Bela Vista Hotel & Spa
Jupiter Algarve Hotel(Praia da Rocha)
$130
$121
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Luar(Praia da Rocha)
$77
$74
  • Breakfast included
Hotel da Rocha(Praia da Rocha)
$87
$77
  • Pool
Plaza Real Atlantichotels(Praia da Rocha)(Great Value!)
$73
$70
Apartamentos Jardins da Rocha(Praia da Rocha)(Great Value!)
$87
$65
  • Pool
Santa Catarina(Praia da Rocha)(Great Value!)
$106
$80
Smartline Club Amarilis(Praia da Rocha)
$109
  • Pool
Flamingo Residence(Praia da Rocha)
$61
  • Beachfront
Clube Praia Mar(Praia da Rocha)
$53
HotelsClick
  • Pool
Hotel Oriental(Praia da Rocha)
$282
$241
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmain buildingtasting menurelais chateauxmichelin staroriginal buildingcomplimentary smoothiesbeautiful hotelamazing restaurantpool areaterrace overlooking the beachour honeymoondeluxe roomloved this hotellovely roomevery eveningthe cliffbars and restaurants
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed in an elegance room in the main building. While we did not see a garden room, I am glad we were allocated the room we were as the decor was amazing. Beautiful furnishings in all the rooms and wonderful hand painted tiles. We did not have a balcony but sea facing room which was a must. Views amazing! The pool area was wonderful just a shame that there were not more sunbeds to accommodate all guests if necessary. There is a policy of no reservation for sunbeds but each day by 830 all beds had towels etc on them.... No action was ever taken. Still a beach bag was provided and we spent days on the beach instead! The immediate surroundings outside the hotel were far more commercialised than we had expected (at least 5 Irish pubs!), however do not be off put as a short distance away are beautiful beaches/villages etc. We were given great recommendations for eating out and all were within walking distant and were good. We dined in the hotel restaurant last night and the whole experience was just perfect! Great food, setting and service. All staff were very friendly and attentive, particularly Debra at breakfast who always remembers each guest! We did not make a visit to the spa but did have a look round, perhaps a voucher for a treatment might entice guests? Facilities looked lovely. Overall, a great hotel and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Sea facing in the main hotel would be our preference. If this room came with a balcony, even better!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charrall
Gonçalo N, Gerente geral at Bela Vista Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your great review. Many thanks!
It is very good to know you had an amazing stay with us and tried all most all the experiences we have available. Next time you have to try our L´Occitane SPA. I am sure you will like it.
I am addressing you review to the departments in charge in order to moving forward.

We would like to welcome you back again in the near future.

Many thanks for once again and kind regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Everything about this hotel was perfect. We had a lovely 2 room suite in the smart new block, discreetly tucked away in a small block within the curtillage, close to the original building, with balcony and views of the garden and stunning beach and sea views. Access to the beach and promenade /walkway was by direct stairway But much of our time was spent by the pool where there were plenty of loungers to go round and no need to compete with other guests.It was sometimes quite windy and the pool and outdoor dining area were well sheltered. Excellent breakfast was included, with participation by a cheeky seagull. We had dinner in our first and last nights (we stayed a week) Small but varied menu of dishes, beautifully conceived, cooked and presented. Wine mostly local. All quite pricey. Good local food, with a fish theme, was available at about half the price, at a number of nearby restaurants also. Staff were all courteous and friendly and not obsequious

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Henry S

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the time you take to write such a fantastic review.

We are very pleased to know the overall experience at the Bela Vista was great.
We are also proud to read you had a very good experience at our Gourmet Vista Restaurante and appreciated our local suggestions.

We all look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is one of the most amazing spas you will ever experience. My friend and I are Spa Junkies and have travelled the world in search of the ultimate!!! I had the best message and facial from Sofia, pure bliss. Apologies to other staff, but I will return and try you all. A great welcome, immediately felt at home. Also A big thank you to Pedro who remembered calling me with the reservation details. Call me old fashioned, but, I know great service when I see it. In this day and age, it is so hard to come by. However, just step into Bela Vista and you will know what I mean. Thank you, see you soon x

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your great review about our L´Occitane Spa.

We are delighted to read you had a great moments at our L´Occitane SPA and also a great treatments done by our staff.
Once again, thanks you for the time you take to write such a great review.

The Bela Vista team is looking forward to welcome you again.

With Kind regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently stayed at the Bela Vista Hotel & SPA. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay in one of the most stylish hotels in Portugal Surely in the Algarve. Particularly if you fancy the Miami or Los Angeles Hotel style and Deco, this is your place. Location overlooking the beach, allowing breath taking views over the ocean. The decoration is amazing. If you think the hotel includes and old Place that was nearly redone. The old Palace is a precious jewel with an harmony of old tiles and stairs, and the modern deco introduced to give that Miami style feeling. The pool área is amazing, nice decorated and modern furniture. Also the Bar offers simple but tasty snacks. The main restaurant is a not to be missed opportunity to taste an amazing gourmet meal. The mix of flavors, textures and delicatessen moments in one meal makes it special. Might be a bit pricy but similar to other gourmet restaurants in and around the Algarve. I definitely recommend it. But also i must say breakfast is probably one of the best i ever tasted. Absolutely nothing is missing when we think about a perfect start of the day. Finally the SPA is stunning. The best spot for a relaxing moment. Or simply if you need to spoil yourself after a tiring day on the beach. But all this would be good enough to make your stay a Great one. But the exceptional service delivered by the team makes it memorable days at the Bela Vista hotel & SPA. Not surprising they are part of the Relais & Chateaux Collection. I look forward to return on my next trip to the Algarve.

Room Tip: all rooms are stunning. But try to stay in the main Palace.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Miguel R

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taling the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Bela Vista.
We are very pleased to know you have enjoyed our Hotel and all the facilities highlighting the decor and service, specialy the Vista Restaurante.

The Bela Vista team is looking forward to welcome you back again.

Many thanks once again and kind regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

After deciding I wanted a relaxing luxury break away from it all I decided to return to Hotel Bela Vista for a second time.

I already knew the surrounding area was slightly tacky but knew the hotel would be a delightful oasis - it was, only this time I had a few niggles.

There were no tea and coffee facilities in the room. I have stayed in many 5* hotels and have always been provided with this in countries such Egypt, Dubai, New York so I don't think this is a culture issue. There is a €5 service charge per person for room service so if you do order a cup of tea to your room it could become very costly!

Each morning I asked for toast with my eggs. One day I was forgotten about after asking twice and the next day it arrived 10 mins after my eggs so this ruined the breakfast. This should be standard and offered with the eggs not just eggs served on there own.

The music by the pool was very nice and relaxed but I don't think all the guests appreciated this (from the older guests we spoke to). Also I liked the DJ playing lounge music by the pool but not sure this is needed every day.

Overall I did have a lovely stay the rooms, the breakfast, the pool and restaurant area are very nice but there are a few things the management could do to make this a real 5*!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank DommersEssex
Gonçalo N, General Manager at Bela Vista Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your second visit to the Bela Vista.

I am delighted to know the in the overall you did have a great stay with us, highlighting the room, the view, the breakfast and the reataurant.

Your feedback was addressed to the departments in order to improve, moving forward and we are sorry if we did not correspont 100% to your expectations.

We all look forward to welcome you back to your third visit.

Best wishes from the all team