“Massive surprise - best bargain in Ibiza”
Review of Fiesta Hotel Tanit

Fiesta Hotel Tanit
Cardiff
“Massive surprise - best bargain in Ibiza”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We booked this holiday lasts minute and really didn't know what to expect. For this price I expected very basic accommodation but I was pleasantly surprised.

Pools
One of the best thing about this hotel is the pools. There is a kids pool to keep them occupied, a main pool for games and an adult pool where children are not allowed - excellent!

Rooms
The rooms are very spacious and were cleaned every day. All of the rooms are adjoining with a locking door and so you can hear people next door, but this was not a problem for us. Being a family hotel, it was very quiet.

Entertainment
The entertainment really needs an open mind. The reps take care of most of it and ranges from hysterical to cringe worthy. However, the games throughout the day are really good fun and they cater for all ages.

The food was amongst the best I've ever had in an all inclusive resort. There is salad, meats and deserts as standard. Then every day there is a different theme which is presented on the hot tray and freshly prepared section. I would have like to have seen more Spanish food but we were there for a week and didn't get bored.

All inclusive
All local drinks are included and there are snacks throughout the breaks.

This was a fantastic break and I would recommend anyone go to this hotel. For what you get it is a bargain.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank iantimmy123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2010

The whole family enjoyed this hotel, food plenty of choice, whole hotel spotless clean, cleaners around most of the time, very helpful staff and so polite all through the hotel the bar staff, the reception, the reps and entertainment team were great and not too pushy to do the games etc. My daughters aged 9 & 8 joined the club and eldest played in pool a lot. About 20 min walk in to town but soon goes, all good excisions, and Ibiza town. Would book again in future. Well recommended. Rested well round main pool, need to get towels out early! No designated area for smoking outside so smoking around pool area on beds. Beach close by, and nice,area and sunset great from here.

1 Thank Blaggandib
grimsby
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We really enjoyed our week all inclusive at this hotel.
Check in was very efficient despite there being a full coach of guests to check in.
We were impressed with the two rooms we had, great view and very clean.
The food was good, the pool was good, we managed to get sunbeds at 9am every day we were there although the beds are crammed in a bit. I can't really think of anything negative to write. The staff work extremely hard.
I would like to add that despite my good review of the hotel, i am nothing like a guest on the Jeremy Kyle show and i didn't spend my week stuffing my guts and getting wasted on alcohol as one reviewer suggests! Having said that though, there was plenty of food available and never a queque at the bar should i have wanted to!!
There will always be a couple of people that only have negative comments, perhaps they chose the wrong kind of hotel? If you want 5* then don't book 3* (which is the official Tanit rating) and be disappointed!!
If you are looking for a week or two of sun with a good pool. plenty of activities should you wish to participate and good food then give the Tanit a go, you could do far worse!Despite what a couple of previous reviews suggest, the majority of families that go are normal, civilised people!
We would definitely return!

1 Thank cheesefaceGrimsby
yorkshire
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Tanit for a week on the 16th of August. We've had a brilliant time, and my daughter (8) cried her eyes out on leaving!!
Yes there are some aspects of the hotel that need a little tidy, however, this hotel does everything it says on the tin, and more.....
Location, yep, a little out of the way but a ten min walk or a short bus/water taxi will get you anywhere.
Food, one thing I will say, is WOW, brilliant choice, piping hot, lovely fresh salads, themed nights, always rice, pasta (try the pasta with garlic, its out of this world!) potatoes, yes there are always chips, however this a family hotel, and of there wasn't chips/burgers then there would be hell on! That doesn't detract from the fact that there is a massive choice of lovely dishes every day. No one makes you eat the burgers, and the guy cooking them was perfectly pleasant if you smiled and chatted.
Drinks, slushes for the kids, local beer, vodka, martini, brandy whisky, plus pepsi, 7up, as well as fizzy orange and lime, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water. Plus lots more, my lot loved the coffee liquor!!
Entertainment, its there, as previous reviews have said, however, the quiet pool is just that, go there if you dont want to join in! Aqua aerobics is fabulous for burning off the pasta!
Rooms, spotless and cleaned with fresh towels daily, we didnt have a problem with the noise, as the hotel is family orientated, most people took the kiddies and went to bed around 11 and the die hards crashed out about 12! Many a time we sat on the balcony and it was so peaceful at around midnight. However some people did say the walls are thin, my advice is speak to the reps, thats what they are there for.
Hotel public areas, some areas are tired, the lifts are old but safe and they are there to move you between floors, not to live in............ Carpets on the floors and stairs, I personally saw the maids cleaning and hoovering these every day, they are a little threadbare and worn, but I'm not surprised with the amount of people traffic!
Life guards are at the pool from 10am to 6pm everyday, and wow, they are great, I felt so safe with them.
I have stayed in hotels around the world, 5*s in Singapore, Australia, the Indian Ocean and America, does this compare? No, but for a damn good 3* all inclusive property for my family to relax and unwind in the summer holidays its Brilliant......................
Pay to come home early, Hell no..............Pay for another week, Sure Would!! But it was full, Says it all really!!!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Please don't listen to the ignorant reviews of others for this hotel. We have just returned from a 1 week stay at the Tanit and we had a wonderful time.
Our room was very spacious, with the best sea view i've ever had. Our balcony was over the kids pool, which was noisy but once the door was closed it was fine - it certainly didn't stop us or my 4 year old having a siesta every day!
The hotel was spotless and the maids were round every day, changing the sheets and towels. The hotel is spacious and air conditioned, which is just as well as it was over 30 degrees. Even the rooms were air conditioned which was very welcome.
We spent most of the time by the kids pool as the kids certainly needed to cool off and there were plenty of sun beds to go around, as well as umbrellas to give you some welcome shade.
There is one bar but it has two sides - one inside the hotel and one by the main pool. There was never a queue and the staff are both friendly and speedy.
The restaurant was great with a huge amount of choice. They even provided a Chinese and Mexican speciality nights during our stay, which was lovely. The food was constantly filled up again, so it never ran out.
The First Choice reps are fantastic and my 7 and 4 year old had a great time in the kids club. They work very hard and sometimes put on clubs 3 times a day. Once my kids went in there from 7.30pm to 9.30pm which was lovely as it gave us a chance to have a quiet meal without them.
The evening entertainment was okay, some of the shows were very amateur but the staff work so hard. In the morning they are doing pool aerobics, afternoon games and in the evening putting on shows. They are a very talented bunch who are worked very hard!
Having never been abroad during August before, i was a little worried that it might be far too busy. Yes, it was busy but there was plenty of space for everyone and would definatly recommend this hotel.

Leeds
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I (Male) stayed at the hotel along with my two children (Boy 8 and Girl 12) for 7 nights (16th - 22nd Aug) with a late(ish) departure on the 23rd Aug. My overall impression of the hotel is very good.
I was slightly concerned by the late(ish) departure as I didn't book a late checkout room and didn't fancy kicking around the hotel all day without access to all our gear. This was fine though as the checkout time of 12pm was manageable, there was a room provided where you could leave your cases and the hotel also provided a courtesy room (shower included) that you could use for 30 minutes between the hours of 4pm and 8pm.
The transfer from the airport takes about 30 minutes.

I struggle to understand the comments made by some people on the class levels of the guests. I can be fairly snobbish in that aspect but found the other guests to be an excellent mixture of people and certainly didn't feel like I was surrounded by lager swilling, chav stamped louts (like I was concerned about before I went!).

When I made the booking, the room was described as having a limited sea view. In my opinion the view of the sea was excellent and looked down on the little cove that you could access directly from the hotel. You also got a great view of the famous Ibiza sunset, although to fully experience it, I'd recommend walking down to the rocks by the beach.
The rooms were clean and spacious, comfortable beds, decent bathroom and excellent air conditioning. The maids came in and cleaned the rooms to a high standard every morning; they even went to the trouble of organising some of my mess!

The hotel corridors and lifts could have done with a bit of touching up, some more frequent and thorough cleaning but only a small negative. The main pool area could look a bit messy by the end of the day, nothing that couldn't be fixed by a few more diligent guests using the many bins that were provided.

The food was to a high standard with plenty of choice to keep everyone happy and it wasn't overly repetitive. The drinks available on the standard all inclusive package were perfectly good and didn't appear to watered down or real low grade alcohol. I particularly enjoyed the Tequila Sunrise cocktails and they certainly seemed to have plenty of kick!

The three pools were all excellent. We mainly used the main pool. There was only one day that we couldn't get sunbeds but if you wanted a poolside sunbed, I imagine you had to get up at about 8am to get your towels down! The sun umbrellas were limited and got snapped up pretty quickly too. Whether your kids were allowed in the 'adult only' pool or not seemed to be dependant on which lifeguard was on duty.

I thought the beach that you could access directly from the hotel was lovely and you could swim round the cove to find another smaller and equally nice little beach. The water was so warm and really clear with plenty of fish to spot.

I guess the hotel is slightly isolated but that suited me fine. There was a decent little supermarket about 50 yards from the hotel, the little chap who ran it, was really pleasant and helpful.
We used the boat (5 minutes walk from the hotel) to get to San Antonio, you could only do this throughout the day, it cost just over 5 Euros per person for a return ticket but was a lovely way to get there.

The entertainment team worked hard and were friendly. I’d say the evening entertainment could be a little bit hit or miss and certainly had the ‘cheese factor’! My main gripe was that the evening entertainment was held inside and in a room full of huge pillars so unless you got there really early, then you were either miles away from the stage or stuck with no view behind a pillar. I’d rather have seen it outside as who wants to sit inside sweating in a crammed room when you could be outside enjoying the gorgeously warm evenings?!
The entertainment team also had plenty of activities going on through the day, such as aqua aerobics, killer pool/darts, archery, football, water polo…..

The hotel reception desk were friendly and helpful, the restaurant staff were also good, apart from the fact that if you left your table unattended for anything more than 30 seconds whilst you went to get something else, you’d come back to find the table had been cleared and someone else was sitting there!
I found the bar staff to be a fairly miserable bunch apart from a couple of exceptions but there was never any huge long queues waiting for drinks.

All in all I thought it was a very good hotel, definitely worthy of its 3 star rating and I don’t see it being a million miles away from being able to achieve 4 star status.
I’d definitely recommend people to stay there and would certainly do so again myself.

• Stayed August 2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Wanted to give some objective views to those people contemplating booking this hotel.
I agree with a lot of what has been written by devon tour but disagree with the cleanliness.Room was acceptable with a fantastic view but you don't spend the week in the room.
I found the corridors etc very dirty and didn't look as if they had seen a hoover in months.
First glimpse of the neglect was when we got in the lift. Our son tripped on the ripped flooring not a good start.
We then checked out the pools which were a nightmare. At 2pm there was no sunbed to be had and there were as many people in the pools as around them, leaving a very dirty cloudy looking pool by 6pm not appealing at all.
Adult only pool was the best out of three but this was abused by some taking kids into it. When challenged by the pool attendant he tried to tell someone the age limit was 10, 11 or twelve. Didn't seems to know which led to some guests complaining which seemed fair comment.
Noise in every part of the hotel from morning to night. Just to many people and not enough space.
Food - Repetetive and basic, restaurant was more like a canteen with wet seats.
Hotel was quite isolated and not good enough to be self contained.It was just not for us but will suit those happy to maximise the all inclusive drinks and blot it all out.

1 Thank triedandtested45
Occidental Ibiza
Occidental Ibiza
#1 of 14 in Sant Josep de Sa Talaia
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza Rocks
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza R...
#10 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul
Fiesta Hotel Milord
Fiesta Hotel Milord
#12 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Fiesta Hotel Tanit? Share your experiences!