All reviews surf lessons outside area backyard barbecue hostel waves beaches yoga surfers
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

I really loved the place!! Very nice and friendly staff, the hostel have everything you need, nice dorms and private rooms, good kitchen and clean, barbecue, swimming pool, people from all over the world, boards to rent, surf classes, yoga....close to the center, beautiful beaches with really good waves!!!
Definitely I would like to come back one day!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We had a room, which was the greatest thing in this hostel. Room was small, but cleanest place in hole hostel. We stayed 3 nights and in that time staff didn't clean bathrooms or brought toiletpaper. All the noises heard to our room and locks were hard to open and noisy. This place is for people who doesn't care about cleaning or flyes.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2018

It is a very affordable place to stay in Ericeira but unfortunately this comes with very unmotivated staff. Our double room was nice and clean. The shared bathroom was a bit cozy and was not cleaned during our 2 nights stay. The breakfast was nothing special and usually not enough (if you were last you would go surf on an empty stomach). We asked for toilette paper several times but the staff never filled it up. Maybe because this would have made them clean the bathrooms as well...

All in all it is a nice house with a spacious outside area for BBQ's at night but needs better employees to take care of it.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2018

My main goal was to lear surfing. I paid for 5 lessons and 4 of them was canceled. I asked for a refund and manager refused! So I lost my money, didn't get surf lessons, my holidays were ruined.
Avoid

Room tip: Book a different hostel.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

Very nice and helpful staff, a comfortable hostel with everything you need, great people from all over the world, amazing beaches with extraordinary waves and a cute little surfer village combined with surf lessons that were so much fun...

I'll be back Chill Hill...

I'll be back, Chill Hill

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Jose F, Owner at Ericeira Chill Hill Hostel & Private Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for your review!
It will be a pleasure to receive you again!
Kind regards