After staying in many hotels and resorts in the Algarve over the years, I decided I wanted to stay in a property where I could walk to the beach easily, preferably a secluded beach with hotel service. This narrowed my search down to three hotels: Vilalara, Vila Vita Parc and Quinta do Lago. The latter has quick access to Ancao beach, a very fashonable large and flat stretch of sand. The other two have acess to the kind of small golden cliff postcard beaches for which the Algarve is famous. I chose Vilalara over the other two because the rooms seemed much more to my liking, and it seemed to be smaller and more exclusive.
I wasn't disapointed: Vilalara is a not to be missed world class experience.
The hotel is made up of a group of buildings set on a cliff amid beautiful gardens boasting magnificent ocean views. The small beach was heavenly, with great ambience, and again what a view. The junior suite i stayed at was large, very tastefully and soberly designed. Huge balcony, very nice bathroom and lots of storage space. Service was competent throughout, allthough a bit hit and miss at the beach bar. I didn't try the restaurant for dinner, but had lunch by the pool everyday, and it was always excellent.
About half of the hotel accomodations are privately owned apartments. Many of the owners are civilized upper class portuguese, which is a good thing. The hotel is owned by a portuguese millionaire who vacations there, thus taking exceptional care of the property.
All in all, Vilalara completely won me over, and became my hotel of choice in the Algarve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 50 kilometres from Faro airport (FAO, ALgarve - Portugal), the Blue&Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort is a lakeside haven of style, comfort and exclusivity. As you gaze out and enjoy the setting you will realize the resort’s true essence and magic. This is a fascinating place where every detail has been designed for your wellbeing. Located on the Praia das Gaivotas cliff overlooking the sea, with a 12-hectare area consisting mainly of magnificent gardens, the Resort has 100 junior suites, 11 suites and 13 apartments. The low-rise architecture is marked by soft lines and colours and appears to have been inspired by Gaudi. It includes one restaurant of Portuguese cuisine and gourmet, low-calorie menus, and another with theme dinners and barbecues. It also features six outdoor pools of fresh and sea water and one of its main trademark images: the Thalassotherapy and Spa Center, the first in Portugal and one of the most respected in the world. soft lines and colours and appears to have been inspired by Gaudi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue & Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue & Green Vilalara Thalassa Hotel Porches
- Blue And Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort
- Vilalara Thalassa Hotel
- Sofitel Armacao De Pera
- Vilalara Thalassa Porches
- Sofitel Thalassa Vilalara
- Blue & Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort Algarve, Portugal - Porches