“couple in 50s”
Review of Hotel San Remo

Hotel San Remo
Reviewed July 27, 2014

just returned from a weeks holiday at the san remo,had a great time apart from my wife slipping on the wet floor outside the toilets in the bar area and badly bruising her ankle.The life guard was great putting ice and voltarol cream on it twice a day.The hotel is right on the beach on the bay opposite to san antonio town,theres a ferry outside hotel that takes you there for 2.50euro.the rooms were clean as was the rest of the hotel.Meal times were breakfast 8-10.30 lunch 1-2.30 dinner 7-9.30.The all inclusive bar 10am-23.00which included local spirits,beer,shots,sandwhiches,nuts,ice cream,hotdogs.you can also use the facilities at the neighbouring hotel the s'espanyol using your all inclusive wristband.the only downside was the safe hire cost which for a week was 28euros (only paid 10euros in benidorm 7wksago) we usually wear ear plugs on holiday. at night due to guests arriving during night etc so we slept well After saying that the staff were great and would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tony s
DIRECCION_SR_ES, Gerente at Hotel San Remo, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Tony,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review about the Hotel San Remo. However, we regret the inconvenience with ankle and we hope that you feel better now. I will pass your congratulations to Jose, the lifeguard, for taking care of you.

On the other hand and regarding about the noise, we have increased the security in order to provide a quieter and relaxer stay to our guests.

We are happy that you liked the locations, our restaurant and all-inclusive service as well as our helpful staff.

All of the hotel San Remo staff is happy to read that we exceeded your expectations with the hotel and the service received and that you enjoyed our location. We hope to see you soon.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Best option is all inclusive and the choice of food is excellent, the staff are very friendly, warm and helpful.

I spent a week in this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone.

The room are cleaned daily, there was a TV and balcony and decent size bathroom.

Stayed: June 2014
DIRECCION_SR_ES, Gerente at Hotel San Remo, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comment in Trip Advisor. We are very glad to read your favorable feedback about your stay with us. It is rewarding to receive complimentary comments like this, which motivates the whole team to improve day by day.

We are glad that you liked our restaurant buffet food, our helpful staff, the room equipment and the daily housekeeping service.

On behalf of the management and team, we hope to see you again in Sam Remo Club Hotel.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

was led to believe this was a less manic hotel in Ibiza, not the case, full of hen and stag parties, bar closed at 11pm, and made to leave by 12,ish, Excellent location, Staff where ok , didn't speak much English, food was ok for the 1st week, then became repetitive , drinks where expensive in and outside the hotel, the beach was awesome, and plenty of nice walks when the sun is going down, boat ferry was right on hand to get across the main strip, but take plenty of money as we paid 18 euros for 3 small bottles of coke !!! go to Donavans , the Irish bar across the road, that's a great place and great food, Looky Looky people are a pest and hassle you to buy, be firm and say NO and they soon give up, in my opinion this hotel is not suitable for children, families has to be moved when we was there, if you have transfers be aware they take longer than 20 minutes via the shared shuttle, took us about an hour with all the stops, better of to have a taxi, for 20 ish euros, hope this help anyone looking at this hotel, ideal for youngsters but as we are early 50s , we could have found somewhere a bit more relaxing....

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
1  Thank Luke K
DIRECCION_SR_ES, Gerente at Hotel San Remo, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time commenting about the Hotel San Remo.

We are sorry if you did not feel totally comfortable during your stay. Regarding to the hotel atmosphere, we are in an excellent location in San Antonio Bay, right next to the beach, where you can choose between clubbing and visiting some nice beaches. For this reason, the hotel has a young atmosphere. However, we have increased the security during the afternoons and nights to provide a quieter and pleasant stay. Nevertheless we take note about your comments which are our best help to improve our standards.

We are glad that you liked our staff, our locations and the nice beach next to the hotel. We hope to welcome you again in order that you can check our improvements.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Me and my wife went to the hotel for a week, the room was ok. I did ask for rooms on higher floor with sea view but got nothing first floor looking over car park thanks for that.
The room was was of the better ones we have stayed in, in ibiza, plenty of room and clean.
The hotel is all inclisive but i messed it up when booking and received room only, i asked to upgrade and they wanted another 1000GBP for the 5,only 2 over 18, the others were 13,15,16 so no drinking for them or somewhere near that. I stuck with the room only and never had 1 drink in the hotel. There was no entertainment on a night, the pool area was so small for the size of the hotel, we spent the week on the beach and couldnt get a seat round the pool anyway. Good thing was it was very close for the ferry into the town and cafe,s and watching the sun set.
I would go again to the hotel and to be honest enjoyed the room only. There were some nice restaurants and bars close by that werent that expensive.

Room Tip: rooms on pool side are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank pbell69

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comment in Trip Advisor.

We are glad that you spent a nice time in our facilities. However, we regret if we could not offer a room with sea views. It is very difficult to give rooms with sea views to all the guests during summer months.
On the other hand, we take note about your comments and feedbacks about your stay with us in order to improve day by day.

Finally, we are happy that you liked our perfect location in San Antonio Bay and right next to S’Estanyol beach.

On behalf of the management and team, we hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for our holiday. Me and my sister wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful and this completely fit the bill.

We went all inclusive and was by far the best all inclusive I've had. Food was good, staff were friendly, rooms were kept clean and good location.

The 'unlimited drinks' weren't much to brag about, the piña colada came from a machine but that's about all I can complain about. Oh the pool is he weirdest shaped pool ever but was kinda funny!

Definitely recommend and will be back soon!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Chloe0089
DIRECCION_SR_ES, Gerente at Hotel San Remo, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear guest,

I appreciate your time commenting about the hotel San Remo. We are happy that we achieved with your expectations.
We are glad that you liked our all-inclusive service, the food, our kindness staff and our housekeeping service. Moreover, we take note about your suggestions, it is a way to improve day by day.

I will pass your congratulations to our staff, who will be happy to receive you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I just returned from my 10 night stay with one of my friends at this hotel and I couldn't have had any more fun. I can't wait to come back here! Being two 18 year old girls we had an absolute blast! I would recommend this hotel to 18-30 year old as it is party mad, a lot of drunks (what do you expect it's Ibiza!!) If you don't want that Ibiza isn't the place full stop...

Location: Absolutely ideal. On the beach opposite there is a water taxi that takes you straight into the center of San Antonio that runs every 30 minutes for 2.50euro each, and takes about 10 minutes. There is a taxi rank right outside the hotel which was perfect for us. 6euro into San Antonio and 25euro into Ibiza Town. Or walking into San Antonio which was a 20/30 minute walk. Overall the location was great because there were a lot of bars near the hotel that play loud music all the time, and it is very lively, this is a party hotel. The one night I stayed in for a full night and slept was surprisingly painless, expect from a few drunks rolling into the hotel in the early hours. The other nights I was out til past 8AM the next morning.
The hotel is ideally located on a small beach. The pictures made it look a LOT smaller than real life, so i was pleasantly surprised. Sun loungers were nearly always available, and if they weren't there's a beach opposite which loads of room so who cares!! Hotel was chilled...Sleep in the sun all day and party at night!

Hotel: The hotel exceeded all of my expectations. It was very well kept and very clean. The hotel was slightly dated but this didn't bother us at all. Yes, people did notice cockroaches around but who actually cares?! I really didn't care and I had an amazing stay. Staff constantly clean your room, and the hotel lobby areas, so not NEARLY as bad as what I read on here!! Don't believe all the crap you read. Staff were lovely and very helpful and we had no bad encounters with them.

Food/Drink: All inclusive is the best option. Breakfast (8AM-10.30AM)included a variety of fruit, along with cereal and the typical English breakfast. Lunch (1PM-2.30PM) was varied, rice, pasta, a huge salad bar if you want to be healthy, different breads, curries, etc. Dinner (7PM-9PM) had different themes such as Mexican, Italian and was really nice. Pasta, pizza, rice, chicken, meatballs, tuna salads, etc. Food was overall really nice and the restaurant had a friendly Spanish man that welcomed you every time you walked in!
For all inclusive, the drinks included both soft and alcoholic. The bar was open until 11PM so everyone got their last free round in before hitting the water taxi's over to San Antonio. I thought the alcohol in the hotel would be watered down slightly, but believe me it isn't!! Very strong alcohol and they serve whatever you want.

Overall, for my first time in Ibiza I had an incredible time.. This is where every party person wants to be! I went to all of the huge clubs over there and I couldn't recommend it enough. I had the absolute time of my life and met some brilliant people.

People say Ibiza is expensive, compared to Magaluf, Kavos, Malia, etc, yes it is more pricey but you're paying for the absolute BEST nightlife in the world!! Small shops charge 3euro for a bottle of Vodka, and drinking out in small bars is VERY cheap (4 shots, litre of cocktail, a spirit mixer, and a Jaager Bomb for 9euro?!) It is only when you hit the huge clubs (Pacha, Ushuaia, Amnesia, Privilege etc) that a spirit mixer costs 15+euro and is really expensive. Ibiza can be cheap it's what you make of it! The all inclusive bar until 11PM helped a lot, didn't spend nearly as much money as we thought we would.

When I come back to Ibiza I will come back to this hotel. Good value for money and a lot of fun.
This hotel is great!! I would recommend this place to all of my friends and family, and any of you.

Room Tip: Try getting a sea view room on floor 3! Great view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank maddiexchapman
DIRECCION_SR_ES, Gerente at Hotel San Remo, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for your wide and kind review about the Hotel San Remo. Your opinion is very important and valuable for us.

Regarding the location, we are in an excellent area of the Island, in San Antonio Bay and right next to S’Estanyol beach. Like you have commented, San Remo has a good atmosphere overall of young people. However, we have also a mix of people of all ages: adults, young people and kids. Moreover, we have a security service during the afternoons and nights to maintain a calmer and quiet atmosphere.

Once again, thank you for the comments about our services: food, housekeeping, all inclusive service, among others.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just have to share this. I broke my foot in two places towards the end of my stay in San Remo, and I've received fantastic care from the hotel staff, especially from the life guard Jose, who was taking care of my foot and also keeping me company by telling stories of his travels to Thailand:D Not many people can speak english well if at all, but his is really good:)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
DIRECCION_SR_ES, Gerente at Hotel San Remo, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for your kind review about San Remo Hotel. We are very interested in the opinions of our guests to know what are our strengths and weaknesses.

It is good to know that we have a kind and helpful staff. I will pass your greetings and congratulations to our staff and especially to Jose, our lifeguard.

Once again, thank you very much for your comment and we hope to see you again in our facilities.

Best regards,

Alua Hawaii Ibiza
Alua Hawaii Ibiza
#5 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II
azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & ...
#33 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hotel Puchet
Hotel Puchet
#9 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Hotel San Remo? Share your experiences!