“A Sinking Experience!!!!!!”
Review of Titanic Restaurant - CLOSED

Titanic Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Having previously eaten (on a few occasions) at Titanic my visit on 22nd May with friends was diabolical. I have previously reviewed Titanic and gave it 4.5. We had raved about Titanic to our friends and we were all really looking forward to our night out. Had booked a table for 8pm for 4 people and duly arrived bang on time. Well that turned out to be the wrong thing as we waited 30 minutes for a table to be set for us. We then waited a further 20 minutes for a menu to appear and even then I had to ask for the wine list (Titanic are normally so efficient at this point). There did appear to be a large crowd in (a group of females, possibly on a hen night) but none more so than on the previous occasions that I have eaten here. Having ordered our starter I noticed the people at the table beside us calling over the waiter to inform him that both their steaks hadn't been cooked to their request so both meals went back to the kitchen. I then noticed another couple (who had been drinking wine) get up leaving most of the bottle of wine and walking out. This was much to the consternation of the staff. By 10.15 we were being served our main course, being told that the delay was due to the fact of the large crowd. Once again this was a disappointment in that it certainly did not come up to the standard I have been used to. Basic food, served basically it was but nothing more. Customer service very poor in that they didn't care and even when I eventually complained didn't take a blind bit of notice. I paid my bill (Not like another couple we met) but did not leave a tip to show my feelings of our experience. Looking back, I won't be back and by writing this review might make Titanic sit up and take notice and remember that a customer is the most important item in the restaurant business.

2  Thank TheBlackSheep

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Four of us ate here just one night .

We had four mains . I had pork medallions which were v nice , can't complain.
However my friend who had steak (asked for well done) did not get this it was delivered to her med-rare. We didn't send this back- didn't want the fuss -but the waiter who took our order came up after the meal saying 'you asked for rare ??' this was not the case - and the waiter knew this as there were two steak orders at our table and the waiter who served us served the rare to my boyfriend and the "well-done" as he called it to my friend. It was NOT well done and we wouldn't have minded if they just acknowledge the error on part of the chef .
My boyfriend commented the steak lacked flavour , but pepper sauce was nice . Other meal was the monkfish skewer - plain , no sauce , slightly flavourless and he was hungry after it !!!
We were offered drinks as we were leaving to make up for the steak which was something I guess !
Meals were pricey and expected more :(

All in all disappointed .

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Very good. Service was top class. Food excellent. Salmon was perfect. Highly recommend this restaurant. Atmosphere was nice.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Good old fashioned Portuguese restuarant, food and service were 1st class . probably not changed much in 20 years but that what makes it

2  Thank david_hutch2002
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We ate here very late on the night we arrived, so have taken that into account in this review. The restaurant was quiet with only another couple there at the time.

Service was excellent, polite and with a smile without being uptight.

Food was excellent, we both had the same dish and had no complaints, excellent quality and good portions.

Only slight concern is that the cost was high. As it was our first night and it was a late arrival we hadn't a chance to check out other prices! Not overly pricey when compared to standard UK / Ireland prices, but certainly by other resort standards in the Algarve.

Would recommend for a once off to push the boat out!