“Great Hotel!”

Fiesta Hotel Milord
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This hotel was brilliant for the price we paid for an all inclusive week in Ibiza. It was rated 3/4 star and was well worth it! The food in the restaurant was very varied and good quality, none of our group of 6 had any issues eating there. The pool and pool area was very clean and tidy as was the rooms, very high standard!

We had a few niggling issues with the hotel, nothing that really impacted our hoilday, just slight annoyances, otherwise this hotel would have been 5 star!

The lifts were tempremental and quite abrupt.

There was a night during our holiday where there was a fight in the lobby (not the hotels fault). Although the hotel security did try and end the fight the police had to be called. Again this was not the hotels fault but as the fight was not resolved quickly in had an effect on the atmosphere.

The all inclusive we had only included certain drinks and 'snacks' at the bar. This is standard of most all inclusive deals. However the main annoyance with the bar was that they only allowed us to take 2 drinks (including soft drinks) at any time. This was such an inconvience as it was 3 couples that were on holiday and were wanting to get drinks for their partners at the same time as themselves. It further annoyed us when we saw the bar staff allowing older individuals to take bottles of wine back to their tables but wouldnt let us do it. This was also the case for the snacks (where we were only allowed 1 at a time) that were included in the all inclusive deal with one of the bar staff stating that once we had finished that we could come back as many times as we wanted but could just take two at a times. A bit petty if you as me. And pointless as you could still drink as much as you wanted but had to go back n forth to the bar all the time. I also asked ask to for a cocktail in a pint glass with lots of ice as she says she couldnt give me it as others would want it too or assume I was getting more (even allthough I could go back and get as many as I wanted). I do understand why all these rules were there but as I had paid for all inclusive the restrictions made us all feel a bit annoyed.

Despite these annoyances this was a great hotel and I would return again either on a group holiday, as a couple or when I have a family as the hotel catered for all different needs and should be commended for this.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We have just returned from a 1 week stay at the Milord with 2 young children aged 6 & 2. It was fantastic & I cant understand where the negative reviews are coming from its as if the reviews are for a different hotel. We have stayed here before but always earlier in the Summer season when its quieter and having read some of the reviews before we went I was seriously concerned as to what it would be like but I have to say these concerns were totally unfounded. The hotel is lovely and clean in all areas, the bedrooms have a maid service with fresh towels daily and we didn't experiance any late night banging of doors or noise as reported in previous reviews. The food is really nice and tasty, all meals are nice and hot and constantly replaced with fresh dishes even if the previous isn't finished. At dinner time there is always fresh fish, salads, meats & cheeses, local dishes, cooked meats aswell as pastas & pizzas. The terrace area at the end of the main dining room is a lovely place to sit and eat looking out over the sea and its far quieter than the main part. The entertainers work so hard both during the day and at night to keep everyone entertained, the children love the mini disco and whilst the evening show isn't the Royal Variety performance its still fun and perfectly fine I cant understand the grumbles about it if you dont want family fun entertainment dont book to go to a hotel designed for families. Overall this is a great 3* family hotel, that we would recommend to anyone. We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to go back :-)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank momzillas
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We found this to be a great hotel, we holiday 3 times a year and like to provide honest, realistic feedback.

Firstly - would not recommend for those who want to go clubbing or plan to make a noise in the hotel - this is a family friendly hotel. Plus you will need to taxi/bus it into San Antonio for the clubs.

The hotel had a wide range of guests there from groups of families to pensioners. We didnt witness anything untoward, but then if we had, we would have complained!

Secondly - remember that you are staying at an all inclusive hotel - so yes the food will become 'samey' after a week, it's extremely difficult to cater for mass Europeans! We did not struggle finding something different to eat each day/night. Do not have T&C facilities in the room, but you can hire a kettle, plus breakfast starts from 8am so you can get t&c from 8am to midnight.

Bar is quite expensive if you're not all inc. Burger/hot dog/toastie available for snacks for all inc customers until 6pm.

Location - good for families, pubs, restaurants, childrens entertainment places within walking distance. Quiet for clubbers! Water taxi is 2.50 euro over to San Antonio and runs until midnight.

Small beach outside the hotel - not sure what the previous feedback meant, surely they didnt expect the sea water to be cleaned by the hotel staff......yes you can swim in the water and yes there is sand....

Staff - excellent service and friendly. The entertainment staff try really hard to please everyone and that must be hard to do given the age ranges and nationalities. Fabio, Dana, Martin and John were great, friendly and fun entertainers. Not Broadway, but fun. You get back what you give, you smile, you talk, the staff will do so in return. We did not experience any rudeness and were impressed with the staff who can speak 4/5 languages quite fluently.

Clean - OMG never been to a hotel that was so clean. You will see staff cleaning constantly. Rooms cleaned daily.

Sunbeds - not put out until around 8.30 am. Sufficient around the pool, we didnt put our towel down until around 10am each day and managed to get 2 beds. The English are the worst for towels, we witnessed the same people in the same spot on a daily basis, they used to stand there from 8am waiting.......not my idea of a holiday, each to their own, but certainly do not blame the Germans!

We would recommend this hotel, clean, friendly, large variety of food, good location.
I hope you find my feedback valuable.

Room Tip: Pool or sea facing.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank GirlsGang
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I had read some mixed reviews about this hotel but overall I would say that the mainly good reviews reflect this great hotel. I went on holiday with two of my friends, all 25 yr olds, and I would say that this hotel balances the mix of young, family and couples nicely.
The only downside was that our room was facing the road at the back of the hotel, however these things can't be helped but a pool/sea view would have really topped off the hotel experience.

The rooms aren’t the biggest, the bathrooms are big though and more than make up for small bedrooms space, however our three beds fitted in nicely and we had plenty of room to all get ready, and with three girls, that's no mean feat! I know some people are complaining about room facilities like tea and coffee, but if you want amenities, then you really should go self catering, as all you need is provided in the restaurant and bar during the day, and for all the time you really spend in your room. Cleaning service is brilliant, clean towels/sheets every day.

We could always get a lounger when we went down about 9am, before breakfast, which I think is brilliant, they don’t put them out till about 8am so everyone has a chance to get one, we were never without a lounger, I can't understand why some people couldn’t get them especially when we were there at the end of July, even in the afternoon there were often free loungers.

The food was great as well, cooked really well, loads of choice and really fresh, and I am a bit paranoid about eating abroad so take it from me, the food is prepared and cooked really well, regularly refreshed as well. We went out a couple of nights for dinner but only for a wee change, I couldn't fault the food.

I have also heard a lot on here about the bar staff and to be honest I thought they were all really nice, pleasant and made sure everyone got served quickly, you were never waiting long for a drink. The reps were good too and available on site for most of the day. Entertainment was more aimed for the younger kids/families, but we still has a good laugh at Fabio doing aqua gym during the day and we would sit for a while at the night entertainment before we went out. Water taxi is brilliant too! Oh and about the thin walls and noise, we found security were great at night , we even got into trouble once for banging to loud on the door, so they do their best at night to keep the noise a minimum and you feel quite safe.

Overall a great hotel, lovely setting and all inclusive food and drink was brilliant. We weren't that taken with San Antonio but we would return to San Antonio Bay and the Milord, the pubs at the bay are good too, still managed to have a few wild nights out there too, but it isn’t as full on as San Antonio.

Hope this helps some of you going to the Milord, I’m sure you will love it.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a pool view if you can, as you will also get a great view of the sea!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gillian D
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I got dropped off at this god forsaken place at 3 in the morning...only to stand in a queue of 8 couples to be checked in by one receptionist, we stood for a good 30 minutes, when we finally got to the room we were greeted by 2 of the smallest single beds I've ever seen in my life and not even a kettle to have a cup of tea!!! My husband is 6ft 5 and I always book double beds for that simple reason, so we went and asked to be moved and basically were told 'not tonight maybe in the morning', we went back up and tried to sleep but the connecting door between rooms was so thin we could hear the boys next door throwing up!!!! We were given a different room next morning but only with a fight......so that was the start of our holiday and believe me it went from bad to worse, all I can say is don't expect too much if you book this hotel because that's exactly what you'll get....very basic, no tea making facilities in the room and you have to pay for anything you order from the bar after 12am (which closes at 1am anyway), your told what to do and when to do it by the staff all the time who are quite rude and if your one of the lucky ones to get a bed around the pool then the entertainment will bore you stupid, the food was just 'so' with very little variety and seemed to be a mismatch of things...this is not a hotel for couples it is for families at best.....I would also like to point out that the beach is not a beach as such and is very dirty as it is where the ferry comes in and out for San Antonio so if you like to swim in the sea go somewhere else.....Over all not a good experience at all, we will not be going back and I've a habit for going back to places I like but this will definately not be on my list for future visits....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrisnad69
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Just returned from this hotel. Lovely location and very clean. The Staff work all day to ensure the cleanliness of this hotel maintaining it throughout the day. Briliant Hotel and food was good... always something there to eat. Catered for everyone's needs. Location good spot with a few bars at top of road. We found a lovely ne near the end called The Smugglers Rest, food great there and prices not too bad. Some bars can be a little expensive. The hotel bar is rather expensive so we didnt drink there as much. Had two Jack Daniels the last night and it cost us 18 euros. Thought that was a wee bit steep. We went half board and this suited us as you could choose to eat at lunch or at night time. Just book the day before if you want lunch instead of dinner. Our Thomson Reps were superb with the kids and adults keeping them entertained all day and night... they worked hard to keep all happy. All in all great for kids and families. Do the water taxi over the bay to San Antonio and walk back having a good old pub crawl along the way.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank stevie-lizzie
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Well the hotel is fantastic, in a great location and good for children (we had 2 aged 12 and 7) The hotel in itself is spotless and right on the beach, although I must say I have been to better beaches but it was ok for the kids to paddle in. It is a 3 minute walk up to the main stretch where u will find shops and plenty for the kids to do such as bungee's for the smaller ones and there is even a bowling alley for 4 euros per person, bars with bucking bronchos, trampolines, air hockey, pool tables. The room we stayed in was massive and on the top floor of block 2 with lovely views. We stayed half board so it gave us opportunity to have a look around rather than being stuck at the hotel with the entertainment (which looked ok) but to be honest we went out every night and day to the local bars. The pools (2) are spotless and are checked every hours by staff and freezing,lol but nice when your boiling hot. Drinks at the bar are quite pricey at 2.50 euro for a spanish measure pint and 1.80 euro for a small coke, so we went to the shop round the corner to buy drinks and bring them back to the beach, the bar staff are quite willing to give you empty plastic glasses filled with ice if you need them. The walk round to the west end in san antonio bay is about 40 minutes and there are bars and shops all the way along, but took us about 2 hours as we kept stopping for drinks and shopping. You can get a taxi boat from the hotel across to san antonio for 2 euro 50 cents and the kids loved this, pedloes are available for hire fromt he beach outside for 20 euros for a hour also are jet skis for 50 euro for 20 minutes (1 person) or 60 euro for 2 people. Jamaican bar on beach but there are no prices and cost me 9 euros for each cocktail so ask before u buy. There are plenty of buy 1 get 1 free offers at the local bars our favorite bars were mar i pins where there is free wifi and casablanca where u had a quiz, bingo then entertainment every night cocktails were 5 euros and it was buy 1 get 1 free and has the sparklers and everything in them.

We went for 2 weeks but to be honest could of done with going for longer as there was so much to see and do we just didnt have time to do it all, we got buses to Evissa (ibiza town) which was lovely but very hot and there.

We had a fantastic time and really didnt want to come home the kids loved it and i cant see how the hotel gets bad reviews as we are thinking of returning next year (and we never go to the same place twice) The food was fantastic and was english brands, breakfast was great even had hp sauce.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
#19 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Marvell Club Hotel & Apartaments
Marvell Club Hotel & Apartaments
#7 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Fiesta Hotel Milord? Share your experiences!