Hotel Czarny Potok Resort & SPA
TripAdvisor
Hotel Panorama Krynica(Krynica-Zdroj)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Renesans(Krynica-Zdroj)
All reviewstaking careevening mealski resortski liftbreakfast was excellentcould have been betterthe air conditioningbeautiful locationjaworzynawoodmassagespaexteriorsignageplaygroundforest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel on 14th Feburary and it was an amazing experience! Everything was perfect. The hotel design is extraordinary, believe me there is not many similar places in Europe. Room arragement is a little bit confusing but from a different point of view it gives you excellent privacy feeling which we like it very much. Location is perfect as well, just couple hundred meters from ski lift. Staff was friendly and tended to every need. Thank you guys for nice time.

We are very satisfied and we will definitely be staying here again. I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Anna_from_Dublin
Mariusz D, General Manager at Hotel Czarny Potok Resort & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Ana_from_Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Hotel Czarny Potok Resort & Spa on Tripadvisor.

We are most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for us, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps us improve the service we provide.

We are delighted to find that you enjoyed the service provided and were impressed by our hotel team.

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to post this review of your stay.

Yours sincerely,

Mariusz Domanus
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This resort has a magic spot: in middle of the forest, brand new buildings, rooms with modern equipment. The configuration of the building make it interesting but you should not have any mobility issue as the walk between rooms, breakfast can be long and quite confusing.

I was there for the new year 2012-2013 and have to highlight that the management is still not at the level of a 4 stars. I have like:
> The great SPA with a special thinking for the VIP SPA offer
> The location and rooms
But I cannot accept from a 4*:
> Restaurant: the configuration was for full period 8-10 people round table on a self service based. THere was only 2 or 3 tables for 2 persons and usually reserved. The menu was everyday a buffet… For my break, I was not expecting to share my table with unknown people, eating from a buffet, and fighting to keep my seat at the table…
> Do not disturb on the door is not follow by cleaning service. I put the sign on the door and the cleaning lady was still knocking and asking to make the room
> Towels: totally overloaded by the amount of people - I left for breakfast, went back to the room, nice - cleaning was done, brush my teeth…. no towels! back only in afternoon… Same experience at the swimming pool, people were waiting at entrance because there was no more fresh towels
> Mini bar: a mini bar full with 1 coca cola, 1 sprite and 1 beer (on which expiry date was bed december…)
> Bar: I was waiting 20 min at the bar to make an order…. we were not many people to queue but the team was not able to follow… i left without drink
> and the worst: due to the way the management handle customers you feel that there is VIP and other people…. not a nice impression when you are in a 4* and looking for a great experience and spending quite a lot of money

In a summary: it is a nice place with a great SPA but for now, the team is still too new in 4* business and were totally overloaded by a full hotel… so let's be nice and hope they will soon improve by having the necessary attention to details required by a 4* service. Perhaps start by avoiding waiters to work 12 hours and more per day?

Room Tip: Breakfast is in Building A. Count 30 sec to 1 min to walk between 2 building.... so try to avoid far away building (F and after...)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
13  Thank jKrakow
Mariusz D, General Manager at Hotel Czarny Potok Resort & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear jKraków,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit with us.

Your feedback helps us to better direct our efforts. If your travels bring you back to Krynica Zdrój, I hope you will once again make Hotel Czarny Potok Resort & Spa your hotel of choice.

Please contact me directly, so I can ensure we exceed your expectations.

With best regards,

Mariusz Domanus
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have just spent Christmas (23/12 till 27/12) at Czarny Potok, well I must say that it was very disappointing if not to say horrible terrible it ruined our Christmas diner.

Hotel in general is nice, rooms are new and comfortable, however better to take the walking shoes with as just to get to the breakfast you need to go through about 25 doors and about 25 different corridors and this provided you do not get lost in the meantime (we were in building H, breakfast was in building A, I already feel sorry for the people leaving in K). Spa facilities were nice and we had some massages that we enjoyed. But the rest.....no comments

But this is not the core of the story, the worst part was food. The day of arrival 23/12 there was hardly anything for diner we had some lefts over, this is because we went to diner at 9pm, food was cold and bread was so dry that we could not really say if it was fresh or toasted.

Next day in the morning another big joke, we went to breakfast and one of our kids wanted a pancake seen that there was a cook there doing eggs, etc. We were told that pancakes are ready and we can get eggs or omlettes. Finally we opted for the omlette which took about 15min to come, if that cook would go to any big vacation hotel he would be out after about 30 min. Also if you have asked for a fried egg you could only get 2 not one, what a waste. hair in the food, dried off meat and bread.... just normal daily things for this place. We have ordered some french wine, at 150 zl a bottle we would have expected to taste every bottle and have glasses changed at echa new bottled open, but unfortunately I think that the waiter is not aware that it is the typical procedure of wine serving.

And now the icing on the cake....diner on the 25/12. We were a family of 4 adults and 2 kids, we have arrived on time about 6pm to make sure there will be still something to eat. Upon our arrival they told us there is no more tables but we can share a table with another family as they are doing the "integration" process. I lost my temper and told them that integration was good when we still had a communism in Poland but that is about 20 years ago at the time where we pay a room over 200 euro a night we would expect to get our own table. So....they proposed us to sit in the conference room, this was really too too much, outragous. I called the responsible but he was the most unpolite person ever, finally they did find the table but the food was horrible cold french firtes, and a dry piece of meat after which you needed about 2 boxes of toothpicks to clean your teeth.

In the meantime Mr Wojciechowski who is the owner of the hotel booked 3 best tables for himself and his family and got a totally different food served to his table, so customers who paid for the service did not get any but the owner was of course treated as a king, even the ids from his family had to get presents from Santa in a first place, of course our children are not so good they needed to wait. Goes without saying that when Mr Wojciechowski started to smoke in the restaurant (normally it is a non smoking place) we have just walked off. I have been travelling all over the world but have never been treated in this way. I think all the principles of customer friendliness and taking care of the customer to make sure that he is happy and will come back are completly forgotten in this hotel. I think that the "big boss" should travel a bit around the world and perhaps take some marketing courses to learn that his customers are his best advertising and the biggest value, till he does not understand this his business will certainly not work. Personnally, I will make sure that none from my friends, family or company visits this place.

Agnieszka from Belgium

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
27  Thank agnieszka k
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our negative impression of this hotel occurred straight upon our arrival. Let me explain the whole story. We are a a very big family of 5 children (2 oldest are 18 and 19 and 3 small ones are triplets and are 10). We have booked the 2 bedroom apartment for a week stay and on the day of our arrival we were driving from Warsaw and because we were meeting our children from the plane, we could only leave Warsaw around 4pm. Therefore, we have called the hotel and notified them that we will be arriving late and have again specified that we are a big family of 7 people, to which the receptionist said there is no problem with our booking as long as we are happy with 2 bedrooms. So imagine our fury, after a 7 hour drive to Krynica, with exhausted and hungry children, when the receptionist has told us that we cannot stay at the hotel unless we book another room! We were absolutely shocked !!! Although we have explained to the receptionist that we have talked with the hotel on the phone on that day and that we were reassured that our booking was fine, the woman wouldn't even consider putting us in the originally booked room! She kept explaining that they cannot put 7 ADULTS in a room for 6 people. It was ridiculous, when she saw our 3 10 year old children, she said that only 3-4 year olds count as children!!! The attitude was absolutely terrible and we were very disappointed, as booking another room was simply a ridiculous option. The receptionist wouldn't want to compromise and even kept saying that we were never told that the room we have originally booked would be fine for 7 people!! Why would we drive for 7 hours to this hotel if we were told that such option would not be possible? In the end, angry and disappointed, at midnight we had to look for another hotel. Fortunately, we were really lucky that Irena Eris Hotel had free rooms (also, 2 bedroom sort of co-joint room/ apartment), moreover at a much better price, and with amazingly welcoming staff and with much better location!! We are actually really glad that at the end we didn't stay at Czarny Potok, because we had the greatest time at Irena Eris! We wouldn't recommend Czarny Potok as it is obvious that even from such small encounter that we had, we were shown that the hotel is more abut gaining as much money as possible from guests rather than compromising and providing great customer service. Maybe we wouldn't be so angry if the hotel have called us and have notified that we needed to order another room; that would be understandable! But the way we were approached in the end was completely unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
26  Thank Nadiya V
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed only one night and it was definitely too short as Czarny Potok is a great place.You actually can stay in the resort without leaving and still have plenty things to do. SPA is very nice and gym is well equipped.Rooms are fully equipped and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Everything is brand new. Staff was very nice and helpful. it was nice to chat to some of them and get to know their impression of this new hotel. I would definitely recommend it to everybody. I hope I will be able to stay at Carny Potok again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business