“Great holiday in Ibiza. Hotel was ok.”
Review of Hotel Brisa

Hotel Brisa
hertfordshire
“Great holiday in Ibiza. Hotel was ok.”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

From the reviews had read I was not looking forward to my stay here as part of a group in August 2012. Loved Ibiza and the nightlife, just not some of the people who visit!

The room itself was basic but clean and ok. We had fresh towels everyday. We overlooked the street and could see a fair distance.

The location was good and we were a short walk from anything we needed.

We found the staff polite - but then we were polite to them! we did witness them getting abuse of others regularly.

It is a 18-30's hotel and as such could be very rowdy at times, but it is Ibiza. It just depends who you get as neighbours to your room really.

The area around the pool however was filthy. I don't blame the hotel, it started clean every morning. I don't understand why people can't just pick up after them selves... rubbish and spills all over the place.

All in all we had a great holiday, the hotel was basic but better than expected, but it was the other guests & their behaviour that let this place down. We all like to party & love Ibiza but we don't all feel the need to behave like animals.

Would I return to the Brisa - No. Ibiza - YES

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great wee hotel not far from anywhere.

Supermarket 5 mins. Chinese takeaway 10 mins. British pub 2 mins. Harbour 15 mins. 'The Strip' 10 mins. Cigarette vending machine 1 min. British chippie takeaway 8 mins. Bus station 10 mins.

Some say get a room overlooking the pool and I liked our room overlooking the street - better views and quieter.

We beat the mad season so it was reasonably quiet - drawback is that the staircase is not walled in so from the moment that people enter the hotel till they get to their room you can hear them if they are loud!

Staff were friendly. Breakfast was cheap and basic and plenty of it. Pool was very clean and very cold.

Would definitely recommend but choose your timing to suit your partying level wisely!

Room Tip: Sun on balcony street side till midday whereas there all afternoon on most of pool side rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Pay for what you get, Location is good... The rooms are very average if your wanting a sleep before pre drinking forget it haha, but this is ibiza! You can only bring people back if you pay 15euro... bars and clubs are all walking distance about 5 minutes from the top.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mattcooper91
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to Brisa for a week back in July 2012 with a group of girls aged 20-25 and we had nothing bad to say about the hotel!!
When we arrived for check-in our room wasn't ready yet but that waa fine a we just had a drink at the pool bar!
The rooms were pretty basic but clean and we had a maid in everyday to sweep and gove fresh towels.
The staff were very polite to us but I assume as long as you're polite to them that's what you will get back! They even called our taxis to the clubs whenever we needed them which was great!
The pool area was very lively and it made you foget all about your hangover!
I'm definitely booking this hotel again for August and I cant wait!!

Room Tip: We had a room facing a narrow side street which wasnt very good, try and get pool facing!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laurenx_13
Reviewed January 12, 2013

stayed there from july 2nd to july 16th in 2011 absolutly loved it!!! me and two of the girls loved being here the vibe was awesome and waking up to everyone having a good time by the pool and music playing. not one bad word to say about this place! would defo go back here!!! dont listen to all the reviews about it being bad and the staff being horrible its not true well not in our case anyway :) i turned 18 out there and the lovley bar men gave me a free cocktail in a jug with sparklers and an 18 badge couldnt fault them! best birthday i had by far! the food was cheap and tasty only too 700 euros for two weeks and it lasted! even went to all the big clubs! only a two minute walk from the west end strip. The only time we were upset and down was when my phone and my friends phone got stolen by the pool our fault really because the bar is for the outside public too and this was on the first week thank god it was a crappy phone lol. The receptionist helped us look on the cctv we did see the man who took our things but he was long gone by then she was lovely really helped and was english! just dont take your phones and money down by the pool!!! apart from that absolutly amazing!! x

• Stayed July 2012
London
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hi everyone,
this has taken a while to bloom (been at Brisa in Jun/Jul 2011!)
Let's stert with saying the Ibiza is NOT ONLY a prty place: the weather is pretty much always sweet and friendly, sun's hot but the breeze's never missing.... Hence great tan but no sweat and suffering!
The sea?? haha, let's not talk about THAT sea........ I COULD DREAM OF IT EACH AND EVERY NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!!!!
Then, u wanna analize the food? DELICIOUS!! seafod is always freshly caught, meats (dunno actually why exactly??) but never let me down - absolutely gorgeous!!
Moreover, the local people are lovely and friendly and warm and live!
The beaches and the landscapes are priceless, and the views are to take your breath away, and I could go on and oonnnn and oooonnnnnnn..........!!!!
Obviously when the darkness takes over Ibiza's nightlife, with its clubs and trends, offers some of the most appealing party-scenes in the world.... BUT YOU CAN'T JUST REDUCE IT ALL TO THAT!!!!!!!!!
In faireness guys,I love music as well as parties, but I think it's just a shame that a lovely, simple, homely place like this great hotel called BRISA gets eventually penalised by these gas-heads that if they don't drink to death and mess the place around they will never feel good enough!!
Our stay would have been faultlessly fantastic if we didn't have to swallow that "bitter seasoning" made of buggers that were smashing bottles on the floors at night, screaming and trying to enter our room (and who knows how many others') every 5 minutes!!!!
The hotel's staff is really something special I've got to say though: the lovely ladies in the morning, the funny guys in the evenings.... And those poor security-men on the night-shift... Bless them!!!
Sooo professional and patient, dunno how they cope with such drunken beasts without giving them a well-deserved lesson.....
Seriously "plagues" - go infest some other places - for instance your parents' house - and leave us enjoy the magic of this beautiful island and the convenience of such mini-paradises like the Brisa Hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was a bit worried about coming here with my friend for my first ever clubbing holiday, but I was certainly not disappointed by this hotel! I had to pay a security deposit on arrival of 50 euros so be prepared if this happens to you!

The hotel itself is not far from the main strip. It is a wee bit of a maze but once you find your way once it's straightforward enough.

Our bathroom and bins were cleaned/emptied several times during the week which was much better than I was expecting, the lady kept replacing the towels too!

The food prices were awesomely cheap, and there are many alcoholic drinks available for your choosing. There is also a reasonably sized supermarket not too far from the hotel if you fancy stocking up on water or other snacks.

Pool area was pleasant enough, never had trouble getting a bed (thought we went early in the season so perhaps it would be different at other times).

Breakfast is basic....provided your up on time for it!

Bar staff were very pleasant and always made me laugh with the way they announced that somebodies food was ready ("Tuuuuna baguette, a ring ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!" "Plate of chips, ping pong wooooo-ooooh!").

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a basic hotel to stay in whilst in Ibiza. Me and my friend loved it so much we're going back next year!

Room Tip: Pool view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends