“no ravers here lovely peacefull great pool friendly kids loved it”
Review of Vistabella

Vistabella
Reviewed May 6, 2011

nice location, quiet, owner is very friendly, great pool, lovely,bungalows are bit old fashioned but great,,,,

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Very good location on top of San Antonio. small number of selfcontained, independent apartments around a swimmingpool of approx 10 by 25 meters. Quiet and clean with a small selfservice bar. Excellent value for families with minor or teenage kids. Private parking with keypad operated gate. Full value for monies if you are seeking quiet and calm lodgings for a family up to four persons.

Reviewed April 13, 2009

My sisters and friend stayed here last summer - it was a perfect choice. The bungalow was clean and had everything you might need. The location was beautiful and peaceful - we had our own patio - nice for eating your barbecue and a san miguel. The pool area was lovely as well - with barbecue area close by. It was all very private, peaceful and relaxing. Verena was lovely - she helped us so much, organising taxis and giving us advice on the best beaches. We did have a car, which I would recommend, as getting around to hidden beaches during the day may be difficult if you are relying on public transport or taxi's - though probably not impossible! All in all a perfect holiday!!

Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2008

My partner and I stayed at the vistabella for the first time last year it was one of many trips to Ibiza but our first stay at the vistabella and I would have to say the best place I have stayed in Ibiza.

The accommodation was lovely, clean and our little bit of tranquility. The pool area was great and a lot of the time we only shared it with a couple of other people so it never felt busy or crowded. The facilities around us were great and the owners of the Vistabella couldn't have been nicer. They often recommended great local Spanish places to eat out and were great for providing advice on where best to go when and even arranged taxi's etc to pick you up. We hired our own car which I would recommend so you can fully explore the island.

The vistabella is a lovely place of tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of San An but its still close enough for you to easily hit the amazing bars along the Bay (with exception of the very tacky West End which I recommend is avoided!).

We enjoyed our stay and hospitality at the Vistabella so much we plan on going again this year and taking friends to enjoy what we did last year!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 18, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Vistabella in Sep 07 and had a great time. We arrived on Ibiza about 2am and picked up a hire car at the airport. Verena (the owner) had given us directions and we found the place without too much trouble. The road leading up to the Vistabella was under development and unlit which was quite daunting at first but we got there without a scratch!

We were greeted by a night watchman and soon realised that the place was so peaceful and we knew we'd be able to get our head's down for a sleep (unlike most arrivals in Ibiza!).

Taking a walk around on the first morning, you realise how beautiful the setting is. This was my 9th time on Ibiza and I love my clubbing, I go for the music at the end of the day, but I've always wanted somewhere a bit out of the way to be able to relax and recharge too. The Vistabella was perfect as it was only 10 mins into the hills from San An Bay. We actually walked into San Antonio a few times, probably takes about 20 mins but it's a good walk with a San Miguel when the sun's going down.

The pathways in the grounds are surrounded by trees and exotic plants and it is truly relaxing to be staying here. The generously sized pool area is overlooked by a self-service bar! Help yourself to whatever you like and write it down on your pad, then pay for it at the end of the week ... fantastic!!
The bungalows themselves were great. We had a one-bedroom bungalow with a living room, dining area, kitchen and bathroom with shower. There is a TV for those of you who love BBC News 24!!

As with most accommodation in Ibiza, each property has it's own safe. I've read a review here about someone having their safe stolen and about it being an 'inside-job'?? How bizarre? I met Verena on a number of occassions throughout my holiday and she couldn't have been nicer! Definitely not the thieving type! My recommendation is to always leave a light and TV on with the curtains pulled over while you're on holiday. Oh ... and there's waaaaaaaaaayyyy more chance of being robbed in a hotel in San An than there is at the Vistabella, it's a shame it ruined someone's holiday here, although I fail to see how it was the fault of the Vistabella, you run that risk anywhere abroad to be honest!!

Anyway, I'm going back to Ibiza for the 10th time this year and will be in touch with Verena very soon to book my bungalow.

Adios Amigos
D

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2008

Our stay at Vista Bella bungalows was an absoloute horror we suspected it would be even before arrival! Me and 6 other girl friends of mine got a taxi from the airport the driver had no idea where the bungalows were located the lady who owns the bungalows had to come pick us up. From the moment our journey began we all became a bit weary, we were driving on a mud track for about 15 mins it was dark there were no other buildings around, eventually we arrived, the lady asked us if we had any valuables and were we carrying alot of money, if so she would keep them for us, although she did mention that we had a safe in the room. She explained to us that there was no way the safe could be broken in to unless it was ripped from the wall (we found this suspicious as she was giving us an unnessasary explanation). Anyway, the lady guided us to our bungalow which was stood alone amongst lots of trees we all agreed that if we were to go anywhere we must go in 2 or more. Other than that the bungalow was very spacious there were 3 bedrooms!!!! That night we were going out, we had to ring a taxi but unfortunately they had no idea where the bungalows were based! The lady had gone home and so we were stuck, eventually after walking around the complex we saw a lady who was kind enough to call us a taxi, after about a half hour wait it eventually pulled up. It was a good 15minute ride into san antonio which manages to burn a hole in the pocket!!!! On our second day we had gone to a pool bar in San antonio, after watching the sunset we began to make our way back calling at the supermarket first to stock the cupboards! As we got home one of the girls went to the safe that was located in a wardrobe in the largest bedroom, the safe had been ripped from the wall and the bedroom window was closed but the shutters were open! One of the other bedroom windows was slightly ajar but undamaged. My sisters suitcase had been taaken we imagine to transport the safe which contained 4 out 6 passports around 3000 euros, jewellery, our flight documents mobile phones and an ipod! The other items that had been taken were quite strange, some pjamas, a bag of toiletries and some costume jewellery. Luckily the people in the nearest bungalow had just got back so they caklled the police for us and the lady who owned the bungalow she arrived in less than 5 minutes, i was quite surprised as she doesnt live on the complex! We then asked the lady if this happened often she said it happened occasionally!!!!! She also said they were getting security cameras installed the nexyt day! We think it was an inside job as there was no sign of a break in, all the windows and doors had been locked before we went out.
We decided we didnt want to stay there anymore as we were scared, the lady firstly refused to give us our money back even though she knew we had no money left as it had been stolen along with 4 of our bank cards!!!!!! After much pursuasion she eventually gave in but charged us for the 2 days we had stayed there!!!! From then on our holiday was a nightmare we had a limited amount of money, most of the hostels were booked up as it was radio one weekend, and we had no passports to get home! We had to spend the next four hours searching the streets of ibiza for a room eventually we found one but they only had room for 4 and it was only available for 2 days, we managed to sneak in but on the second day had to find another hostel it took us 6 hours to find a place that would let 6 of us cram into!!!!!!! It was the worst holiday of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank no1_lucy
Reviewed August 4, 2007

Booked via laterooms,com for approx 150Euro per night -
More by chance than anything - was not on the usual Ibiza sites - or was but not easy to spot.
My G/F and I stayed for 8 nights in July and found the place to be a tranquil, and beautiful setting - and were surprised to find all images and pictures were true to form.
Only 11 - 12 chalets I think but each well equipped with everything you need.
Its hillside location just outside San Antonio near the main highway to Ibiza Town allows easy access across the island.Just 20 mins drive from the airport.
Verena and her husband were excellent hosts and were ready to assist on all our questions and requests.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Antoni de Portmany
#3 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hostal Adelino
Hostal Adelino
#2 of 20 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Vistabella? Share your experiences!