Hotel Gran Sol
Apartahotel Central City(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
$47
  • Pool
Florencio Hostal(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$42
$40
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Neptuno(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
$162
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Playasol Marco Polo I(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
$65
Hotel Tropical(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$46
$45
  • Pool
Apartamentos Poniente Playa(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$83
$63
  • Pool
Torrent Bay by Intercorp Hotel Group(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$98
$86
Priceline
Alua Hawaii Ibiza(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$116
$111
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
THB Ocean Beach(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$133
$99
  • Pool
Fiesta Hotel Milord(Sant Antoni de Portmany)(Great Value!)
$69
TripAdvisor
1,585 results
All reviewssunset stripwest endgreat hotelpool and garden areacafe mambosan antoniominute walkair confree safestar hotelplenty of sun loungersnext yearenglish channelsgolden buddhabreakfast and dinnerhotel is spotlesssmall beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is very clean, very friendly staff, the rooms are excellent condition it's a gorgeous 5 minute coast walk to cafe mambo/ Del mar etc. it's excellent value for money. I will definitely return.
You can't go wrong with this hotel. Book now.

• Stayed: October 2012
HotelGranSol, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Gran Sol, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear 7Zola Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to know everything at our hotel was to your liking. We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went to Ibiza on 14th until 21st and it was my first time! This hotel should be more than a 2 star. We opted for breakfast which was an amazing buffet style offering full fry up, yogurts, fruit, pastries, cereals, juices and drinks. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Helped us with the best restaurants and how to get where we needed to go. The location is perfect. Right round the corner from the sunset bars. You can take a nice stroll by the sea and watch the sunset or eat at cafe del Mar. I recommend Mint Bar. About 10 mins from the west end and marine harbour. It is not noisy at the hotel at all but when we went out in San Antonio we didn't have to catch a taxi at all (and we were wearing heels!!) I love it and we're already planning next year!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Regina M Thank you for your comment. We would like to thank you personaly for taking the time and leaving a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our buffet breakfast, we are happy to hear that you will return to our hotel on your next vacation

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were happy with this accommodation. There is no way this hotel should rate higher thank the beautiful agrotourismos around the island. It is basic with a poor quality breakfast.

In terms of location it is perfect if you want To be close to the amazing sunset bars in St Antonio. There are plenty of little restaurants etc nearby. It can be rowdy and someone had got sick in the lift when we used it. It had been cleaned up but you could still smell it which wasn't nice. I suppose you have to make allowances for the fact that this hotel is located near one if the biggest party zones in the world!

It is good value for money although we booked online with a booking company and from talking to other people they seemed to have paid less. The rooms are nice and clean.

We were not allowed our passports back until we had paid at the end if the trip. This was annoying. We were just travelling as a couple, I think this policy is most unusual.

Ibiza is fantastic. Second time there and have fallen in love with the island.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Unravel Thank you for your review and for your sincerity. We have taken note of all your comments in order to keep improving
We are looking forward to seeing you again if you decide to come back to Ibiza in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with another couple for my 40th. We chose it as it was rated no.1 on the island and were not disappointed in the slightest. There are no doubt posher hotels you could choose, but this has everything 99% of people could ever wish for.

The rooms were impeccably clean, spacious and the balcony with a sea view was a lovely bonus, as was having a decent sized fridge for our use. The reception staff were incredibly courteous and helpful as you would expect, but even the cleaners always said hello and greeted us with a smile.

When we first arrived around 10pm at night it was when the Ibiza123 festival was on and there was no parking to be had for our hire car anywhere and the policeman who was blocking the road the hotel was on said to drop the bags off and then drive around a mile away and walk back. As I was dropping the bags and wives off the manager came out and said we could park it on the little bit of path right in front of the hotel doors and just asked if we could move it in the morning. This was greatly appreciated.

Unpacking we heard the music from the festival, so went on to the balcony and saw Lenny Kravitz playing which was a great start to the holiday. We were on the 3rd floor and the big screens inside the festival grounds were clear as day to watch. There was talk of trying to make this an annual festival, so if it does happen again, I would highly recommend requesting the side of the hotel that has a sea view (as the festival ground is inbetween the sea and the hotel).

One of the best things about the hotel though is without a doubt it's location. A really pleasant 5 minute walk and you are at the start of the sunset bars, which are such a great way to start the night. Being no more than 10 minutes walk to venues like Cafe del Mar, Cafe Mambo and the West End really helped make this an amazing holiday. There are loads of cafe's to eat at and most from what we saw had very reasonable prices and they all had views to marvel over.

One of the other things the hotel had started doing the week before we arrived was towel hire. I would highly recommend it as they were massive and it saved having to pack towels or risk using white ones from the bathroom on a beach. For €2 it was a no brainer and they were such good quality I wanted to buy a pair but didn't have space in my hand luggage.

The swimming pool and sun lounge areas were lovely and very well kept. The sun loungers had full length cushions on which we saw were packed away every night and then put out again in the morning. The bar which is also by the pool was reasonably priced and we had many an ice-cream, beer and cocktail from there. There was also an outside pool table and table tennis table that my friend and I used which were of course great fun, but I had no idea they had them before I went.

On the day of my 40th birthday we went out as usual in the day then came back mid afternoon to find an ice bucket in my room with a couple of glasses and complimentary bottle of Cava, which I took down to the pool to share with my friends. A really lovely touch and much appreciated. Thank you.

To top it off, the prices are great value and especially considering it's trip advisor rating. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: A lot of rooms say to request the top 2 floors for a sea view, but we were on floor three and had a great sea view so don't worry about that. My biggest tip though would be only use official taxis while on the island. The hotel will book you a taxi and they are reasonably priced. We got a taxi to Ushuaia Beach Club and it passes Amnesia and as we went past the club, the taxi meter was at €17. Then next night we went drinking in San An and then went to get a taxi to Amnesia, but were struggling to find one. However there were loads of people illegally offering lifts in their cars at €40. They have no insurance and we spoke with another couple who used them and said they drove like maniacs. If you are struggling for a taxi, just ring the hotel, give them your name and room number and they will arrange an official taxi for you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
HotelGranSol, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Gran Sol, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear RiskyRich Thank you for your comment. We would like to thank you personaly for taking the time and leaving a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us during your 40th birthday and are happy to hear that you will return to our hotel on your next vacation
We are sure that next years Ibiza 123 Festival will be a great event and will have some of the woldts top DJ´s and singers on stage!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very good hotel. I requested a late checkout and was told it would be a 20 euro fee which i was more than happy to pay and they advised we could then have the room until 6.30 pm. I commented that was fine as we only needed it till 2pm and they let us have it for no extra charge. I was also very ill on my first day and reception helped me with finding the nearest pharmacy (Sunday service) and explained to the taxi driver that i needed him to wait and bring be back. Helpful little touches

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelGranSol, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Gran Sol, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Jen D Thank you for your comment. We would like to thank you personaly for taking the time and leaving a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are sorry to hear you fell ill and hope you had a speedy recovery.