Lowest prices for your stay
$44
$46
Priceline
$38
Hotels.com$46
Travelocity$46
Orbitz.com$46
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2016

I would like to rate your hotel and marketing department with the highest rate possible. My wife went ill just a few days before the trip and despite the short notice and the no refund policy the hotel has kindly accepted to refund a nice percentage of our booking rate.
It is glad to find such comprehensive people and hotels that for sure is a great place to go, with great people working in it, to enjoy nice Oporto city.
I let other travellers know that is a great place to go.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank IvanM4632
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Hotel located out of city center. Close to airport and big shopping mall. Free Wi-Fi working well. English Channel available in the room. Hotel recommended for short stay. I would for sure recommend this hotel to my friends if they are looking for a good economic hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2016

Great location in the centre of the city and with metro tram just on the other side of the road.
Room is quite big but could have better cortins as the light from outside could enter the room easily. You could hear sounds from other rooms and from pipes

Date of stay: May 2016
MktMHA, Gerente at Urban Hotel Amadeos, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Dear Mr Joel C,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback. We strive hard to provide great guest comfort and service to all of our guests and are disappointed when we fail to do so. We appreciate your specific feedback regarding the curtain and the noise, these standards have been reviewed with our team, to prevent these types of isolated incidents from ever repeating themselves. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused.
I do hope that this experience will not lower your view of Urban Hotels, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back and creating a more representative experience during your next stay.
Best Regards
Urban Hotels Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2016

My assigned room had not been cleaned from the previous guests. They gave me another room but was still not very clean. The guests were really loud. My key was always demagnetized!
The breakfast was ok and they have a nice outdoors lounge.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
MktMHA, Gerente de relações públicas at Urban Hotel Amadeos, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to give this feedback as it is a great help to further improve our services.
I am sad to hear that your recent stay did not completely correspond to your expectations.
I have taken careful note of all your feedback and the points raised are all being taken into consideration with the intent to further improve our services for future stays.
I do apologize for the shortcomings but I’m very pleased to see that you enjoyed our lounge and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to Urban Hotel Amadeos in the future.
Best Regards
PR Manager

Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

We needed a hotel for easy access to the City Park, this was an 800m walk, so was ideal for us. Close to the Metro - yes - you cannot get much closer! The metro stop (Camara Matosinhos) is directly outside for easy access to Porto town, and it's walking distance to the coast.

Other than a Burger King next door to the hotel (we didn't) we didn't find a great deal food wise near the hotel, just fast food type cafes. If you fancy Italian though, there was a great place 2 tram stops (Brito Capelo - towards Senhor de Matosinhos) I can recommend "Pasta Fresca and Pizza" chef Sergio Crivelli is award winning!

The room was neat and basic, but clean. The bed was firm, but actually quite comfortable. The bathroom was a little dated with some broken tiles, but everything worked. The only real downside was the aircon. Although it was November, it was really warm. We turned it down to 10 degrees, but the room was still too hot in the night, and turning it up to full blast was too noisy to sleep. We checked out early the next morning and didn't get chance to mention this. We were on the 7th floor and did not notice noise from the traffic island that have been mentioned in other reviews. It was a very quiet hotel in general.

Breakfast was basic continental, but adequate, coffee, bread, pastries, meat, cheese, cereals and yoghurt.

If you get the metro to Mercado (towards Senhor de Matosinhos) you can get the 500 bus to Porto, an alternative to the metro, which follows the coast and the river. All on the same excellent value travel card, available from the tourist info office at the airport!

If you're on a budget and don't need to be right in the centre of Porto, this is a great alternative. Great value and easy access to everything!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
MktMHA, Gerente geral at Urban Hotel Amadeos, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2016

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Urban Hotel Amadeos. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous on.