We stayed in the Plaza Real for 7 nights returning home on Aug. 22nd. I was impressed by previous reviews and looked forward to staying there. The family group consisted of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The one bedroom apartment was spacious and clean. However the couch bed was not made up and the camp bed was very uncomfortable. The balcony had a table and 3 chairs...no sun loungers, which is a pity as it is huge. We had booked on a bed and breakfast basis but I would not recommend this option. There is only a very basic continental breakfast on offer. An English breakfast would cost €7 extra each....no discount for having paid for breakfast anyway. The lady in charge of breakfast was very rude and unhelpful. She gave us dirty cutlery one morning and didn't even apologise when we asked to get them replaced. She did not smile once while we were there and is one reason why I will not re-visit or recommend this hotel again. There is a shop across the street which is fine if you want the basics and the staff are nice there, The beach and Praia De Rocha are 15 mins away walking and since the weather was 35 degrees while we were there, we had to take a taxi . Therefore, if I was going again to the Algarve, I would definitely pick an apartment nearer to the centre of things. The nicest restaurants are in Alvor and there is a lovely atmosphere there also. The beach in Praia de Rocha is beautiful and we all enjoyed our time there. There was one really nice receptionist with blonde hair but I found most of the staff dismissive. The pool has only 4 umbrellas and if you don't claim them early in the morning you are really in bother in the intense heat. The main pool is quite deep so beware if you are not a strong swimmer. Towels are not changed every day and the balcony was never cleaned while we stayed there. We had two great days in Slide and Splash and Zoomarine. The latter is well worth a visit and good value for money...The Dolphin Show is brilliant. I will be going back again but not to this aparthotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plaza Real is a complex of 63 apartments, self-catering and equipped. The apartments are divided into three types: Studio, T1 and T2 in Duplex, some apartments have a generous balcony. (See the description of the apartments) The Plaza Real has an excellent pool for adults, a pool for children, a playground and a mini tennis court. This accommodation is about 10 minutes walk from the beach. The center of Portimao, Marina de Portimao and Praia da Rocha are 3 minutes. Portimao Railway Station is 3 km from the Plaza Real. This accommodation is recommended by the good price / quality ratio in Portimao. Great place to spend your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plaza Real Atlantichotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Real Hotel Praia Da Rocha
- Plaza Real Praia Da Rocha
- Plaza Real Atlantichotels Praia Da Rocha, Portugal - Algarve