“Inexpensive, not pretentious and value for money”

Pizzeria La Dolce Vita
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We proudly declare ourselves to be the best Pizzeria in the Algarve with homemade Pasta. We have 30 different Pizzas to choose from which is sure to include your favourites. As an Italian owned restaurant we offer all the most popular Pastas and a range of delicious Salads made from fresh local produce. To accompany the meal we stock a range of Italian and Portuguese wines. To complete your meal try one of our truly Italian Ice Creams! A fantastic Pizza + 1 Drink + 1 Ice Cream + 1 Coffee = all for a Special Price! Our restaurant also has an outside terrace from which you can watch the sunset as you dine We are located in the main street in Praia da Rocha opposite the Hotel Algarve Casino.
Surrey
“Inexpensive, not pretentious and value for money”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We ate here twice on the holiday.
The seating is wooden benches with nice tables. The ambience is simple and the table mats are your paper menus.

I have had the garlic prawns which were very nice. Prawn tagliatelle and another dish I cannot remember. The wife has had the garlic prawns, pizza and the prawn tagliatelle as well. Around E35 with non alcoholic drinks seems a bargain. You could even get a take away or try a pizza at lunch.

The meat platter is lovely and comes with 4 freshly bakes cheesy rolls, plenty for 2 and sufficient for 3.

I would go back. Its not the best but its honest food, the service was good if a bit slow.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Room for improvement”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had passed by this restaurant a few times and it was always fairly busy so I took this as a good sign and decided to give it a go with my family. We were seated straight away and given menus, but soon after this the service went down hill. We were sat for quite a while before they came back to take food/drink orders...after the meal we tried to order some more drinks (took us a while to get anyone's attention) and 10-15 minutes later were still waiting for them, with empty plates in front of us. By this point we were happy to forget the drinks and get the bill but as I got up to try and cancel them, they suddenly appeared at the table, although the empty plates stayed with us! The food was nice enough, we had all ordered pizza's and if I was basing it on this alone I would happily return or recommend but the service completely lets this restaurant down. I could understand if the staff were busy, but when you see enough of them standing around chatting it's really not good enough. Won't be going back there any time soon....

Estepona, Spain
“saddly off the mark”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had read lots of reviews about this place and most said the service was poor - but food was good. S o we decided to give it a bash as we had come out of season. Young waiter was lovely and served our Anti Pasti platter which was delicious. However my choice of wine - which was also lovely..............I had to ask for a chiller. First mark down. Please scan carefully anyone who wants to drink wine on their own - half bottle of what I chose cost 9 euros - full bottle cost 10. House wine was a fizzy Italian Frasctti - not to my taste. Anti pasti for two was amazing and delicious - especially the hot garlic rolls - although a little drizzle of olive oil would have made it all the more perfect.. This is when things went sadly wrong! Canneloni was the choice of my husband and he was happy with what was presented. I on the other hand had ordered the Risotto Seafood Especial.

I have lived in Europe for over 6 years and know fresh seafood as opposed to microwaved - and also the dangers of re-heat seafood.

The resturante gracefully withdrew the cost of my risotto from the bill.

But knowing they

• Visited September 2012
“Nice but there are better pizza restaurants.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice meal out but after all the rave reviews I was expecting more.
Nice pizza but there are nicer pizza restaurants on that stretch.
The seats were extremely uncomfortable too.
Worth a visit but not worth all the rave reviews.

Cupar, United Kingdom
“Huge Disappointment”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was attracted to this place by the reviews on trip advisor.. and the lengthy queues outside! I am sad to say the whole experience was a massive let down.

We visited La Dolce Vita 7 nights into our stay. We had become accustomed to excellent service and good, sometime great food. LDV was none of those.

A small queue had formed when we arrived before 8pm but this comprised of two larger parties. We asked for a table, and were told to "sit where we want".

A waiter soon arrived to take our food and drink order. I ordered lasagne with a soft drink, and the rest of my table also ordered pasta dishes. The soft drink took ages to arrive and when it did it was a very small glass and very overpriced. Meanwhile tables around us filled up and others had their orders taken.

The table next to us, who arrived a good 10 mins after us, had already eaten their starter and were half way through their pizza before our meals arrived. We weren't the only ones in this predicament. It seems like a massive priority is placed on pizza orders as the pizzas were flying out, while everybody else sat and waited.

When the food did come, it was a huge let down. Lasagne is one of my favourite meals. This however, reminded me of a supermarket microwave meal.

Sadly, I'd have to advise to give this place a miss. Maybe the pizzas are good, but there are other great places to eat Pizza such as Cletonina.

Poor service, poor food.. all round a bad experience for us.

Visited August 2012