Globales Cortijo Blanco
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just back from staying at this complex. We arrived at this hotel after a two and a half journey from Malaga airport at approx. 2.35 pm feeling tired and hungry. When we arrived at check in we were told in a rather abrupt manner that we would have to get to our room and back down as the lunch stops being served at 3 pm. We had to lug our cases through the complex with no offer of assistance, only to be passed a photocopy of a map with crosses as to where we would locate our room. We went as quickly as we could but arrived back down too late for lunch. We were advised, again in a curt manner, that we would have to wait until 4 pm for the snack bar to open and "we cant be expected to be open all the time" was the statement from the receptionist. When we got to our room we were shocked at how basic it was and very, very tired and badly in need of an upgrade. The bed was not comfortable at all. We did have a balcony which had a pleasant view and plenty of sunshine. However, we waited until the snack bar opened and managed to get something to eat. The complex was very busy and very much a family oriented complex. I feel that our needs were not met by the travel agent as I had specifically requested a holiday for couples and this to me was definitely more geared to families, hen and stag dos. We did however get a room at the quiet end of the complex overlooking the tennis courts which was great as the entertainment area is very loud.

On a positive note, the complex was kept clean and the food selection was ok although much the same each day but I suppose that is par for the course with all inclusive complexes when catering for the masses. There were plenty of staff in the dining area and plates were cleared away efficiently with tablecloths changed for new diners. Wine and soft drinks were available on tap in the dining room. There is also the Bodego Bar which is quieter for drinking outside where drinks are served in proper glasses.

The only disconcerting thing for us as a couple was that there were police/civil guards present daily on the complex and I don't know the reason for this. There is also a weekly charge for the safe in your room.

The beach is about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the hotel and is beautiful and very well maintained with a few restaurants dotted along the boardwalk.

We were advised that there was a courtesy bus into Puerto Banus however we waited and it never arrived so we took the normal bus which was only just over one Euro or you could walk.

There are a few gift shops around and another few bars in the area. There is also a supermarket nearby.

We would probably go back to San Pedro but definitely would not choose this complex....not for us Im afraid.

Room Tip: definitely choose a room overlooking the tennis courts as this is the quietest part.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PenelopePitstop49
Write a ReviewReviews (2,486)

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in August with our two daughters, 12 & 8. We requested rooms by the tennis courts as recommended in previous reviews but on arrival were allocated rooms in the 'Sevilla' block across the road from the main complex. Initially we were worried about location so decided not to unpack on our first night in case we wanted to move. Across the road from our block was ' Buddies' Bar, we went to bed on the first evening listening to the karaoke from buddies and the thump thump from a disco at the end of the block needless to say we did not sleep well! We went to breakfast and then came back to our block as we had a pool which was very quiet. we were able to get a sunbed outside our room (with no queuing or reserving at silly o'clock) and the girls were able to get what they needed. We took the decision to stay put and used earplugs which I had packed as one daughter is prone to ear infections. We slept well every other evening and loved the privacy and convenience of our location. The entertainment was ok not brilliant but the bingo calling' fivety nine' made us laugh. The major grumble I would have about our stay was the food. Apart from my youngest we could always find something to eat but it was not the best and the snack bar was woeful. The hotel was spotlessly clean and all of the staff were very friendly and worked so hard it was a shame that this let it down. Lovely location we went into Puerto Banus, Marbella and Gibraltar. Lovely mix of guests, ages and nationalities. NO stag or hen parties and no trouble. Very relaxing overall.
No rushing for food or tables at evening entertainment and at our pool, no need to reserve sunbeds no matter what time we went to pool side.

Room Tip: Take a bus from airport to Marbella and then taxi to hotel very easy. Approx. 50 euros and very quic...
3  Thank WrightstuffSurrey
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just back from my 5th visit yet again another excellent visit...It is a busy Hotel due to being a very good hotel.If people do complain about Hotel I would be surprised..Every visit I've been on I see an improvement..It is an excellent base from over places I.E Puerto Banus ,Gibraltar,Rhonda & many other..

5  Thank double42
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

perfect vacation! service, food, location, stuff - everythig was great. room was clean and comfortable. beach is not so far as i expected. one thing was anoying - thin wall and british singing at 4 am.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have just returned having spent a week there. We drove and parked easily,The room was ready at 4 as stated, it was spotlessly clean and we could have clean towels each day if we needed them and beds were made and the room cleaned daily. We overlooked the 2nd pool, which was quiet the whole time. The bar staff were friendly, especially to those who bothered to speak a bit of Spanish.There was a good selection of drinks, and they kept the tables clean and tidy frequently. The restaurant was big and the food, for me, excellent. If you wanted there was a snack bar open in addition. I had roast beef carved off the bone,same with pork, always fish, chicken, masses of salad,rice, pasta..how anyone could go hungry or complain is beyond me. The entertainment team worked hard, there were activities for children and adults, shooting and archery were free, although I don`t like bingo there is one guy who reads the numbers in a weird and funny way (you have to be there!), As far as being isolated?? A 10 min walk to the beach and promenade which for a further 15 mins takes you into Puerto Banus, or the free luxury coach that is provided? My only bad point,as most have stated, is the sunbed situation around the main pool,but I don`t know how they can stop the towel brigade? Just to add, the main clients were Spanish, French and English, all of whom I thought added to the atmosphere of being in a foreign country. This is only my second all inclusive,but have been to the Costa del Sol over 20 times,I will return to Cortijo Blanco!

7  Thank Martyn T
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just got back from a week’s holiday at the cortijo with my friend. The hotel was very interesting! Firstly, I would recommend using the smaller pool near the main road. It is a lot quieter there and you are always guaranteed a sunbed. However, it is a few minutes’ walk away from the bar. Secondly, I would recommend taking ear plugs on this holiday as the red coat style disco only ends at 11.45PM and it is LOUD!

There are a lot of children and interesting families at this hotel, I would describe it as something similar to the programme Benidorm. The children were left to run around the hotel playing IT until gone 10PM and quite a lot of the young and older children used very interesting vocabulary, especially when talking to their parents. One night whilst we were enjoying our exciting game of bingo, a teenager had an argument with his mother in front of us and they picked up the spare chairs at our table and threw them There are also a lot of young people who enjoy going into Marbella and getting extremely drunk. Our neighbours came back one night at 4am and broke down their door because they couldn't work out how to use the key. They then proceeded to have a chat with two young girls they had found in the gutter until 10am!!

An important thing to note is the food. We couldn't decide if the chefs changed every day or if we just got more hungry throughout the week because the food ever so slightly improved throughout the week. Nonetheless it was pretty rough. I will pretty much eat anything, as will my friend, but we just couldn't stomach some of the food. I really didn't enjoy the sea food pasta with bits of prawn and broken shell mashed up in it. On the plus side the packet lunches were really good and came with plenty of edible food.

During the stay we found ourselves quite bored a lot of the time. We played bingo every night at 9.30 which is something we don't normally do and we ventured into Puerto Banús via bus in the evenings to have ice cream and look at the boats and the cars which were really nice. We spent a few days at the beach which again were pretty dull. Overall we were pretty bored, hungry and tired from the lack of sleep but at least we got a nice tan!

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room near the bar, the disco ends at 11.45 PM
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mrs_g211
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed for 11 nights and I thought it was too long with not enough to do :/

Arriving
We arrived on the 2nd and I thought that the hotel looked nice until I got to look around... The main courtyard is nice but crowded with tables and chairs so if you were on the outside you were lucky. The bar was located near the stage but you could only get a maximum of 2 drinks a time. The biggest pool was crowded with sun beds so it was hard to find a spare one. But there is a balcony above it where you can sunbathe without getting splashed. There was a gift shop where I bought a few presents and they're really good quality which is near the pool and they also have massages, facials etc in the hotel. Some rooms were spacious but some were tiny :/

Other pools..
There was a pool for kids which was good and you could also sunbathe there and in a big area near the tennis courts which is near the pool. There is also another one in an area across the road which is part of the hotel. Be careful of the grates because they can burn you :(

The bar
Most of the time the service was very good but you have speak clearly or you could get the wrong amount of drinks and that happened to me a few times and it annoyed me :( sometimes the queue was long so you'll get asked to go to the other side to get served which was good :)

Rooms
I thought the room was very spacious which i was sharing with someone and my auntie was next door with someone so we were lucky to have rooms so close although we did have to negoiate rooms at reception so we could be closer to my dad and cousin and they got rooms a few doors down :) a maid comes round to give you clean towels every day and makes the bed which we were thankful for :) they also found a dress that had gone missing so i was very relieved about that :) and they also gave the room a good tidy up :)

Breakfast/lunch/dinner
Breakfast was delicious every day. They serve chips, eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, fried toast etc. Lunch was ok but i didn't have it often because i was still full from breakfast or was out or by the pool. Dinner was a hit and miss but we went out once at a Thai place which was nice :) the favourite dinner i had was veal.

Trips to Fungerola and Gibraltar
We booked with Les, who is untrustworthy, to go to Fungerola Zoo which he said that there was any animal that you could imagine but if you think of giraffes and zebras you'd be wrong. If you think of birds and fish you'd be more accurate... But the gift shop is nice :) We also booked a trip to Gibralter where most of us went up the rock and that sounded good but me and my dad went to see dolphins which was supposed to last 1 1/2 to 2 hours but it ended up lasting under an hour so that was disappointing but we did see dolphins. But we thought that they weren't were worth 90+ euros each for both trips :(

Entertainment
I thought the hotel was ok and the entertainment was good for the kids and adults but there wasn't much for teenagers to do apart from order drinks at the bar and go to wi-fi at night :( But I did play bingo but gave up because I never won :/ But the entertainment was mainly for adults and kids :/

• Stayed: August 2013
#4 of 6 in San Pedro de Alcantara
Sisu Boutique Hotel & Spa
Sisu Boutique Hotel & Spa
#3 of 3 in Puerto Banus

Been to Globales Cortijo Blanco? Share your experiences!