Lowest prices for your stay
$44
$46
Vio.com
$37
Priceline$38
Hotels.com$46
Travelocity$46
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2016

I stayed at this Hotel while on a business trip, the usual one being full and this being recommended by a travel agency.

I believe it is considered to be 3 Star but even this, I would suggest, is somewhat ambitious. I would best describe it as basic and in need of some desperate TLC.

I was given room 306 on the third floor which, when viewed from the outside, is the far right hand room on the front elevation. As the Hotel is located immediately on a very busy roundabout noise is inevitable and some will find this a major problem, however, I always wear ear plugs and this solved the problem for me.

Now to the room. Describing it as ‘basic’ is probably flattering it by quite some margin, and as you are reading this review, I urge you to look at my photographs as well. You will see why.

The room is simply furnished and I would guess it dates back to the 80s. The bed was very firm but this was ok for me. What I didn’t like was, that if you sat on one corner, the opposite one went up in the air and it was generally quite flimsy.

There is a lounge chair which I would describe as luminous yellow, interspersed with filthy stains. If you happen to be staying anywhere else in the Hotel you can see another version of this in the reception area, also covered in filthy stains.

The room had two windows, one which opened and one that didn’t. The one that didn’t was covered by a curtain and when I pulled it back I realised why. It appears not to have been cleaned in a very very long time.

The built-in wardrobe is quite large and also contains a safe. You won’t be bothered to remember a four digit code or anything so sophisticated as this is a plain metal box with some sort of key hole.

Above the safe there’s a hanging rail on which there are a variety of hangers, all of which appear to have been left by previous guests, and one that’s also snapped in two. This tells you something about the standard.

My first use of the bathroom was when I tried to have an early morning shower. Unfortunately the wall bracket that held the shower head was only secured with one screw so the head pointed at 90 degrees to the bath and I was forced to have a complete shower holding the head in my hand. Not an easy task.

The tiling in the shower is cracked in many places and, along with the filthy grout and sealant, should have been replaced years ago. There is also a cracked floor tile.

The enamelled bath is also worn out, has been repaired and, around the plug hole in particular, it is stained and scratched through years of heavy use.

The toilet functioned ok but when you lifted the seat up it was completely disgusting. It was delaminated and should have been replaced years ago. There is absolutely no way this can be sanitised and is a home from home for bacteria and germs.

I don’t really know what to say about the breakfast. If you like cake and sweet things you will be fine but the rest was very poor. On the first morning there was a heated container with some anaemic sausages in one side and on the other some rubbery scrambled egg that Goodyear would have been proud of. On the second morning only the anaemic sausages were on offer. I don’t know what time it opens but there’s a Burger King next door to the Hotel – worth considering.

On the first morning I took the photographs you see attached and showed them to the Manager on Duty. If I had expected a response then I was certainly disappointed. I asked him if his toilet at home had a seat in the same condition as mine but no comment was forthcoming, however, on the bright side he did arrange for the shower head to be re-fixed in time for my second night.

Needless to say, this was my first and will be my last stay at the Urban Amadeos Hotel.

Room tip: Avoid Room 306 but really can't imagine the others are any better either
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank KeithM199
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Great location, next to metro and near beach. Very good service!! Good facilities and you have everything you need around like restaurants, super market, laundry, stores, etc. Because of business I have been there for two months!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2016

I would like to rate your hotel and marketing department with the highest rate possible. My wife went ill just a few days before the trip and despite the short notice and the no refund policy the hotel has kindly accepted to refund a nice percentage of our booking rate.
It is glad to find such comprehensive people and hotels that for sure is a great place to go, with great people working in it, to enjoy nice Oporto city.
I let other travellers know that is a great place to go.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank IvanM4632
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Hotel located out of city center. Close to airport and big shopping mall. Free Wi-Fi working well. English Channel available in the room. Hotel recommended for short stay. I would for sure recommend this hotel to my friends if they are looking for a good economic hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2016

Great location in the centre of the city and with metro tram just on the other side of the road.
Room is quite big but could have better cortins as the light from outside could enter the room easily. You could hear sounds from other rooms and from pipes

Date of stay: May 2016
MktMHA, Gerente at Urban Hotel Amadeos, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Dear Mr Joel C,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback. We strive hard to provide great guest comfort and service to all of our guests and are disappointed when we fail to do so. We appreciate your specific feedback regarding the curtain and the noise, these standards have been reviewed with our team, to prevent these types of isolated incidents from ever repeating themselves. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused.
I do hope that this experience will not lower your view of Urban Hotels, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back and creating a more representative experience during your next stay.
Best Regards