“Fun clean friendly hotel”

Apartamentos Clube dos Arcos
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Praia da Rocha
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Fun clean friendly hotel”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have to say I came onto trip advisor before my weeks holiday on the 30th June for the week, from the reviews on here I was expecting the worst of the worst and I have to say when I arrived to the hotel I was pleasantly surprised :0)
Yes it's not a 5 star resort but what you pay for you get your money's worth.!
Friendly staff., clean rooms the swimming pool was cleaned every morning.
Cheap bar food convenient shop on location, 2 minute walk the beach and main strip.
If your not superficial and just want a break away with your family and friends I would recommend here :0) There was 10 of us away for my hen and wee all had the best week ever.!
Thanks clube dos arcos

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Tara H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013,
The building is old and could do with a general refurb.the staff are great,helpful and friendly.
The rooms are spotless but again could do with a general update.we got stuck in the lift for a while as we'll and would advice children to use the stairs as this would be really scary for them.
The location is great from an access to the stunning beaches,shops,pubs,clubs etc.the noise levels are awful and we really struggled to get any sleep at all.it seems busy at night for lorries ,cars and coaches and groups of very load drunks. etc .
There is a pool side bar called funnys.fab food, fresh, cheap and simple the owners husband is a singer called tony mouri and he made my holiday ,3 hours of him singing and playing guitar.fantastic night.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Paulsimpson1
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in June, the apartment was extremely dated, I've never been anywhere which has been in such a poor state. Although the apartment was clean enough, everything was extremely out of date. The balcony doors didn't lock but luckily we were on a high enough floor for this not to be a concern.
The only facility in the kitchen was a two ring portable hob which took 25mins to boil water, no kettle or toaster provided either so definitely not for self catering as you can't actually cook anything.
The location is great, v close to beach, strip & restaurants.
We got an extremely good deal so we weren't overly concerned but would've been furious of I'd paid any decent amount for such substandard accommodation. An absolute no for anyone with children!!

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Praia da Rocha hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Before we arrived we knew that the hotel was going to be basic and hopefully what we payed for. it isn't a modern hotel but it is clean and the best location ever.
Staff are very friendly and helpful. NEED MORE SUNBEDS. great fun and will definitely be coming back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank mildreda123
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I will start by saying this hotel was central and staff were friendly and helpful. pool area is good although charge of 1 euro per day for sunbeds/parasols so for family of 4 with 2 umbrellas 6 euros per day.
Rooms were cleaned 5 of 7 nights but this involved making beds but not cleaning floors so floors by end of week were dirty. The actual beds were passable but the pillows were lumpy and not comfortable to sleep on. I am home with sore neck. The 2 additional beds were a sofa and pull out bed which were totally inadequate for my teenage children. I asked for them to be replaced by 2 single beds but was advised they had no spare beds. Towels were a problem. The sign in the hotel said that they would be changed every 4 days and to hang them up in between. We didn't hang them up and they were replaced every other day which I don't think is enough but had I been following the rules and hanging them back up every 4 days is unacceptable!!. the rooms are advertised as self catering but there is only a fridge and 4 cooker rings. No kettle/oven/microwave. Kettles can be hired but shouldn't have to in a self catering apartment. We were originally place on the 13th floor in block 1 however the balcony was in need of urgent repair and was loose so we asked to be moved and were put on the second floor facing the road. this meant a lot of noise but was worth that not to feel unsafe on the balcony. I have been on a few camping holidays so this hotel was an upgrade on a tent but not by much. Needs a serious overhaul and a change in cleanliness standards. The hotel was exceptionally cheap but would rather have paid just a bit more for clean and well maintained. Praia da Rocha itself is lovely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank amandai222
Isle of Bute, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

stayed her with my two daughters from 16th to 30th June 2013. could find no fault with the staff, the overall cleanliness of our apartment but the beds were the most uncomfotable we have ever slept in, and definintly should be replaced.
the kitchen requires more points for plugging in varoius appliances. would we return ? yes but in the hope that at least basic upgrading of the rooms had been carried out

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2013

we stayed here for a long week-end , we had two apartments we looked for them side by side , when checking in we were told we could not have the apartments side by side we wasted a lot of time finding out friends at the other side of the building . the accommodation was clean the staff we spoke to were pleasant ,very close to the beach

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends