“First time...but not the last !”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Albert & Simon

Albert & Simon
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the new part of san pedro de alcantara near the beach. Albert & Simon is ideal for spending a wonderful evening. Modern decoration and very cozy
Spain
“First time...but not the last !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

San Pedro de Alcantara is a new location for me with regards to restaurants as before the bypass was built...I literally just bypassed it. Now with the new access roads and ease of parking it is a much easier place to get around and so recently I decided to see what the restaurants were like.

As someone who really likes food and who uses Trip Advisor to research general opinion I thought I would give Albert & Simon a try (there are two listings for this restaurant one as Albert & Simon and the other in Spanish Albert y Simon but both are the same place so the reviews should be merged - maybe Trip Advisor would take note).

The restaurant is now so easy to find...if you are coming from Marbella take the new exit into San Pedro just before the tunnel and drive up into Avd Luis Braille and then turn left onto the other side of the new central park and you will see the restaurant with its red awning on your right hand side. (turn left at the entrance to the main underground parking after the Hogan Stand).

The restaurant is located on a main street and as with a lot of restaurants in Spain you can't see very much of the inside of the restaurant from the outside as there is usually a terrace with tables and umbrellas etc. which is the case here..but as it was a winters night we opted to sit inside. The restaurant has a lovely, comfortable feel to it with warm colours and interesting paint designs on the walls and a fabulous wine display...they have a huge book of wine choices (which to be honest was so long that I personally would have preferred the option of a shorter, simple, list as I would have needed at least a glass of wine to take the time to study the book!) so in order to save time we just opted for a standard Rioja.

As it was our first time to eat here we also opted for the 3 course dinner menu at 28€ per person as I feel this gives restaurants the opportunity to showcase their best dishes and should serve to encourage you to come back..either for the menu or to test other dishes on the a la carte.

There was a good selection of dishes to choose from - I had the aubergine & cod mille feuille which was very tasty while my partner had a fresh, crispy salad. He then had a Hake fillet in green curry sauce while I opted for a Lamb couscous with nuts and raisins. I had a thick, luscious chocolate tart for dessert while he went for the creme brulee....All of which were perfectly cooked, well flavoured and expertly served. Service was extremely efficient and the staff were friendly and helpful without being patronising.

The bill for the two of us including tip was 100€...(also including a per person charge for bread and 5.70€ for a large bottle of water ) which is not cheap but for the quality of food and service received was not over the top for this area.

I will certainly not hesitate in going back and look forward to my next visit.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Irishgirlabroad

Benahavis, Spain
“Brothers Benesty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a combination Simon at the front of house and Albert in the kitchen. Impeccable service, wonderful wine cellar, amazing food and please make sure you order the souffle it is worth waiting for. I have been a patron when they were at the back of Benavista and now in wonderful surroundings in San Pedro. Well done you two brothers we will be back in July for more of your wonderful skills, Graham & Kay

• Visited October 2012
San Pedro de Alcantara, Spain
“A MENU OF THE DAY AT ALBERT & SIMON’S!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were lunching at El Rincon de La Sala one Sunday, where, by chance, who should be there but Albert Benesty, chef ‘extraordinaire’ of restaurant Albert and Simon. Whilst we were catching up on old times, he mentioned that they have just started serving a fixed price 3 course lunch menu for under 28€, and I said
that we would come along and try it.

I first wrote a review about their original restaurant in Nueva Atalay back in July 1994 when I was writing for the Sunday Sun. Before then Albert was chef in his fathers restaurant Le Soufflé in Estapona, where he was awarded one of the first Michelin stars on the Costa de Sol. Since then, their establishment has been
recognized as amongst the best eateries in Andalucía

Albert describes his style of cuisine as ‘French creative’, I would add that he now combines this with the most innovative of modern techniques to produce dishes
that are not only delicious, but in their presentation, are tantamount to being a work of art If you think that my waxing is OTT – go along and try, then tell me that I’m wrong!

We were a party of four, one of which was vegetarian, and although there wasn’t a veggie dish on the menu, Simon, the Maître’d, soon concocted a dish on paper that filled the bill. The carnivorous’ three others ordered for starters Aubergine & Cod Mille Follies, Goats cheese with Quince and nuts, and Black pudding toast with Pears & Rocket, and to follow, Monkfish with wild mushrooms, Hake fillet in a green curry sauce, and Lamb with raisons & nuts. All sounding to be simple plates of food, but the accompaniments and sauces raise them to Haut Cuisine’
on a budget.

Their A’la carte menu is no less deceptively simple in its description of some 15 starters, 10 meat, 8 fish mains and lots of desserts, including one of Albert’s specialties, Soufflés. Besides this they offer a 55€ tasting menu, providing everybody at the table participates. The wine cellar here is unsurpassed, but includes many reasonable priced wines.

The V/Stats for Albert & Simon
They open for lunch and dinner Monday to Saturday, and are in the Mirador building in Avnda. Salamanca, Urb. Nueva Alcantara, San Pedro de Alcatara, Marbella, 29670 Parking on the wasteland above the tunnel opposite the restaurant. Reservations on 952783714 or email albert@albertysimon.com
Their website is www.albertysimon.com Average A’La Carte 3 course with the house wine 60€
Bishlin marks out 5 ambience 5 food 5 menu 5 service 5 value 5 O/A 5
Bottom line – we will return

• Visited November 2012
Staffordshire
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I went for our wedding anniversary. We wanted somewhere romantic and special for the occasion. It was both of these things. Food was brilliant, a little pricey but well worth it. Service was very good. Looking forward to going again.

• Visited July 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous experience every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you are looking for a little something extra in your evening Albert and Simon's is the place to go. I have gone several times in the past few years and most recently in August when it impressed me the most. The decor in the restaurant and the excellent service make for a very relaxed atmosphere. The food itself is exceptional. On my last visit I had a prawn salad for starter and sea bass for main course, each of which was divine. I went with a party of 6 and every dish we had was perfect including the desserts. The wine list is extensive with an excellent selection of wine. The restaurant is expensive but you get value for money as it is worth every penny. I will definitely be returning when I visit San Pedro again.

• Visited August 2012