Hotel was perfectly placed in San Antonio, and well worth the money for what the hotel provided. The room was cleaned every day and the hygiene was immaculate. The atmosphere around the pool everyday was fantastic; there were always things going on, rather than other hotels I have stayed at, where sometimes you can just be waiting for the night to go out.

The host team staff were always there to help you with everything you needed and you always felt like there was a personal touch on everything that the hotel provided. We have saved up and the same group of guys are heading back here in July this year, we booked again yesterday, can only hope we get the great view of the pool for gig days as we did last year!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ryan H, Overseas Delivery Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hi

I really enjoyed reading your review and I'm happy to hear that Ibiza Rocks played big role in making your holiday one to remember.

The Ibiza Rocks Host Team have the ability to have a really positive impact on a guest's stay at Ibiza Rocks. They know the ins and outs of Ibiza and can recommend club nights, bars and restaurants to suit any taste - I'm glad you made the most of this service.

We'll look forward to having you back in July for round 2!
Aberdeen
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Ridiculous that you have to pay for A/C, you are only allowed to drink, drinks purchased from the bar in the hotel even though its self-catering, I had bottles of water confiscated from me on numerous occasions by hotel staff, whilst druggies were sniffing lines of coke off the side of the pool and sun loungers and nothing was said to them. I thought Ibiza rocks had the reputation of being a more high market hotel compared to the other party hotels in ibiza since you do pay more to stay there, however it was just full of unemployables.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ryan H, Overseas Delivery Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hi

Thanks for taking the time to review Ibiza Rocks.

Air-conditioning is available to all guests at the cost of €7 per room, per night. If you are staying over a seven day period and there are three people in your room, that's just €16 each. This is in-line with many hotels in the local area and in fact, across the island for hotels that cater for similar demographics as our own.

You are right in saying that Ibiza Rocks is a self catering hotel. Each room is equipped with a small kitchenette and fridge allowing guests to prepare their own food should they wish to do so. Unfortunately, our policy is that only food or drink purchased from one of the hotel bars or restaurants can be consumed in public spaces around the hotel.

One point in your review is of major concern as you mention drug-taking around by the pool. Our lifeguard, on duty from 9am to 6pm each day, will alert a member of the management team should he see any major incident including drug-taking at any point during the day. I would like to clarify that Ibiza Rocks has a zero tolerance on drugs and any guests found to be in taking or in possession of drugs at any time will immediately be evicted.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Before, reading my review let me begin by saying I am an arrogant guy, I want to stay at the best places, sip only the best, eat good food and party at the top venues.

Yes I can get mucky and drink the watered down alcohol they serve at the cheap bars and go to a sweat box of a club afterwards thats filled with large loud mouthed girls, girls with too much make up on who think they are gods gift and my pet hate girls who can't speak good english...but I can still have a laugh and make the most of it- but if i had a choice I wouldn't.

I consider myself a chameleon - I can party dirty and hard or party celeb style and still have fun!

This is the view i bring, before you want to bother reading anymore :)

I visited Ibiza in 2012 and unfortunately my friends booked the hotel as they were on a budget.

Lobby: Nice chilled out place, small bar and I will admit the reps were really friendly and gave lots of useful advice

Reception: Service was slow, only 2-3 people serving usually at a time and the desk is chaos and long. Service however, was always with a smile and they did their best to accomodate.

Location: Poor if you want to the pricey good clubs where the chic europeans hang out. Good if you like cheap english/irish knock off pubs and bars, watered down alcohol, and loud scantily dressed english girls and latest music in the charts mixed with the old odd club banger. PS warning the morning after streets of San Antonio smell like a cross between a sweaty large english girl whos covered in her own faeces, vomit and beer and a decomposing rat (its really that bad i felt sorry for the locals!!).

San Antonio where Ibiza Rocks is located is in the North, the better clubs are central/south near playa d'en bossa. I never bus'd it even though buses were cheap 2-3 euros but cabs were roughly 20min-30min and around 15-20 euros.

its a 5min walk to San Antonio strip of bars and the local Subway (where i ate most of my meals- as i got food poisoning from the hotel food). Also there is no beach within walking distance.

Pool + Bar- small but friendly, always seemed to get a deck chair. Drinks/food were all paid for on a top up card system which you recharged at reception- which was handy as you never had to carry cash around with you then. Bar staff varied some were friendly some were not.

Rooms- Small, Air Conditioning was an additional extra you had to pay for if i remember right it was 5 euros a day (trust me you need AC), No Safe, Toilet was dated, rooms only got cleaned once in between the trip, fridge didn't work, beds were damp.

Food: Not great, more snacky foods- got food poisoning once

Extras: Games room with pool table and xbox which was good to socialise with.

Verdict: i personally wouldn't come back, but if you are on a budget and want Ibiza on the cheap go for it! Next time i would stay at Ushuaia.

Room Tip: Request a penthouse or pool view
1 Thank PeshKP
Hi

I'll start by saying thanks for posting such a detailed review of the hotel though I must admit, it seems like Ibiza Rocks Hotel was the wrong place for you to be staying in the first place!

Ibiza Rocks caters for a lot of different people, typically from the age of between 18 and 30.

You're correct in saying that we're based in San Antonio though this is actually on the West of the island - famous for one of the world's best sunsets. Our crowd isn't necessarily VIP orientated - for this I would recommend you stay elsewhere as Ibiza Rocks is classified as a party hotel with pool parties every day and two main stage events, Wednesday and Friday.

When and if you do return, I'd recommend staying at Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes Hotel - this is our more up-market property based just outside of San Antonio in the countryside and I get the impression this would be more to your style!

Either way, thanks for the review and maybe we'll see you at Ibiza Rocks House some time in the future!
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My girlfriends and I booked this hotel for a fun weekend in Ibiza. The hotel was disgusting and seemed that even basics like aircon was at an additional cost. Wristbands needed to be warn at all times and unless you were a guest staying at the hotel, you were not aloud on the premises, not even the lobby. The pool was always packed with ppl boozing (awesome) but shame the staff didn't clean the garbage or cigarette butts from around the pool or it may have been a pretty nice place. We were by no means looking for luxury as we were staying in Ibiza to party but at the price we paid for this hotel we didn't expect the garbage hostel type rooms we were given and the broken shower that took forever to fix.
The only positive thing I have to say about this place is the location is great. Close to cafe mambos for a great sunset dinner and drinks :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank amber e
Ryan H, Overseas Delivery Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hi Amber

Firstly, I'm sorry your stay at Ibiza Rocks wasn't as good as it could have been but thanks for the feedback - we'll take on board everything you say.

Our policy of only permitting guests into the hotel has been in place for a number of years now and enables us to provide a safer environment for residents.

I have made a note of your comments about the cleanliness around the pool and will ensure that there are steps taken to change this in 2013.

Again, thanks for the feedback and maybe see you again soon.
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I wouldn't go to Ibiza Rocks expecting a glamourous hotel room, I would have preferred a double bed for example but what was there was adequate and the fridge and cooking area was really handy. We could just see the sea from our balcony too. Air con was extra but we only needed it on 1 day (when i was particularly hung over).

The reception area really sets the scene for the hotel so you deffinately get a different feel than at the more traditional hotels. The main pool area did get crowded with people jostling for sunlight but there was a great party atmosphere and varuous events going on through the week. I would definately reccommend the boat party, it was awesome fun!

We were lucky to have a room on the corner on the ground floor of rooms facing out so we had the option to get a bit more peace and quiet than those facing poolside. The positioning of the room also meant we didn't have a bunch of 19 year olds running around the corridoors outside our room which would have been annoying.

The bands that played really made it, Block Part, Alt J, DJ Fresh, Zain Lowe all on my doorstep, spoilt or what! We met lots of great people out there so if you are going as a couple don't worry you will make friends and then see everyone about when you are out. The location of the hotel is a short walk to the town centre and 'the strip' but it's a pleasant walk through the streets or along the coast (uphill on the way back but we always made it back). We only made it over to Ibiza town once during the trip but it's all accessible if you want by bus, taxi or boat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan H, Overseas Delivery Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hi Roxanne

I'm glad to hear you had such a good stay at Ibiza Rocks. Thanks for posting some pictures with your review too.

You definitely chose a good week to stay - I thought Bloc Party & Alt-J was one of the best gigs of the summer so hopefully we'll see you again in 2013.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
#2 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza Rocks
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza R...
#9 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
#18 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Hotel Puchet
Hotel Puchet
#8 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Ibiza Rocks Hotel? Share your experiences!