“Great Family Holiday”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Justine K
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Family Holiday”
Reviewed August 25, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I travelled alone with my 3 children (age 11,10 and 4yrs)
We enjoyed glorious weather, blue skies everyday.
The flights and car hire from the airport were very easy as was the route to Porches. Porches itself is a very pretty place, with lots of potteries to explore. It was really important for us to be able to get to a supermarket and having children with me I was also keen to be near a pharmacy. Both were within easy reach.
The villa was absolutely perfect. I have to be honest, although I had loved the villa on the website, the photos really dont do it justice. It was beautifully decorated, bright and airy with a real "Holiday" feel. we were all very comfortable in our airconditioned rooms.
The outdoor space offered areas for fun and relaxation. The gardens were really pretty and the children enjoyed exploring.Having a private pool was ideal, the children were really able to enjoy themselves while I relaxed on the terrace. The pool was safe. My 2 older children are strong swimmers but my daughter, although on arrival was not able to swim without armbands, was still able to stand well within her depth in the shallow end. This took the pressure off me being in the pool with her every moment. I am proud to say though that she did indeed learn to swim during our visit!!
There were several lovely clean beaches just a short drive away where we were able to jump through the waves!
Personally, this holiday was an opportunity to relax and enable us to spend time together as a family.
We spent some evnings exploring the surrounding towns. Carvoeiro was a particular favourite for us as it offered a really lovely, lively family atmosphere. The main square was flanked with a variety of places to eat while a central stage offered great music, and dancing!! There is also a fab Icecream parlour there where the "White chocolate flavour "is a must !!
Sand city was a 10 min drive from the villa. The children really enjoyed this place. we visited at dusk, which in my opinion was the best time as we were able to see the exhibits in both light and illuminated. There was live music and a central sand pit, perfect for my daughter to dig in while we sat and enjoyed a drink.
On the evenings we relaxed at the villa, catering was a breeze on the brick built BBQ. Then sitting out on the terrace with a glass of Mateus Rose (delicious...and cheap) while the children took advantage of the garden, the wifi and the tv! Happy Days!!
All in all this villa provided us with a perfect backdrop to a "Great family holiday"
See you again soon!!

Date of stay: August 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing