“Great sea food”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Gorgeous shrimps with garlic and a perfect Grilled Octopus. Heartily recommended for sea food lovers

Reviewed June 5, 2012

There are quite a lot of small restaurants tucked away in the back streets of Ericeira but if you go there, make sure you try to find this one. It's just off of the main square in the shopping area, next to a small surf shop.

You can sit inside or out - we chose outside on a lovely sunny day. There aren't huge numbers of seats outside because you sit pretty much in the alleyway that the restaurant is situated - but there were plenty of seats to go round when we visited.

The waiting staff were very friendly and spoke good English (which helped as my Portuguese is not up to much).

The menu is fairly extensive with a wide selection of seafood as you would expect plus some tempting looking meat dishes.

Our party of 4 chose the following:
Octopus Salad - very well cooked and not a bit rubbery as is so often the case.
Black Pork - Again, well cooked and very tasty
Sardines - Excellent choice! These were large and you get a portion of at least 6 as a main course. My wife was unable to finish them all!
I chose two starters rather than a main course. I had Lulos, which is baby quid fried in olive oil and garlic plus a plate of gambas - also in oilive oil and garlic. When they arrived on the table I felt compelled to ask if they had given me two main courses rather than two starters. The plate of prawns (gambas) was huge and I was able to share them around with others and still have lots for myself. They were a bit messy as i chose the shell on version but for 1€ more i could have had them shelled. The Lulos were fantastic! Still soft and tasty. They left the gut still in them, which i was a bit surprised at after eating in UK restaurants regularly that always remove the gut, but it wasn't a problem at all. Once i knew it was there, it was a simple job to pull it out.

Prior to the food arriving, we were given some delicious bread rolls and some very nice olives.

The cost was very reasonable at under 80€ for 4 people including drinks. I have paid more than that in so called good restaurants for two people and come away disappointed on numerous occasions.

Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

I only go there to eat "Filetes com arroz de tomate" - fried fish with tomato rice. Best in town!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Toca do Caboz in the centre of Ericeira, difficult to park your car is a good restaurante and now has a new owner. The fod is very good but the quality has also changed, for me its worse than before. Fish is quite good, but you can choose other dishes. Ericeira is a nice town a bit far from Lisbon. There are regular buses from the Marquise de Pombal square in Lisbon to Ericeira and back, See the time table before you start leaving Lisbon. the festival of 15 August would be nice to visit Ericeiraif you like crowded towns.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I know that's a bold expression but for me and my wife it is the best restaurant in Ericeira.
Excellent service and excellent food.
And you don't feel you've over-paid.