“Nice enough hotel, but security in hotel was worrying!”

Fiesta Hotel Milord
“Nice enough hotel, but security in hotel was worrying!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed in the hotel between the 6th-13th July on a half board basis. The hotel was nice enough, the pool area clean and entertainment around the pool in the day was fun! The food was nice, quite a choice each day! We mostly just had breakfast at the hotel but experienced dinner on two nights we were there! The hotel was in quite a good location for us, I went with my partner, we didn't go for a purely clubbers sort of holiday but we did do a few nights out so it was nice not to be right in the centre of San Antoni; the water taxi was right at the back of the hotel so it was good to be able to jump on this to go to San Antoni for just €3pp. There were quite a few families at this hotel and also several groups of clubbers, if I'd have gone with family I know they wouldnt have apreicated the music blasting at all hours as our neighbours were doing!
There is a big problem here with the security here!!!
We were luckily enough not to have any of our property stolen! Thankfully when it was happening a women walked over to the pool and said 'go and check your rooms!' The door was unlocked but the safe hadn't opened, when we spoke to reception they informated us that there was a powercut and the doors do come open when the power goes out but the safes were separate and should not; we didn't take any chances after this, having heard people valuables were taken even with a safe in the room, we hide some of our money in different places in the room! But this was no garentee for the rest of the stuff which was in there which was a really worry, we spoke to one girl who had all over clothes taken!! The power did go off again once more that night when we were in the room, but it didn't happen again for the rest of the hoilday!
Reception staff were mostly helpful however there was an older man who was very unhelpful and rude, we asked if we could pay extra for late check out as out flight wasn't until 10pm but mid sentence he cut me off and just said 'NO! None avaliable' As he didn't even bother to let me finish my sentence or check on the system, I asked again to someone else on reception and within a couple of minutes they had done it with no problems!
I would defanilty go back to this area but I'd choose a different hotel!

My favourite bits of Ibiza were:
Sa Capella restaurant, lovely food and such a pretty place, it's an old converted church building! It's quite expensive but well worth the money for a lovely romantic meal!

Cafe Mambo, such a chilled fun feel around the resturants and bars whilest watching the sunset! Lovely coxktails and cool music!

Privilege nightclub, we went on SupermarXte night, such good fun it's like a circus with the acrobats and dancers! Doesn't really get started until 1.30am though!

1 Thank Daniellemca
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Director General at Fiesta Hotel Milord, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
First of all, I would like to thank you for bring to our attention your experiences during your stay with us

About the security problem, we would like to inform you that from the very first moment, the hotel set up a special security operation and special attentions were given to guests who had been affected in order to make sure that these events do not occur again.

We are happy to hear that you found most of the aspects of the hotel to your satisfaction and we are sure that this will encourage you to return once again to our Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from the 3rd - 10th July 2013. My partner had stayed there last year and sang its praises so we decided we would go this year as a family. we went with my partner, his mum, dad, brother, niece and nephew along with my 2 year old son.

Upon arrival the hotel was as beautiful as I had been told it was, very clean and maintained very well and presented beautifully. We checked in and where helped too our room with our bags. We were lucky enough to be in block 2 and the view from our room was fantastic. The room was very clean, spacious and was cleaned daily. My son loved watching the boats from the balcony.

The pool area again, was very clean, there was a lifeguard on duty all day, the older guy was very laid back and let the kids have balls in the pool and was happy to watch children messing around and pushing each other in, which I think is a must on holiday. However the younger life guard was a bore, no balls, no pushing etc in fact I'm surprised he didn't say no swimming. There was a separate children's pool which was perfect height for my son. however it wasn't particularly safe around the big pool for toddlers. however there were two big pools and two childrens pools.

pool Bar - The pool bar was close to both pools and served snacks aswell as drinks, I personally found the staff there very pleasant and friendly, I think my partner came across a gentlemen who wasn't all that friendly once but agrees the rest were good. At times there were queues for drinks which dispersed pretty quickly.

The food - The food was good, always a freshly cooked meat, lamb, beef, chicken etc aswell as a different fish daily, cold meats, salads and pasta was plentiful. however some food was very samey, beef burgers and chips where on everyday. but all tasted very good. The restaurant staff were quick and efficient in clearing tables and resetting them, they were also very friendly always cooing over my little boy.

The Daytime entertainment - This was great, Fabio's Aqua gym was as funny to watch as it must of been to join in. There were 4 entertainers and each one made the team a great team. They did daytime activities such as darts, rifle shooting, the cocktail game and more.

The evening entertainment - I didn't see too much of this as we were out shopping or visiting san Antonio most evenings however gino's bingo was entertaining.

The location - The location of the hotel Is really good. There is a water taxi outside the hotel and for 3 euros pp it will take you across to san Antonio. it runs every half hour on the hour but it does get quite full due to it being quite well known. Just up the street there is a little touristy town with lots of souvenir shops, Theres handbag shops, tattoo parlour, bars and supermarkets. plenty for a nice stroll.

The only downside to the hotel was the way the staff handled the robbery on the Sunday. There were 3 rooms between our party and the only room with a safe was the one that had been robbed. However the robbers went past one of our rooms right to the end of corridor to the room with the safe, the room furthest away from all the exits. There was no announcement from the hotel that there had been a robbery and the reception staff didn't seem concerned what so ever. We found out through word of mouth, the power went out at lunch time which apparently gave the robbers access to all rooms and the safes just popped open. The long and short of it is the hotel need to step up security one way or another. there was thousands of £'s stolen from the hotel that day along with Iphones and Ipads a lot of it was from the safes that you had to pay almost 4 euros a day for. We also went all inclusive which at this resort doesn't actually mean all inclusive, u have to pay to hire the safe, the TV Remote, and pay for the wifi. You also have to pay to use the internet, for the ice creams, crisps from the pool bar and anything else extra u may probably want.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leanne1989_13
Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention.

We are happy to hear that you enjoy most of the Fiesta Hotel Milord services and facilities.

About the events that have taken place at the hotel, we would also like to inform you that from the very first moment, we set up a special security operation and special attentions were given to guests who had been affected in order to make sure that these events do not occur again.

Kind Regards.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I'm still unsure of how I feel about this hotel overall. It was honestly near faultless before the hotel was robbed. Food was great, location was fab, staff were friendly and spoke a variety of languages. Then the majority of the 9 floors in the part of the hotel we stayed at were robbed, along with the first floor of the other hotel. The doors of the hotel rooms were somehow unlocked (maybe something to do with the electrics) and the electric safes were somehow opened. A few rooms on each floor were stolen from (unluckily mine and my friends room were taken from, money, phone, ipods). Overall thousands worth must have been taken out of the hotel rooms and a lot of this was from SAFES. The hotel reception staff didn't even seem interested or very apologetic about what had happened. The rest of the staff (round the pool Gino was hilarious) were brilliant. But I definitely couldn't recommend this hotel after what happened.

Room Tip: DON'T lock anything in a SAFE if you are attempting to keep it 'SAFE'
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Danielle P
Dear guests,
First of all, Fiesta Hotel Milord would like to thank you most sincerely for the time you have taken to express your opinion to us.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the events that have taken place at the hotel.. As it should be, the alleged theft is currently being investigated by the Spanish police. We have been in full collaboration with them since the very beginning to make sure this situation is cleared up as soon as possible.
Even though we might not be able to fully alleviate the inconveniences caused, we would like to assure you that the hotel has taken the appropriate measurements with our insurance company to offer you a solution in a timely manner. We would also like to inform you that from the very first moment, the hotel set up a special security operation and special attentions were given to guests who had been affected in order to make sure that these events do not occur again.
We feel confident that these incidents will be solved by the police shortly.

On a lighter note, we were happy to hear that you found some aspects of the hotel to your satisfaction and we hope that this will
encourage you to return once again to our Palladium Resorts.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stopped at the milord for the 3 rd time at the start of the month first time all inclusive I would never do any other basis again great value for the extra cost hotel never disappoints always clean and staff friendly fabio gino Demi veronica put the life in to the hotel very professional without them the Hotel would be lost
Security needs to be looked at as others had things stolen out of rooms
Overall great
Thanks guys off for a king kongs finger

2 Thank Fishwaka
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Manager at Fiesta Hotel Milord, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion on the service and installations of our hotel.
We are going to tell to the entertainment staff about your congratulations. They do their best to satisfy our guests.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the situation that occurred during your stay.
We hope we can welcome you soon again.

Kind Regards,

Juan A. Ortiz
General Manager Fiesta Hotel Milord
Palladium Hotel Group
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My daughter and her group of friends have just returned from Fiesta Milord where 3 of them had their money, phones etc stolen from the safe in their along with other guests. I have known of four separate parties who have gone to this hotel at separate time and 3 groups of them had things stolen from room and safe. Management claimed they never had problems in the past LOL. It is disgusting that a group of young girls who all got safes on arrival were the targets. Management need to respond to the problem immediately as none of us as parents would ever recommend or book this hotel. Apparently there was a power cut which unlocked the safes. I would love to hear the response from the manager, it should be very interesting. If I were Thompson I would review using this hotel next year. Thompson Rep on site at hotel was excellent in helping out though so a big thank you to her. Think twice before booking this hotel as your belongings are not safe in your own room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank taffy015
Dear guests,
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the events that have taken place at the hotel. We certainly share in your concern. As it should be, the alleged theft is currently being investigated by the Spanish police. We have been in full collaboration with them since the very beginning to make sure this situation is cleared up as soon as possible.
We feel confident that these incidents will be solved by the police shortly. Our insurance company will contact you directly to keep you up-to-date with the results. Once again, please accept our apologies. We really hope this won't prevent you from visiting our wonderful island again.
Thanks for your understanding,
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great, good food very clean and not a bad location. But 4th day into our holiday after spending a day at the pool we returned to our room to discover the safe open and all our belonging and money gone. Went to reception to discover a number of other people in the same situation. Hotel management didn't want to deal with us. Within a short while our Reps turned up who were very good but because it was a Sunday the police would not come to see us so we had to make our own way to the police station with the little money we had left on our person. We learnt that 2/3 other hotels were robbed as well and informed it. was a professional job with possible inside information. Our problem with all that happened was the non interest of the hotel, leaving people with no money for the rest of there holiday. Appalling!!

3 Thank Ang30371
Dear guests,
We feel confident that these incidents will be solved by the police shortly.
We really hope this won't prevent you from visiting our wonderful island again.

Juan A. Ortiz.
General Manager Fiesta Hotel Milord.
Palladium Hotel Group.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed her from the 1st july to 9th everything was great the hotel is lovely and clean, food fantastic,entertainment ok (Ginos hilarious) sunday we were woken by the electric clicking on and off continually. thought nothing of it and went for breakfast. we came back and the safe was wide open when i entered the room and things took. I told the hotel staff who was not in the slightest interested even when another couple came to say they had too. I realised it was proberbly still going on so went around the pools telling everyone to go and check there rooms as they were being robbed. I dont think the staff were too impressed when 100+ people streamed back into the hotel and many had been robbed the electric sorted itself out for a few hours too conviently. Also earlier in the morning my door had opened (no knock) and shut again without saying anything, I asked around and it had happened to many people Quite scary aas I was travelling alone with my daughter Realy feel like the staff were involved as no one went to look what was goin on or even looked shocked 25 plus rooms had been robbed the police were just as useless and you had to find the police station yourself as the reps didnt or wouldnt do anything couldnt even pass information on like u need ur passport to make a statement really a shame cause the hotel was great but im sure mine and many other holidays were ruined due to this DO NOT TAKE VALUABLES AS THE DOORS AND SAFES CAN BE BYPASSED

Room Tip: Do not get near a room near a lift of fire exit These were the ones which were robbed
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza
#5 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza Rocks
Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza R...
#10 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul
Hotel San Remo
Hotel San Remo
#14 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Occidental Ibiza
Occidental Ibiza
#2 of 14 in Sant Josep de Sa Talaia

Been to Fiesta Hotel Milord? Share your experiences!