“I shall start this review by telling you...”
Review of Hotel Conilsol

Hotel Conilsol
“I shall start this review by telling you...”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I shall start this review by telling you that we are a 30 something couple who have stayed in a lot of hotels throughout Europe and although we like nice things we don't have endless money to spend on fancy hotels.

In our opinion this is an absolute gem of a hotel and a real find.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the area, Conil is a lovely quiet little town facing onto the beach. We went there so my partner could go surfing (El Palmar beach 2-3 miles up the road is better than the Conil beach for this) and I enoyed the sunshine on the beach.

The hotel is not right in the very centre of town, but instead a 10 minute stroll up the hill- be warned, this is not a particularly steep hill (it was fine for us) but if you were a little older or less able it is worth considering. In my opinion it is actually nicer up the hill as you are away from the restaurants and beach so it is super quiet and peaceful.

We arrived with no reservation at 10pm at night and they were fantastic- we were offered a room for €60 per night, which went down to €55 on the 1st October. For this breakfast was included, but we chose to pay an additional €4.85 per day to put our car in the secure underground car park.

The room was delightful, with a nice little balcony which got the sun all day. The decor is fresh and modern and the bathroom was lovely and clean and again modern and fresh with a great shower and nice soft towels.

Breakfast was simple but lovely- a nice selection of bread for toast, fresh fruit, meat and cheeses. Also fresh fruit juices and a really nice coffee machine. There's a really pretty little terrace where you can sit outside to eat breakfast.

The maid service is brilliant- the room was immaculate every day with even the balcony being mopped.

The biggest asset to this hotel is its staff- be warned there is very little English spoken and I don't think we even saw another English couple staying, but the staff are absolutely delightful, nothing is too much trouble and they really do go out of their way to make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Clairemarsh2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kuala Lumpur Traveller
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Stayed here for almost 4 weeks in July and August, through the fantastic Spanish summer months.

The Conilsol was a great home base for me as I was there on business. The rooms were very well appointed and contemporary. It is truly a hidden gem for the moment. The location is away from the beaches, more towards the city centre. It is located mid-way down the hilly terrain of Conil so some might find it troublesome to walk up the hill on the way back from the beaches and restaurants. The walk was OK for me and I thought it was great that I had a chance to burn off the wonderful Spanish tapas right after dinner.

The front desk receptionists, cafeteria and management staff are very helpful and they always tried to cater to my needs as much as possible. Its a family owned hotel and an owner is always on hand during working hours to handle any problems should they arise.

There is basement parking in the hotel that is chargeable but I tried to park outside on the streets as much a possible (watch out for the yellow curbed lines, do not park there as it risk being towed). Once outside had no parking I finally decided to park in the basement and they were kind enough not to charge me for it.

The bed was a little hard for me but I got used to it after the 2nd week there.

Broadband internet is readily available in the hotel via WiFi and is free of charge and fast as well I might add.

Breakfast in the morning was more than sufficient with enough variety.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank dolladrum
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This is a new hotel, just over a year old in 2009, and it looks it.
Rooms are clean, comfortable, a good size, with a balcony. As per the hotel website photos. The main thing about this hotel is that its location is more in the town than on the beach, and so your balcony view is not an interesting one. I am happy to walk when on holiday but the beach was a 15 minute push, and coming back it's uphill, so the location would not be for everyone.
Other than that I cannot fault the hotel, and the breakfast in particular was great - you can sit outside in the courtyard (coffee machine makes good coffee). And off-peak rates are excellent.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester, UK
Reviewed September 18, 2008

I can see why I'm the first english speaker to review this hotel, Conil is very Spanish and better for it.
This new hotel is a refreshing change from those huge expensive places on the edge of town. This is right in the centre of town, and consequently has no pool, but it's about half the price of those other places.
We were booked in a standard room, but as we had friends staying over who hadn't booked, and as the hotel was full, they happily put us all in an apartment. These were large, with modern furniture, TV, DVD air con, and kitchenette with large fridge freezer oven etc
You get free breakfast in the modern glass fronted bar area - essentially coffee orange juice and bread rolls.
Conil itself is wonderful, a mainly Spanish lovely little seaside town, but with loads of bars and places to eat. The real draw here though is the superb long sandy beach that stretches for miles.
All in a all a great choice, especially for the price.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bacononthebeech