“Cancelation on day of arrival”

Hotel Playa de Regla
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Chipiona
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Cancelation on day of arrival”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

As we made our way to the departure gate to fly to our holiday stay here, I received an e-mail on my phone sayong that the hotel had decided not to open yet for the year! we had booked and received confirmation messages weeks before. Yes, they had made an alternative arrangement for us which proved quite acceptable but I had reserached which hotel I wanted and it was the one I booked. This is quite unacceptable and I urge all interetsed in staying here to beware of a hotel which thinks this sort of thing is OK.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
colorado
Reviewed October 19, 2011

absolutely beautiful, iconic property. check out the rooster painting on the second floor!! staff is VERY helpful and friendly. i enjoyed the breakfast layout. irish bar out on the stroll is good fun. had a single room which was small but comfortable. one bad point, the head board was not properly attached and banged the wall every time i rolled over. i looked at larger rooms and found them to be quite lovely. priced at 35 euros off season beachfront, it is fantastic value. literally adjusted my schedule to stay an extra night and enjoy the beach.
word of warning, a couple doors down toward the church is a restaurant whose name i have misplaced but it has a "@" in the name out front. its right on the stroll. surly waitress presented a barely warm meal that, although tasty, was so overpriced for the portion size i was speechless. eat around the corner at one of the small tapa joints - much better value.
for me, de Regla would be a destination - beautiful hotel, beautiful beach and a friendly little town with good food options.

Room Tip: check the head board!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 12, 2010

It is a very special place to me. It was the first trip with my beloved one, who is already my husband! Hotel Playa de Regla is an amazing hotel. It is very unique and romantic. Each room has its personality. Ocean front location. Friendly service. We felt ourselves at home. I still don't understand why this hotel is just 3 stars hotel! I love this place. And we are going to be back very soon! I want to note that breakfasts also were fantastic! But keep in mind... it is better to book room on the 4th or 3d floor... First floor and second floor don't have any views at all.

Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NadyaZim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipiona
Hotel Monterrey Costa
Elba Costa Ballena Beach Hotel
Brasilia
Brasilia
#3 of 9 in Chipiona

Been to Hotel Playa de Regla? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Playa de Regla

Property: Hotel Playa de Regla
Address: Paseo Costa de La Luz 29, 11550 Chipiona, Spain
Location: Spain > Andalucia > Costa de la Luz > Chipiona
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Chipiona
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Playa de Regla 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Booking.com, HostelWorld, HRS, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Playa de Regla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.