“BEWARE. TRIVAGO ARE SHOWING THE ROCHA HOTEL ON THEIR WEBSITE BUT BOOKING YOU INTO JARDINS DA ROCHA”

Apartamentos Jardins da Rocha
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Praia da Rocha
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked the Rocha hotel via Trivago. However when the paperwork came through I checked the address and thay had booked me into Jardins da Rocha. I emailed several times to try and get this changed but they never replied. Jardins da Rocha is quite frankly awful. Trivago were still advetising the Rocha hotel but booking you into Jardins da Rocha on the day we flew out so I expect that there will be lots more dissapointed people. The pool was disgusting. The hotel is a complete wreck. The beds are awful. The aircon flooded the balcony every time we switched it on.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lisam17

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I have just returned from an 8 day holiday here.
We thoroughly enjoyed it and returned relaxed :-)

The reception staff were all so helpful, nothing seemed like too much trouble. They even went the extra mile to make up a new big double bed for me to enjoy on my last night as my friend returned to England a day early.

Our room was on the 22nd floor and had a great view over the pool and down the beach and coast. We enjoyed sitting on our deck soaking in the sunsets each evening.

The beach is almost on the door step, so we didn't even visit the pool in 8days! Spent every day on the beach :-)

We had a one bedroom apartment. Great space. Well equipt, very clean! Very reasonably priced, hence we stayed so long!

I would def recommend and will return :-)

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank ekirsty
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just back from a ten day stay at the Jardins da Rocha. Was located on the 14th. floor with a
fantastic seaview from our balcony. We had a two bed studio, which was plenty big enough
and huge bathroom, plenty of hot water and clean towels, which were changed daily.
I never saw a more equiped kitchen, even had a washing machine ! Even though we dined out
every night, everything was there if you wanted to cook at home! which I,m sure a lot of people
do. The air conditioning was excellent.
The apartments are very well kept and a lot are privetly owned, so maybe thats the reason why
there's no bar or restuarant in the Jardins,( to keep noise levels down?.) There,s a kiddie's pool and a good size adult pool also, with free sun beds and a nice garden area. We tended to spend some mornings at the pool and go to the beach in the afternoons.
The beach is one of the best in the world with one end a vast sandy area with a boardwalk and about a dozen bar/cafes and the other made up of smaller ones with giant rock formations seperating them, although at certain tide times you are able to walk from one to the other.
There's plenty of restuarants in Praia da Rocha, normally I hate to recommend, but I'll have to mention the 'Adris' on the main strip, good food at a reasionable price.
Overall I couldn,t praise the staff of the Jardins enough, they were so helpful, and all spoke fluent English and would definetly stay there again, it was very good value and location.
Oh and by the way the weather was just fantastic wall to wall sunshine!!
Aidan & Kay O'Connor. Co Waterford.Ireland.

Room Tip: Ours was room 7 with a seaview, so I presume all 7's have one ?
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank a0weld
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We that my husband and two teenage lads stayed for six nights in aug 12, we hadn't booked and turned up in the resort having stayed in another resort the previous week. I'd already been in a few hotels near by so knew what everyone was charging, got a lovely apartment on the 23rd floor with a fab view of the beach and sea from the front balcony and another great view was of the resort hotel etc looked good lit up at night. We were really impressed with the fact we had a washing machine this is really good for us as we had stayed eslewhere the week before and although you take enough clothes for the holiday it's good to wash and reware your favourite light clothes in the heat.Everything was really well presented on arrival two bedrooms lovely cotton sheets and light weight bedding high quality, extreamly good sleep qualilty not distured at night no noise considering such a big resort your location is away from the main noisy bit but only a few mins walk.Cooking facilities good also toaster kettle micro, coffee machine full oven although we didn't use it,Tv with a couple of eng channels.Maids came 4 out of the 6 nights we were there you are told by reception which days they don't come so that's fine,and was good they even changed sheet once which really was usnecessary although nice touch all in all maid service was really good, The receptionist we were checked in by was lovely and a real credit to the hotel so helpful and friendly and fluent in many languages,book exhange in reception, no bar but that was fine just take your own drink down by pool grassed area and sunbeds good size pool and kids pool roman steps on main pool which i prefer pleasent swim but sun beds not comfy and quite a few broken, but we ususally only stayed there for half an hour or so, with the beach being so close. We swam in the sea everyday but didn't really sunbath as it was so hot, excellant beach so beautiful i believe it's called rock beach down the steps kept us fit. The first time in this resort will be coming back for sure, lads did there own thing in the evening although busy wasn't rowdy at all. Lots of reasonably priced pub grub meals etc so eating out could be reasonable there was also some beautiful resturants if money was no object, had a good night in the irsh bar on the main strip and just loved the hotel and resort, the only problem was getting the lift some days but this wouldn't put me off going again,worth it for the view which i now have as my screen saver reminding me of this holiday everytime i log on. 2nd visit to portugal can not wait to see more. Big supermarket cost about 4 Euros in a taxi although there is a spar and a few reasonable priced supermarkets near by.

Room Tip: high up for the view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ibizaaddict
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Jardins da Rocha with my mother and mother in law for 3 nites. As mentioned in the reviews here the location was absolutely excellent and the price was very decent. We basically payed the same the last time we were in Algarve and back then we were much further away from the beach.

The staff was extremely helpful throughout even thru the booking process. I had accidentally boooked thru booking.com a much smaller room but he was able to help us out in getting a two bedroom that would accomodate us all along with a pull out couch. I have nothing but good thngs to say about this place . Even though it was close to the action, you didn't hear it once you were in your apartment. the only negative i found were the elevators. Especially during peak times and check out times, it was difficult getting one. We always had to wait. That is pretty much my only complaint.

Would definitely book this place again.
Oh and the private parking available is definitely a plus!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank mystique7
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Perfect location and extremely friendly and helpful staff. 1 minute walk to the strip (quiet end) which means that there are no noise disruptions. Only complaint was the pool which we did not frequent as my partner felt it wasn't too clean, although the pool was unnecessary due to the close proximity (2min walk) of the most beautiful beach I have ever seen - AMAZING :) Rooms were extremely clean and comfortable with all necessary amenities. I would have no hesitation in returning. Great complex. Sea View Rooms are breathtakingly beautiful!

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms are breathtakingly beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Orlaith M
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Genuine review for a 3* resort. We just returned from a week in Praia da Rocha and stayed at these apartments. They are clean and bright and the maid service changes towels and cleaned almost everyday. Asked for a sea view and got one on the 10th floor which was nice. Despite the size of the hotel it was not noisy at all and no waits for the lift. All facilities were functional in the kitchenette and the studio apartment was plenty big enough of two of us with a nice balcony and all the kitchen equipment you need. The beds were a bit hard but this was the only criticism so it did not ruin the experience. The staff were always helpful and although we didn't use the pool as it is a stone's throw from the beach it looked nice and clean enough. Everything you need is within walking distance i.e beautiful beaches, nice restaurants, bars and enough night-life to suit us (aged 30) without being too British. Would recommend the Voxx cocktail bar and if you like seafood visit the marina in Alvor which is ten mins in a taxi and well worth a visit as well as Mourisco's cocktail bar - some of the best cocktails I've ever had. Would definitely return to these apartments and lovely area with nice people and clean streets. I've been to 4 and 5 star resorts which haven't been as good. Would suit couples and families especially. Under 25's might want a bit more rowdy nightlife.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple