“Good location but nothing else”
Review of Hotel Arenal

Hotel Arenal
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I booked this holiday as we have never been to Ibiza before. This hotel looked ideal, being right on the beach and 10 mins. away the town centre and ferries etc. But we were not given enough information of how bad it was in San Antonio Bay by the travel agent. Continuous noise 24/7. We asked for a quite room, of which there is no such room, if it was not for noisey neighbours, we also had to contend with a main street one side and a stream of drugged up, drunken louts the other side. The staff were very good, but the food was rubbish and cold. The water for washing/bathing and showering was at best luke warm. I must admit however the cleaners were very efficient. unfortunately I can not say a lot more than this, except I would not bother going back again. Greek Islands here we come!

Room Tip: Don`t stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Arenal

Reviewed September 9, 2013

travelled with mixed age group 65-17.Location of hotel was perfect,right on the beach.The hotel staff are really nice and helpful.I do agree with other comments about the food it is a bit boring after the first few days but always found something to eat.Tables are allocated to you on your first day for the entire stay but is like being at school in rows with other holiday makers being able to hear everything you say!
We had a sea view room which is a must as the other side looks horrible,which is the front of the hotel! Don't let it put you off though the other side is like a different world.
Only downside being you can't get a full nights sleep from the general screaming and shouting going on until 6-7 in the morning from the clubbers returning home,which could be easily solved from double glazing the balcony door.
Also the pool is in the shade and is FREEZING!!!!!!
Apart from that it is what i expected from a 3 star hotel,normally go 4/5 star,which are obviously earned by having free air con,better choice of food,pool area ......
Would probably not go again but not because of the hotel,more the actual island that apart from alcohol doesn't really have a lot to offer.

Room Tip: go for top floor and a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Having stayed a few times in the Arenal over the years I am finally getting around to writing a review. I am just back from a week there in mid August. I had a great stay and would recommend this to others and happily stay again. I am in my late thirties and was staying with friends. OK, I am the first to admit the hotel is not 5 star and is a little basic but I think it is great value for money, clean, and the service is very friendly. I stayed half board with friends and personally think the food is quite good. I have stayed half board in other hotels in the area and believe me this by far the best half board food in the area.
The beach is just outside the back door, there are bars and clubs a plenty within a few hundred yards. There is plenty of free parking out the front and staff couldn't be more helpful. I will definitely be going back. The only thing I would note is that if you are getting a single room as I did on this occasion there is no balcony and it wasn't facing the sea. You definitely want a sea facing room if at all possible.

In reference to some of the other reviews my room was directly facing Linekers bar however this wasn't a problem for me as we were out in the car during the day and out late at night.

Room Tip: Definitely request a sea view room and request to be away from the Lineker's end if you intend t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

my sister and I came in july for a girly break and we were not disappointed! absolutely perfect location being literally ON the beach and very close to the west end for a drink and a dance! :)
the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was lovely, always lots to choose from and never went away feeling unsatisfied!
would recommend to couples and groups for lots of fun!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiance (25/26) have just returned from an 11 night stay at the Hotel Arenal. Last year we stayed in their sister Hotel, the Ses Savines apartments, so the Arenal was highly recommended. The staff at the hotel were very friendly, from Eva the receptionist to the cleaners and night porters.

We were originally booked into room 107, which overlooked the hotel restaurant extractor fans, but after some gentle persuasion, and checking of our booking, we had requested a sea view room. There was a slight surcharge to pay, but, this was well worth it when seeing the view from room 336! Completely brilliant view of the sunset, San Antonio bay and Town.

The pool area was to the rear of the hotel and was quite shaded, depending on the time of the day. There was additional sunbeds on the front lawn, overlooking the beach, which were nice. One really annoying thing, which should be tackled by hotel staff, is reserving beds with towels. Each day people seemed to reserve multiple beds however never seemed to use them, and then take the towels away mid afternoon! We spent most of our time at the beach, around €12 for two beds

We were on a half board basis, so were allocated a table for use everyday at first breakfast. These were in rows of 10... A little bit "school dinner" style for my liking. Food was generally okay, a bit bland and samey if I'm to be honest. We started to eat out for the remaining 5 evenings, as we got a bit sick of what was offer. It you like chips, stews and buttery veg, you're in for a winner!

However, all in all, a great albeit dated hotel, in a fantastic location in San Antonio. I don't think you'll find anything much better for the price

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank carlhunt3r
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have just returned from a stay at the Arenal and had a wonderful time.
My first time to Ibiza and I fell in love with the place and felt the Arenal had a perfect location in the heart of San Antonio Bay. You literally step outside your hotel and fall onto the beach, where the waters are tranquil and it is perfect for a relaxing break away.

The hotel has a simple traditional charm similar to those in other Balearic islands. The rooms are not at all modern however this fits in with the design and they are clean and fit for purpose.

I am not a half board fan and chose this for price, however there was plenty to eat although as always half board does get a little boring after a few days.

The location, perfect for the beach and about a 10 minute walk from the West End with bars along the promenade on the way. This is the only party destination I have visited wherein families and clubbers alike can enjoy their holidays with no intrusion from the other. In the day I really did enjoy the peace and tranquillity whilst at night enjoyed the vibrancy of the west end.

There are wonderful markets, children's rides, and I would return with my family.

It is important to not forget the location of the hotel and a\t night you may hear some noise from clubbers going home, this did not bother me in the slightest, and again did not impact my holiday. The funniest comment I heard from a guest was them stating how noisy it was to the reception, I assume that this holiday maker thought he was perhaps in a completely different Balearic island, Menorca for example.

If I return to Ibiza I would definitely stay at the Arenal hotel again as, the location was brilliant.

Room Tip: pay extra for a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank miacharl
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just stayed here for a week with 3 friends all aged 20, advise for this age group would be choose a different hotel as the night staff are extremely rude and aggressive, but once spoken to our Thomson Rep this did calm down. Rooms are dated, and rather dark but DO get a sea view because it is brilliant to pre-drink and admire the view. Food is average if you like the 'processed' meat taste, or like a lot of food with bones in. Baguettes and toasties during day also very basic, and not the nicest. Even though paid half board, tended to eat out of the hotel. The best part of the hotel isn't really the hotel...it's the location as it's perfect for all bars!!!!!

Room Tip: Sea View is a must!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends