“Fab Holiday!”

Apartamentos Sol Bahia
Derby
“Fab Holiday!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were recommended these apartments by a friend who had stayed before. What a great place! Spacious rooms, lovely staff, free shots from the bar before a night out! They do nice food, snacks to buy etc. Lovely clean pool, always a sun bed (we did go in early June though!). Fabulous views of the sea from the pool area. Great location - short walk from Cafe Mambo around the sea front, a little further into the main town part of Ibiza. Good nights sleep, never too much noise! Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Obviously get a sea front view if you can; however in the rooms round the side you can still see the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DerbySophie28

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Been going to Ibiza for over 30 years try and go at least 3 times a year we normally go to San Antonio only in June. Been in these apartments for a drink a few times but never stayed decided to do 4 nights here before going over to Playa d'en Bossa for 5 nights. Glad we did apartments are really clean and big we had a sea view which was lovely. The husband and wife team and daughters are great met them before the guy is a real character he cracks us up !! He kindly rang through to Torre del Mar in Playa d'en Bossa as he knew we were staying there after San An as a friend of his is now "big boss there " as a result we had a chilled bottle of champers delivered to our room on arrival . I would defo recommend these apartments it's in a nice quiet spot of San An but only ten minutes to Mambo etc one way and 2 nice beaches the other way Cala Gracio and lovely little Cala Gracionetta . We will stay here again IF we return to San Antonio . Ibiza is changing a lot without doubt going much more top end San An is left behind a bit !!! Shame. But stay here go out and explore take the boat/ bus to Cala Bassa and Cala Conte etc don't get stuck to the West End even if you are 18 !!!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms lovely
1 Thank jules21holiday
Isle of man
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My partner and another three couples spent 7 nights at this complex. All we wanted was clean and basic. The apartments were spotless and fantastic size. They were a short walk to cafe mambo but far enough away so you weren't in the party area. Pool and toilet area were spotless. Only down side was my partner being screamed at my the lady when he brought a packet of crisps to the pool area. They are self catering apartments and we had just spent 20 euros on an ok breakfast and then to be screamed at that you can't eat your own crisps at the pool is a bit petty in my mind. Would recommend this hotel and would certainly go back. Natalie

1 Thank nd1234
Midlands
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my fourth stay at Sol Bahia and again I was not disappointed and will be back .. Bartollo and Juanito are just the perfect hosts nothing is too much trouble and the rooms are spotlessly clean. The view over the sea from the pool is nothing but idyllic and of course you can see the sunset from here if you don't fancy the 15 min walk round to Mambo or Cafe Del Mar. I have always been in June and September so quieter months and the pool and hotel are nice and quiet but I can't comment on right in the middle of the season and whether the clientele changes then! the only downside is the thin walls and you can hear conversations through the air vents in the bathroom - makes for some interesting showers!! but if your looking for a great value apartment outside the madness of the west end then this is perfect for you :o)

Room Tip: Obviously a sea view room is better but to save money ask for a room on the 3rd floor side view of t...
1 Thank prawn72
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Ibiza maybe 30 times
In the last 10 years and I can safely say for me, this is best hotel on the island. Stayed here the last 5 times now and I will not stay anywhere else on the island. Bartollo and his family are the perfect hosts. The hotel Is is in a great location just 5 mins away from Kanya and Mambo's . Rooms are large , clean and very quaint. If your looking for a good hotel
In San an with no "football shirt" dickheaaaaad's then this is the place. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Jpdeprivation
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel is situated around a 15 minute walk around the bay from Cafe Mambo etc and maybe a 20 minute walk from the west end. This means you get all the peace and quiet and scenary from being away from the mix, but without being detached from it. Rooms are basic, but adequate and spotlessly clean. Walls are paper thin though, so if you're unlucky and get a noisy neighbour it might spoil your stay. You get a little kitchenette, a living room, so you can choose to cater for your own needs if you want. The hotel is situated right on the seafront, and has a great swimming pool. Every evening you get to see the beautiful sunsets that Ibiza is famous for. Top tip for a daytime drink would be the beach bar along the coast if you were to turn right and walk away further from town, its about 15 minutes and is spectacular.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My partner and myself stayed here for one week, the manager / owner Martollo is one of the nicest people I have met in all my visits to Ibiza (this was my 8th) his wife and daughter work with him and they could not have been more helpful. We both fell on the first night and struggled to walk the rest of the week, he fed us daily (the food is basic but limping to a restaurant was not an option) he even carried the food up to our room one night and really looked after us. I can't imagine still having a good time in any other apartment after falling like that. The pool although small never seemed busy and we got the same 2 beds every day, you are 2 minutes walk from Kazbah, Kanya, and loads of other lovely places to eat and drink. Only problem was that it was very dark at night trying to find the way back if you go along the dirt track that leads to the apartments from kanya etc, this is the reason behind both of us falling, that and a few too many cocktails. The rooms are spacious, the maids seem to come every day and always made our beds and tidied up our clothes etc, I slept well every night as the aircon is very powerful, I even had the woolly cover over me most nights, The view from the pool is amazing too and when we were there in September there was always a good breeze so even though it was 27 degrees I could still sit in the sun all day. This was unfortunately my last year in Ibiza, I am getting to old for it and after buying a house can't afford it but if I won the lottery and could afford to go back and had the option of the most expensive hotel on the island or sol bahia I would choose sol bahia I loved it so much, it really made my last year a good one, injurys and all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple