“We loved it”
Review of Pikes Ibiza

Pikes Ibiza
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've very happy with our stay at Pikes. I'm surprised at some of the bad reviews. I think this place truly captures the spirit of Ibiza, and is exactly the kind of spot we were looking for. I thought the staff we great, and really accommodating. It seemed like they were there for whatever you need. Breakfast was great and they were pretty good about serving ‘til noon if not a little after, which is great for after a night out. Drinks are good. I didn't try the sunday roast, but John sa Trinxa was DJing the day we were there and it was a really great vibe. I did have a sandwich that was made for me by the lady at reception one night after the kitchen had closed. It was a little expensive but delicious and exactly what I needed! :) I do have a couple recommendations: The lock to our room was a little messed up and should be replaces.. I think it was room #16. Took us forever to open and close it every time. It was impossible to find the light switch to turn on the light outside our room when it was dark. Still never found it when it was daytime either. It would be nice if there was a price list for the mini bar. Overall, we did think the room was a bit expensive, but we really loved the stay, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank copahc

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Boutique was the best I've ever seen in a hotel. Every room fascinated me, and suited my every need. Food was spectacular, especially sunday roast, but also every waitor and barmen were friendly and made our trip as we heard the´re stories. Would recommend to anybody

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel1235431
Reviewed May 6, 2012

For all the wrong reasons this hotel prides it self on who stayed their during the 70's, 80's and 90's. They do nothing to bring forward this hotel into the 21st century, and the worst thing is people I'll pay to stay in this overpriced hotel because Niaomi Campbell flashed a boob here once.

Service bad and overpriced. Asked for a simple beer which took 15 to arrive because waiter did not know where opener was.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank UnitedLovers
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Ibiza Rocks House in August last year following a friend’s recommendation. It was our third time to Ibiza and chose to stay here as we were after somewhere a bit different to spend a couple of chilled days. The house is located out in the Ibizan hills and definitely not your standard hotel. The décor is quirky, stylish and fun and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, you really do feel as though you’re staying at a private villa sometimes! In response to the comment posted below, I would like to add that it is by no means a luxurious 5 star hotel, however it doesn’t promise that either. Staying here is all about the atmosphere and experience (which you wouldn’t have appreciated leaving after an hour) and frankly you can’t beat it! The staff are polite and friendly, vibe by the pool is nice and chilled, perfect if you’re feeling fragile the morning after. Again our room was pretty small and basic, but had cool décor and suited us fine. We’ll definitely be back and would recommend it for anyone after a unique stay in Ibiza!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scott M
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This place is a joke. We checked out after an hour.

It is not retro, it is old, tired, run down and dirty.

The suite that was over 400 euro a night looked like it should have been 40 euro a night. 30 years ago in its day I'm sure it was all state of the art but the 70s all green bathroom suites are simply not "cool"!

We ordered some food which was very poor and the pool looked like it hadnt been cleaned for weeks.

I'm sure lots of famous people have stayed here in the past but that doesnt make it a luxury hotel worth top money now.

The chap we complained to couldn't believe we weren't happy as "everyone" loves pikes and no one ever complains. More over a girl from girls allowd stayed in our very room the week before.. Well firstly I feel sorry for her and secondly she has obviously never stayed in a nice hotel. There was talk to charging us 50% for the nits booked but when they realised we booked on the island and hadn't prepaid they realised they couldn't in force this and let us go without charge. Be careful, if you don't like it and they have your money I don't think you'll get it back.

If you like to stay at nice hotels please do not even try staying here. It is really really horrible and it will ruin your holiday. As for comments about being kid friendly I wouldn't dream of bringing children here.

Worst hotel experience ever! The history has dried up and this place has seriously had its day.

Room Tip: There aren't any good rooms here
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
17  Thank Joe W
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Good:

1. Good traditional style room (Junior suite) if a little austere.
2. Excellent, friendly, welcoming experienced staff (seen it all before).
3. Decent food at the pool/restaurant, hangovers well catered for.
4. Good hi-speed wi-fi in the room.

Bad:

1. Rooms/bathrooms could do with a little updating however they are charming!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank GPA7
Reviewed January 5, 2012

If you don't love Pikes, you don't love Ibiza. We have been coming twice a year for the last 8 years and can't imagine staying anywhere else. We were initially worried when Ibiza Rocks started managing it things would change, but they have done a great job of maintaining the atmosphere whilst breathing new life in to it.

Must have Sunday Roast.

#1 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Hotel Puchet
Hotel Puchet
#11 of 96 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Pikes Ibiza? Share your experiences!