“Ses savines apartments”

Ses Sevines
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Ses savines apartments”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and me went on a last minute holiday in oct and stayed at these apartments,where it is situated is abs beautiful and is literally about 30ft from the beach,the apartment itself was very clean with excellent maid service but the decor etc was in need of a makeover,basic amenities,microwave came in very handy as the 2 ring cooker didn't heat up enough to cook on it! Lovely big bath and great shower,clean towels were given every day,the staff were pleasant and the general areas of the hotel were clean also,we had the option of using the hotel facilities next door(bigger pool etc)though we did go at the end of the season so things were winding down,there is an English supermarket very nearby,but,very expensive,we found a lidl so we took an empty suitcase there and shopped! Got a taxi back which was very reasonable! These apartments were just big enough for two people,three would def be a crowd! Downsides which annoyed us were that you had to rent a kettle,which,in a self catering holiday,I thought,should be included! Remote control to telly was for hire too,san Antonio bay is really beautiful and all on the level,but if I was to return I would opt for a hotel and all inclusive or half board!

Room Tip: Ask for front sea view,the sunset is amazing!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SueA123

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in August 2012 for 7 days. The hotel was quite dated, the rooms didnt really have anything modern in them the tv was probably as old as me. There was no air conditioning - which resulted in you sweating as soon as you've stepped out the shower! Pokey little bathroom aswell so you couldn't really move around much in there. The beds were wooden and crooked and the mattresses were uncomfortable. The staff were pleasant, there were alot of families in the hotel who literally took over the pool area every day - bearing in mind the pool area is small too. Never a free sun lounger as people put their towels in them from the crack of dawn and stayed there until sunset. The first time we were able to spend time by the pool was on our last day. The location of the hotel was good for arriving back after nights out but other than that I wasn't too impressed, and I don't even think it was worth what I paid. I wouldn't stay there again. Not at all.

• Stayed August 2012
hertfordshire
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Myself and 2 friends stayed in Ses Savines in July 2012, we had a triple room, which was clean and a standard size. What really won me over was our view, we had a good sized baloney with the most incredible sea view where we watched the sun set every night whilst getting ready for the night ahead.

We were half board so had breakfast each morning, which was lovely. My only issue was that it stopped a bit too early, so we had to set our alarms to be up in time.

We also had dinner at the hotel, which had a salad bar and a choice of main dishes (which I wasn’t too keen on) the desert and fruit selection was great!

We would often have a few drinks at the bar before heading out, lovely bar staff and cocktails were reasonable priced!

The hotel is right on the beach, and about a 5 min walk to Linekers (to give you some idea)

The hotel is very chilled, and families do stay here so if you’re looking for a young party hotel do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is perfect! I went with 5 of my friends and we had two studios with 3 of us per room. We were given studios next to each other which was another plus as we could nip back and forth from each others room. The rooms had 3 beds, a kitchenette and the fridge was great! Safety deposit box's are available at a little extra cost but it ensures nothing gets stolen from your room. That said we all felt very safe here and most of the time I would forget to put my money, phone and camera in the safe but when I came back they were still there. The staff were extremely friendly and I was also pleased the balaconys arent attached to others meaning no one unexpected could climb over or break in which I know happened to other friends in other accommodation. The location is right on the beach and only a 5-10 minute walk from the westend, not too long and it didnt seem long walking along the beach front with everything going on. The air con was TOO GOOD! we would come into our rooms and sometimes it would be freezing but it was great because its so hot outside that is was exactly what we needed. The food at the hotel was very good too and the prices were reasonable. I would recommend this hotel/apartments to anyone as they are safe, secure and just what you want.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank lauren b
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

i went on a girls holiday with my friend in the summer, we PAID extra with thomas cook for aircon, and when we arrived to our excuse of a room, there was none! the room was absolutely tiny, no room to move as a wooden shoe stand type thing was next to the beds, the beds also had hard wooden stands at the end so i ended up with loads of bruises on my legs as the room was so small you couldnt help occasionaly knocking your shin on them. the lighting in the room was very poor (which made it hard to apply make up and do your hair of an evening) unless you had the balcony door open, not something we done as we had a group of northern lads above us spitting and chucking fag butts and beer cans on our balcony. This also meant we couldnt relax or let our towels dry out on balcony! When we told hotel staff, they said it was up to the reps to discuss with the people. We were then moved to a larger room on upper floor after four days of hell as our rep finally pulled his finger out and done something about it. this room i have to admit you could not fault! however the food was appaling. we might aswell of gone self catering! it was pretty much the same every night, luke warm and slop like, prison food is probably of a better standard. the cheese was curling at edges as it was under lights to be kept warm. the most we had of a night was a few soggy chips and salad and ended up in the local kfc! i wasnt expecting a 5* feast but i was expecting a variety of edible food each night! would not recommend at all to anyone, the hotel swimming pool is very small too and everyone leaves towels on sunbeds from about 7am! also very expensive unless you go all inclusive/half board the bottled water was 2.50 a small bottle!

Room Tip: top floor rooms with high numbers are big with A/C
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank emxoxo186338
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is situated right on the beachfront, with some great little chill out bars and the infamous Linekers just minutes away. Noise is not really an issue, even with them so close. The main nightlife is about a 15-20 minute easy walk away although there are a lot of bars along the way.
The hotel staff are very friendly, and always welcome you with a smile. General cleanliness of the hotel is to a good standard, and this is also throughout the rooms. We found the bedrooms quite basic, although this was not a bad thing, there are some things they could update. The beds were okay as was the bathroom. There is no A/C but generally you could leave the balcony doors open with the shutters across and there was enough breeze to keep you cool. Again, noise wasn't an issue for us.
We stayed Half Board, breakfast was quite early and we only managed it one morning. The food was average but they had choice of hot and cold food. Dinner was better then breakfast, with a lot more choice and something different every night, and at a good time.
There are two pools, both outside, which are quite small with not a lot of sun loungers. However if you are staying at this hotel you can have full use of the Arenal hotel pools, which include a bigger outdoor pool and warm indoor pool.
For a cheaper hotel in Ibiza, this is definitely a good choice.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natasha R
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed with 2 friends we're all 20, I was didn't know anything about hotel til I got there and I was pretty impressed cos i was expecting something from inbetweeners movie ha! got there late at night, we was first to get dropped off off coach from airport so we had plenty of time to get ready and go out.. checked in easy enough. Explained about safes etc.. we stayed half board for week..

Food/drink: you had set times for food like in morning I think you had to have breakfast before 10, which was a bummer if you was hungover and couldn't crawl out of bed. Is worth just going down and grabbing loads though, and you can eat outside in morning so that was nice! **you didn't have to pay for drinks during breakfast. Dinner wasn't included in Haldane board even though most of the time we was full from breakfast, but there was a shop like 2 min walk on the prom/beach path thing right of the hotel next door to the conveniently placed kfc ha. Tea time was at 6 I think, everyday they had a different variety of foods so it was brill. ** you had to pay for drinks though at tea time. The staff was so nice and helpful. Especially the bar staff, they was a laugh, they was Spanish waiters but not creepy ones and spoke good English! Only thing I could say is beer prices like cocktails are pretty dear, like €20 for big big jug, however they are vary generous with their portions haha. They do sell water aswel at bar, and they have snack food hot/cold available during day when they aren't serving food.

Pool: if you want a sunbed, go down early and put your towel down ha! When we stayed apparently if you put your towel down even if you didn't come for few hours it was still yours. There was a few kids about but it wasn't like a zoo. Where the hotel is its actually the quite end of bay where it curls round. The other end towards mambos it gets busy. That's where you get PESTERED by promoters every 10 seconds about what ya doin that day/night. But if you go on bit of beach right infront of ya hotel it's perfect. No one bothers you and it's no way near as busy. There's little shower things aswel as you come off beach right next to hotel.

Rooms: there's lift that worked perfectly, wide set of stairs. our room wasn't air conditioned, we slept with door open every night, and bathroom window. It was incredibly hot. Half way through the week I rented a free standing fan, I think that was €15. The rooms got cleaned everyday. Bedding changed, new towels (we got 2 towels each, 3 big 3 small, then loads of little ones by sink) toilet roll was always there, think there was even little shampoo stuff ha. If there was any stuff on bed the maid would just put it with all the other stuff, nothing went missing, although we did purchase a safe which I can't remember how much it was, but wasn't too much between us all. Definitely no more than €30, it's already in your room they just give you a key. The safe was in a big cupboard where we hung some clothes and suitcases, suitcase could also fit under bed if you wanted. The maid wouldn't clean yor room if you left do not disturb sign on door. Beds were comfy enough, you got two plump pillows, plug sockets you would need your own adapters. We coped with plug sockets as I didn't use my phone and lost my camera. The other two girls used plug sockets by beds, another one by telly (telly didn't work btw but we wasn't bothered), there was plug in bathroom too. Bins was always changed. we had balcony but it was rear view, so all we saw was the trees and mini golf course. Some people we met in hotel had different kind of rooms, some had air conditioning, some had a big balcony. But think it depends how many of you there is. It was quiet at night when ever we was there, baring in mind it was around 4/5 in morning. But even before we left around 11 you couldn't hear anyone outside being loud. However toward end of our week, some lads moved in opposite us, we only knew as they had music on really loud we thought it was outside ha! Obviously it was during day, so no one cared, plus they was dead friendly and we had drinking games with them one night hahaha!

We didn't meet our rep when we got there, we didn't get out of bed. I suggest you do just incase it reassures you, we managed fine gettin tickets and finding places either way. There's few bars as you go onto beach right from hotel (not main entrance), one of them is space bar, keep walking you've got Ibiza rocks bar/food, there's loads. On starting off place I recommend is next to a set of kids swings next to kfc, forgot what it's called, but they do good deals if you speak to one of the promoters like 5 drinks for €10, and it's free in. Most the bars along beach was free in. If you keep going you'll come towards the little town bit, it's after you've gone past busy end of beach, all water sport activities. And the town is literally only 15 min walk. There's loads of cafes outside! And there's loads of little shops up alley ways which are cute forlittle bits, or club wear vests etc. Plus it's actually where most people go at night if they don't go to the big night clubs, and no word of a lie, it's cheap!!! You get told Ibiza is expensive, yes it is in the super clubs, like €15-30 for vodka mixers,€8/10 for water, but in these little clubs bars, it's so cheap, you get promoters that sort you some top deals aswel, we payed 10 for 2 sex on beaches, 4 double vodka mixers, 2 aftershocks shots and that's EACH, and they got us a bottle vodka to share ha! We did some water sports, like banana thing, some massive bed thing where you hold of for dear life, and they are amazing til you fall in haha, gob full of salt water. And it wasn't pleasant for me as I burn easy and it took a while to get home so I burnt and we was of different part of the island (cos they have to go further out to do the sports) so we had to get little boat back to bay, which was like every half hour, and there was no little normal water showers to wash it off. However, other girls don't mind cos they didn't fall in so they was just tanning it up! Also it was where the famous reggae bar was, it was so cool mad nice vibe, pretty busy cos it's only a littlebeach, but there was also little baby fish in some parts of the sea there too that was cool. The staff doin water sports was a laugh too, one woman was from England which was easier.

Club tickets If ya do t get them off your rep, I'd go to a well known bar like the space bar, or the promoters that work outside the little bars, at least you know they are trusted. Most bars sell tickets anyways. I never bought any off people on beach though didn't want to risk it.
Club tickets were around 30-70 depending on the night, zoo project was cheapest to things like David uetta being the steeper end.

I Spent around 700 quid, although I would like to have done more if I had the time. Parasailing was around 70 euro. Trips on boats were like 30, which was good. We never went on boat party's cos they ques was ridiculous.

ATMS was always near by.
We had early check out but our flight wasn't til evening so literally 40 odd suitcases in lobby hanging around, so I'd buy a little lock if I was you :) even though I felt very safe at hotel! Hope to go back 2013, hope this helps.

• Stayed July 2012