“Best hotel in San Antonio”
Review of Hotel Gran Sol

Hotel Gran Sol
“Best hotel in San Antonio”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

So happy with this hotel. Away from the main hustle and bustle, but close to cafe mambo I loved our stay in this hotel. Friendly service from bar/restaurant staff, maids cleaned rooms to a high standard. Relaxed atmosphere, you can't ask any more from a hotel. 10 out of 10. I look forward to my next stay with you :D

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Sydney
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Clean modern rooms
Large breakfast selection but not great quality
Pool and games (pool and pimg pomg table) area plus bar were fantastic
Good wifi
Good location walking distance to water, restaueants, shops and sunset
Staff were very helpful
Gym and laundromat nearby

• Stayed August 2013
Edinburgh
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just back from my third visit.

This is my favourite hotel in the world for value and the friendliness of all the staff and they did not disappoint this year.

New flat screen TV's in the room, a funky new reception area and the whole hotel rewired. Every year they spend money on upgrading the hotel and I believe this year they are upgrading the boilers.

This is not a hotel for big groups and stags etc, but perfect for couples or small groups who want to chill beside the pool during the day after a night out clubbing. Also great cocktails and good food for a snack at lunch.

Thanks to all the staff again for looking after us, especially Jose and Pepe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DirkBigler
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Me and my 7 hens stayed her for a longweekend. Unfortunately I became ill on our last night with gastroenteritis (caught at another place). The staff couldn't of helped us anymore. After a short stay in hospital, I went back and they had saved my room at no extra cost, let me get ready in my room and told me I was welcome to stay around the grounds as long as I needed to whilst we booked new flights to get home. They made an awful situation a lot easier for me, truly very grateful for their compassion and kindness.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kiz84
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed September 9, 2013

When I was told my partner "we're going to Ibiza", part of me dreaded it. When I was further told, it was all booked I had visions of one of those rubbish hotels you see on TV with kids screaming all night and loud thumping music from the bar beneath. When I checked out what he'd booked on here I was relieved as it was in the top two. I'm going to recommend this place stay in the top two, if not get to number 1.

The hotel is clean, well run and is exactly what the non-clubbing scene needs. That said, we did go clubbing and it's an easy walk to the main clubbing area but far enough away from the kids and idiots. Rooms are comfortable and the bar prices reasonable. ish.

A glass (330ml) of coke cost 3 Euros. A can of coke, from the same bar, with the same glass and ice (also 330ml) costs 2.20 Euros... I know it's only a matter of pence but it got to me that there was this inconsistency, for no apparent reason. And therein lies the point - I have nothing else to write about this place. It was such a good 7 day stay, I can only moan about a glass of coke costing 80 cents more... :-D GOOD SHOW HOTEL GRAN SOL!

Breakfast is served from 7.45 until 10.30 and dinner from 7.30 until 10pm. Check out time is midday, but an extension until 3pm cost us 20 Euros.

I'd stay here again. Without a doubt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at the Gran Sol, Ibiza for the second time in two years. The facilities are perfect, fantastic location, good snack facilities, great value! I went with a group of girls both times for a hen. I was pleased that the hotel was nice & quiet during the day, pool was lovely, real mixture of ages older to the odd family. I noticed the décor had been updated & new chairs since I stayed last year in reception area & we also picked up the free wifi from our bedrooms- really love the improvements. Staff were very friendly- no complaints at all!

I would also like to thank the Gran Sol for being very accommodating with my friend who sadly on the last day of our trip was really poorly from gastroenteritis (caused by a dodgy KFC) she was taken to hospital etc, but the whole time the staff at the hotel were very thoughtful, empathised & were very supportive. I think this hotel is a fantastic find, would not hesitate to recommend to others & can see another visit booked in, in a year or two. I would even take my 3yr old as feel very comfortable & safe.

Its walking distance to the nightlife, yet a nice enough distance too! :-)

Last year we had bed & breakfast which was delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great service, rooms cleaned everyday, breakfast was amazing, staff are very friendly, fantastic location - right beside the sunset strip, quiet but still plenty of people about. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,996 reviews
Ses Savines Hotel
Ses Savines Hotel
#8 of 100 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Hotel Gran Sol? Share your experiences!