“Eco resort with bundles of character”

Eco Sound - Ericeira Ecological Resort
Ranked #13 of 23 Ericeira B&B and Inns
London
“Eco resort with bundles of character”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Just had 2 fantastic nights in this amazing Eco lodge. There were 14 of us so we pretty much took over all the double storey bungalows. The other rooms looked really nice too and great for couples or smaller groups. The views were beautiful and serene of the pool. We really enjoyed the facilities. The natural pool provided our group lots of entertainment :) The hammocks were really relaxing and the honest bars were well stocked. Although the staff are not around much during the day, they were really helpful when they checked us in. We didn't cook or bring food back but the kitchen and outdoor BBQ would be great for those who wanted to. Location wise is a little further up the hill than those by the sea front but the quaint and relaxed style of this place makes up for it.

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here in July - booked at the last minute through Surfholidays as I had some unexpected time off work and wanted to do something a little different to your average beach holiday!
I stayed in one of the cabins, which was essentially a large old (Port wine I think) barrel with 2 single beds in it. My bathroom was outside in a sort of jungle setting, and I had kitchen facilities in a separate barrel. Loved it - so cool!
During the day I was either down at Foz do Lizandro surfing (I added surfing lessons when I booked) or lazing by the eco pool - the resort itself was so quiet while I was there and perfect for recharging my batteries - just what I needed.
Ericeira itself is a pretty little town with cobbled streets and seems to be the sort of place Portuguese people go on holiday - thankfully no McDonalds or Starbucks in the area which is a refreshing change! Some lovely fish restaurants down near the harbour and tapas places in the town which were very reasonable.
Would recommend this place to anyone travelling solo, everyone is so friendly (Maria the girl working at the resort is so nice) and it's also really easy to get to from Lisbon and get around without a car. Fabulous!

Room Tip: The barrels are small and it would be *very* cosy in there with 2 people, but I found it fine for my...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rubia1984
Dublin
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic 14 nights in Ecosound! We were picked up from the Airport by the manager Jorge and transfer to Ecosound for a very reasonable €55 (taxi would be about €85)

We were staying in the Barrels. There are 3 barrels 2 are bedrooms and the third is the kitchen that you share with the other barrel guests. There is also a communal toilet/shower room that looks out on to a little green area. The barrel open away from the main pool and bar area to give a nice bit of privacy. The barrels each have a little tv, 2 sockets and a fly screen over the door so you can leave it open if it gets too warm.

The pool area is fantastic and very tranquil. Full of frogs, dragonflies and lily pads.
There is a big communal BBQ and vegetable garden and honesty bar. There is also a huge common room with big screen satellite tv pool table and PC. This is also where the surf yoga class are held in the morning and evening. I just did one class but I enjoyed it and wasn’t too difficult for a beginner like me, it really helped loosen up my back and shoulders after surfing.

I booked my surfing lessons through the lodge. They were good and the instructors were all very friendly. I had both classes and private lessons. The private lessons are really worth the extra few quid if you really want to learn. The only negative about the lessons is that they only use one beach so sometime the conditions were not ideal for beginners.

The staff at Ecosound were excellent and very friendly. Specifically Maria! She went out of her way to make sure our stay was perfect and despite working like a trooper all day doing everything from greeting guest and giving tours to cleaning windows and changing sheets always had a smile on her face and something positive to say. She organised all our yoga lessons and surf lesson and couldn’t have been more helpful!

There was a great community spirit between all the guests and we chatted and talked to pretty much everyone.

All in all this is one of the best places we have stayed and would recommend it to everyone.
Oh and only a short stroll down to the town within a short walk of bakeries, supermarkets and surf shops.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stescub
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks in a cabin at Eco sound with our 13 year old surfing son. The spot is an oasis of green in a rather over developed area. The lodges are lovely but we stayed in a one bed roomed cabin which was small and we slept rather uncomfortably on a sofa bed. We loved the pool, the decor and the company of other surfing families. Lots of interesting places to visit in the area such as Sintra and Mafra. The centre of the old town is unspoilt and you feel you are in a place that is not full of British tourists but a truly Portugese holiday resort. What spoilt the town was the amount of building outside of the village,the traffic congesting the small streets and the busy roads around the area. The beaches were beautiful and surf good. Surf school was 100 Euros for five 2 hour lessons. Equipment hire and tuition was good. Body boarders are welcomed. If you want natural beauty look elsewhere and overall I did not feel we got good value for the cost of our cabin.

Room Tip: Only choose the cabins if you are a couple or with one small child as it was cramped for the 3 of us...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lagos, Faro, Portugal
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We own a guest house in the Algarve and are always looking to better our place.
In a nutshell, there is no better place to stay in Ericeira.
Make it your own adventure.
Jorge, keep up the good work, it´s beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sebastian W
Ebeltoft, Denmark
Reviewed February 5, 2013

After several times in Ericeira to Surf, this time, I went with my family to Ericeira, as I am surfing, but the kids do not, I stayed in this beautiful place with ecological swimming pool, bar, and as they have babysiiter service, while I was surfing a friendly girl was playing with my kids at the beach and at nigth was taking care of them while I could enjoy some time reading.
Loved this place and the staff always helpful

Room Tip: All the lodges are good, but the ones in the left side has got sea view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank kristinpetersen999
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Was here with 7 others (ages 26-32) on a surfing trip for the first week of October. The lodges are great value for the price,€600 a lodge. Two single beds to a room meant we all slept comfortably. The swimming area was great and the facilities (BBQ, honesty bars, pool table and table tennis in the common area) were brilliant. The staff were friendly and were only there every now and agian. The shuttle bus picked us up from the airport and would drop/pick up you and your boards to/from the beach whenever you wanted.

The town itself was quiet at this time of the year as the season was over but it picked up a bit around the weekend. Great restraunts at unbeatable prices. For a table of 8 with wine, beers, mains and dessert the average price was €20 tip included.

Would definitely come back to this place, very relaxing holiday had by all. The only thing I would change is the time of the year we went, the tow would be better if there were more people around.

• Stayed October 2012