“Dont go unless you want a tacky student experience”
Review of Ibiza Rocks Hotel

Ibiza Rocks Hotel
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Located in a very average part of San Antonio, this club Hotel is a home to partying students which is great i thats what you want. Food was very poor burger and chips type food at a high price. Drinks sold on basis of expensive drinks tokens. Went to see Ed Sheeran at Opening party and left after 3 tracks as two fights broke out and Ed was mic'ed up so badly you couldn't hear him - complete waste of Euros and time on such a beautiful island. Beware!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lara Y
Ryan H, Overseas Delivery Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Hi

From your review I can assume that you didn't actually stay at the Hotel and you visited for our Opening Party with Ed Sheeran on 6th June.

We use drinks tokens on Gig days due to the volume of drinks being sold and the speed of processing cash is too long for the demand. We have had no other complaints regarding the sound quality for that night so it seems the issues you encountered are somewhat isolated.

You also mention "two fights broke out"; we employ a up to 40 security staff for each Main Stage event and I'm sure that any discrepancies were resolved as quickly as possible.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

we've stayed here about 4 times its a great hotel in a central location for beaches bars and sunset its bang in the middle, it never stops here theres always something going on. if you go when bands are on id recommend you upgrade you room to a stage view room, we did this and had an excellent view and obv you can save a fortune by drinking your own drink from your room! other than that rooms are basic but clean and a great base for your holiday!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vicstaNorthEast

Hi Vicki

Thanks for the comments. Our Stage View rooms are definitely worth that little bit extra as they provide an experience you can find nowhere else!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Im a party loving girl and thought this hotel would be ideal to stay at as it's basic and in a good location. It was the worst holiday I've ever had.
On arrival the staff was rude. I had to ask to be shown to my room 5 times. Finallly a man showed me to my room whilst making sexual comments towards me and tried to feel my friends bum, also kept winking at us when we were in our bikinis. I was beyond disgusted. It only got worse.
There was blood and vomit stains on the floor, the bed sheets were UNCLEAN, the walls were filthy, the smell of the room was horrific and outside the room there was used condoms in the corner.
When I tried to report the state of the room I was simply ignored and told to go back to my room
The maid was pointless as she never cleaned our room and basically just chucked towels in every now and again. I asked her to remove blood and vomit stains on the floor but she looked at me as if I was crazy.
I payed for a pool view and didn't get one. I had immature 19 year old boys running round the corridors asking me and my friend for sex.
Bottles of water was confiscated unless it was bought from the hotel bar.
Music was played from 7am and the same songs were repeated all day.
On the final day I wanted to speak to the manger. I did, but he was disgustingly rude and didn't seem to care I had a horrendous stay. Even if you do love a party stay away from this 'hotel'. There are so much better

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank AmySummer

Hi Amy

Thanks for your review of Ibiza Rocks Hotel.

Firstly I would appreciate if you could contact the Hotel so we can investigate some of the issues you have mentioned in this review further. The point about a member of staff making sexual comments is something that has no place at Ibiza Rocks and I would like to know more details about this.

The maid service in the Hotel operates five to six days a week, however, the maids will not enter a room when there are guests sleeping inside so maybe this was the case with your room.

You also mention about bottles of water being taken from the pool area. This is a policy that has been in the Hotel for a number of years where only beverages bought at the Hotel bars are allowed to be consumed in public places and all bottles taken are stored behind the bar until the guests leave the pool and collect them later that day. Since your review, we have now changed how this is communicated to Hotel guests with the Host Team going round the pool and explaining the Hotel policies to guests. Previously it had been a Spanish member of our bar staff so now there is no excuse for miscommunication between Ibiza Rocks and our guests.

I hope you accept this as an apology for the Rocks experience you received at the Hotel and will give us another chance by staying with the Rocks Group in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We arrived at the hotel on the 3rd of June for my hen do! We saved up and paid a lot of money to get there and we decided on the hotel because we wanted to have a great time. Thankfully we did but this was in no way thanks to the hotel. We arrived at 9.30pm and one of my hen party immediately turned me back out of the room because it was absolutely trashed! It hadnt been cleaned and there was rubbish everywhere! After speaking to the spanish receptionist he just smiled and said oh well go to this room! The room we went to was clean but smelled horrendous! We asked if we could be moved again in the morning when the room had been cleaned and they said maybe. The next day we had numerous visits to reception for the whole day until they decided we could move. When we did the room was cleaner but still smelt horrendous also was so noisy it was unreal! we like to party but my god! Sick and uring outside the rooms and in the constantly locked corridoors was not nice. My friend describes this hotel as a rabbit run! She spent hours trying to find her room... sober! No compensation was offered at all! The staff were less than helpful as we had already pre booked everything therefore they were not interested! Whilst there we had my kindle and my camera taken! Please be warned that things go missing and the staff are less than willing to help! Pretty much shugging their shoulders. The only good thing about this hotel was STE-V-SOMETHING! The resident DJ. He is mint! Well done Ste V. Thank you for the tunes :-) xx

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Donnidon

Hi

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at Ibiza Rocks but thank you for bringing the points made in your review to my attention.

Let me start by saying that there is no excuses whatsoever for allocating you a room that was not ready for guests to move in. I have spoken with the Reservations Manager at the Hotel and we are currently looking into how this mistake was made so we can avoid similar instances in the future.

You mention about the layout of the Hotel and admittedly with 368 and up to 1200 people, there can be some confusion trying to find your room sometimes. I apologise if a member of the Host Team wasn't on hand to direct you to your room as this is one of their day to day duties.

You also point out that you had items taken from your room, was this reported to the Host Team or any member of staff at the Hotel? We have specific procedures that we follow in cases such as this and Report Forms that can be used for evidence in insurance claims for items that have been lost or stolen.

On a positive note, I'm glad you enjoyed our newly crowned Resident DJ - I'll be sure to pass on your appreciation.

If you would, please try and get in contact with the Hotel so I can look into your camera and Kindle and apologies again for the service you received from Ibiza Rocks staff.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

where to start...rooms are basic but what more do yiou want in ibiza!? we were told the hotel was only half full n all the sunbeds were taken by the pool so could be a problem peak season? the hotel bar dosnt take cash so you need to put money on 1 room key (at reception) there is free WiFi is the reception area and you can pay to get it in your room along with air con.

the staff are great and will ring taxis etc if you dont want to walk down to the front, the cleaners are great n helpfull, yes there is noise at 7/8am when people are getting in but its ibiza and you wouldnt want anything less, the room doors have a shutter system on them so we jammed the door open when getting ready n met new people that way as obv had music on etc, security is quite good no pink band then your not getting into the hotel and the ibiza rocks reps are class sorted all our problems n tickets out Nicole, Jack (great banter), Greg, Nicola and Aimee remember the names as they will help you with what ever you need top top people!

All in all Ibiza opening partys got smashed and i will be going back again this summer!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rich A
Ryan H, Overseas Delivery Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Hi Rich

Appreciate the review.
You make a lot of positive points about the Hotel and the service we provide.

The noise in the Hotel at night is something that we try to combat by placing extra security guards on patrol from midnight to 8am. Since our Opening Party on 06/06/12 further security is now in place as we appreciate that in Ibiza people come home at all hours of the day whilst others prefer their sleep!

You finish by saying you'll be back to Ibiza this summer so hopefully we'll be seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just this moment arrived back to the rain in the UK but thought it a must to say how great the Hotel is. There was ten of us and very few had been to ibiza before. There were three reps in particular who were class but i can't remember their names, blonde scouse girl who helped us with our report after being robbed (totally my fault as i left the door wide open before falling asleep on the floor), brown haired blue/green eyes girl pool rep (think she is bantering my mate on Facebook, get in lad) and brown hair bloke entrance rep (helped out a mate with a problem). Music was excellent and shop outside to pick up bits is ideal.

Rooms are basic but not as bad as people make out, too be fair if they were any better they would be lost on you if you intend to get as messy as we did. They don't like you being too noisy late on when you arrive home but certainly there's plenty of banter being thrown around on the balconies before hand.

Sorry to end on a sour note but our only complaint is Lena (bar staff by the pool/rep), she is so rude. Stopped eating there after two days and ate at Wok (great food, defo worth a visit, also guy is sound)at the front. I'll describe her so no one has to come in contact with her, dyed blonde hair with ginger roots from scotland and a name badge that says Lena. Stay well clear.

Anyway adios!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Stuart C

Hi Stuart

Glad you got home safely. I remember your group as I assisted when the items were taken from your room. I'll make sure I pass your thanks onto the Host Team and let them know you enjoyed your stay with us.

The final comment you made about a member of our bar staff is very concerning and I can assure you that the matter will be taken further and the appropriate action taken.

Hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Everything about Ibiza rocks ROCKED!! From pool area to rooms and location was just what me and my friends had in mind. Our rooms were spotless and I didn't see anything wrong with anything. Staff were friendly and we just had a party weekend in a comfortable and fun hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Ryan H, Overseas Delivery Manager at Ibiza Rocks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Hi Daniel

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend at Ibiza Rocks Hotel.
We're always aiming to improve the service we provide to our customers so your comments are appreciated and will be passed onto the staff at the Hotel.

Hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Antoni de Portmany
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#9 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul

Been to Ibiza Rocks Hotel? Share your experiences!