“Worth a visit”
Review of El Medioevo - CLOSED

El Medioevo
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This restaurant is just a tad away from being a great place.They give you very large plate full of food but there is one thing. They put to much salt on every thing so just tell them not to put a lot of salt on your food. Then it will be worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Trevor F

Julianstown
“10/10 spoiled by tv”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Fab decor, fab food, fab wine.
The owners have put a lot of effort into producing excellent food in superb surroundings spoiled only by a TV playing football.
If you are within 20 miles of San Pedro make your way to
El Medioevo for excellent food and wine and hopefully the tv will not ruin the atmosphere or your conversation.

• Visited May 2013
Marbella, Spain
“Great staff, great food, great night”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

5 of us girls went to celebrate to 25th birthday. I was pleasantly surprised by the decor, it has a modern mixed with medieval theme, that is welcoming and give a feeling of sophistication.
We had been recommended the restaurant by friends and finally got to check it out. Having been advised of the large portions we opted to get the following starters to share: octopus, which was cooked to absolute perfection. Serrano ham croquettes, not Greasy at all and full of flavor, possibly the best I have had, Camembert cheese with red Berries and aubergine drenched I'm sugar Cane. For main we shared rosada fish, melted in the mouth. The suckling pig was to so divine and the lamb leg fell off the bone. It was all more than enough for us to share, and all so delicious. We even took some home. For pudding they surprised us with a specially made desert, and free chupitos at the end. The waiters were charming, if not a little clumsy, but we don't have stiff upper lips about things like that. They were more than happy to advise, and let us know when we had ordered too much starters and gave us suggestions of alternative dishes. The only reason I gave the venue a 4 and not a 5 was the choice I'm music, it was not very atmospheric, and don't particularly think gangnam style goes well with wine and suckling pig. This is only me picking something wrong. And I will certainly recommend to friends and family, as well as be going back myself. Great job.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank howsonfire
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Excellent New Restaurant, Fabulous Food, Fantastic Service”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This restaurant opened last year in San Pedro de Alcantara, it is owned by a gentleman called Miguel, he has two waiters Aron & Fernando who are absolutley fantastic, their attention to service is immense and their attitude to customers makes everyone feel important.
As to the food, I cannot recommend it highly enough, sometimes simple, sometimes not but always presented extremely well and the prices are extremly good.
I belive Miguel's son is the Chef and his training has clearly been of the highest standard.
My only problem in writing this review is that I may not be able to get a table when next I visit !!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank chrisbearman
Switzerland
“Good ambience, elegant touch”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This is more than "family style" food establishment, nested in cosy downtown San Pedro. Good selection of creative dishes, in comfortable , elegant setting. Mostly expats clientele, English understanding is sound. We liked the place overall, though service could be less formal and pricing more competitive.

1 Thank Andrea C