“Out of all the places I ate in Croatia, Montenegro and Albania - this is no 1”

Misko The Oldest Fish Restaurant on Ada Bojana
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Ulcinj
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Drive to the edge of Montenegro, just before it becomes Albania, take a right into a swampy peninsula, and just as you are about to hit the sea you will find a unlit car park surrounded by restaurants built above a river. Make your way to Misko and you will not be disappointed. Terrific portions of fresh fish and seafood - its one of the few places around the world that I've been served wild, freshly caught prawns (as sweet and succulent as lobster) rather than farmed. The staff were great with plenty of smiles and the location, in the middle of nowhere, a world away from troubles and strife. Wish I could eat here every day.

3  Thank krys_k

Reviewed July 18, 2012

excellent food and service
Very nice setting but watch out for mosquitoes!
Nice atmosphere

2  Thank Pauldevon
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Beautifully set in the wooden river house overlooking river Bojana. Peacefull surroundings, sound of crickets in the background, light local music and extremely non intrusive but professional service. And food is absolutelly heavenly - fish, meat, wine...all complimenting each other. Really rexommended 100%.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

They spoiled fish (St. Peter) - roasted to coal burnt and turned sideways on the dish that we did not immediately notice it. Many restaurants around the cook fish many times better.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

This is the first time I am writing a restaurant review after traveling extensively to more than 50 cities around the world, so you can imagine how delighted my palate is!

Misko is an assuming restaurant near the beautiful River Bojana very close to where the river joins the Adriatic sea and therefore the ambience is perfect. You feel the warmth of their staff hospitality the minute you step and welcomed in the regional style.

For appetizers, we had a plate that had beautiful risotto, fish pate, grilled shrimp and marinated octopus. The serving size was fantastic -appetizing indeed!

Then came the fish soup, which was so simple, but out of this world superb! When you love cooking like I do, you appreciate the individual flavours of the fresh fish, herb seasoning and spices etc. Perfect for a cold winter afternoon! Yum!

That was followed by the main course of beautiful fresh sea bass-grilled with a very complimenting sautéed potato and spinach side. I have to admit, I couldn't go through a whole fish, so we shared.

Now the crowing glory!!! The sponge cake topped with caramel and softened by fresh cream sauce at the bottom. So simple, yet so delightful...complete satisfaction. I know I have the said the word delightful a lot, but that exactly what this whole experience is.

When I was walking out of the restaurant, I said to myself- " I have definitely had a taste of what heaven is like today"

I definitely recommend this restaurant to all who might be visiting Montenegro. Visit the old town of Ulcinj and a fantastic treat at Misko!!

2  Thank Fauzia77