Having stayed at the Marvell hotel between the dates of 27th July – 3rd August 2013 with my wife, daughter (aged 14) and son (aged 5).
This is our opinion of hotel and our stay.
Overall the hotel is exactly what it says on the tin………..3 star,
We stayed in a basic one bedroom apartment with a sea view, this room consisted of a living area with kitchenette, table and bed settee, bedroom with 2 single beds and a bathroom with a 4 piece suite.
We found it easier to push the single beds together and move the ‘camp bed’ into the bedroom; this meant we could get up and without disturbing the children.
Our room was cleaned and tidied daily and there were fresh towels each day.
The hotel itself had two bars, one in the main part of the hotel and a pool bar. Both bars were well stocked with various spirits/soft drinks/beer. There were ice lollies available all day from the freezers by both bars.
There was wi-fi available in the lobby area only; this was 2 euros for 1 hour.
The pool area
There is a large main pool and small children’s pool, the main pool is pretty deep throughout (2.3m at the deep end and 1.5m at the shallow end), there is a ledge running down either side which enables adults/teenagers to stand up. This was of no real concern to us as daughter is a good swimmer and our son can swim well and tread water with out armbands.
The small pool is approx 60cm deep.
Other people have mentioned the sunbed situation, the pool area did not open until 9.00am so no sunbeds could be reserved before then. People started queuing at approx 8:30am and a mad rush ensued when the 9.00am came…………..we found it pretty funny watching middle aged men and woman running down the stairs and along the pool side to try and get the sunbeds they wanted.
We found that there were generally sunbeds available at most times during the day although these might not have been in the area that people wanted them.
The pool area would probably benefit from another 10 or so umbrellas.
Lets be honest is there really a fair way at any hotel to reserved sunbeds?
If we wanted to be really picky then the only area we would criticise would be the buffet restaurant, the selection was not great although there was plenty of what was there. Again being picky at breakfast we found the bacon was pretty greasy and the fried eggs often had solid yolks.
The restaurant was really clean and staff worked there socks off ensuring tables were cleaned really quick.
The Al a Carte restaurant attached to the hotel was excellent, there is a selection a approx 6 starters, 6 mains and 4 deserts I think.
This needs to be booked as soon as you get there as it gets booked up really quick, we arrived on a Saturday and there was no availability for any evening until the following Saturday evening, we ended up going on a dinner time for which there was plenty of avalbility.
Overall our opinion is that this is a good 3* hotel, we enjoyed our stayed but would probably not return but this is only because we prefer 4+ star - 5 star hotels, this year we made an exception due to other financial commitments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel serviced apartments in Ibiza. Completely refurbished and located on the seafront, overlooking the Bay of San Antonio, Marvell Club Hotel & Apartments offers all the advantages and independence of summering in your own apartment, plus the convenience of having excellent hotel services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marvell Club Hotel & Apartaments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marvell Complex Hotel Sant Antoni De Portmany
- Apartments Marvell Ibiza
- Marvell Ibiza
- Marvell Club Hotel & Apartaments Ibiza, Spain