La Casella is a beautiful small resort north of Orvietto, nestled in the Umbrian hills. It is the perfect destination for those interested in getting away in comfort, horse riding, experience in the outdoors, and fabulous food.
We, a group of six friends, spent a week at La Casella, trekking on horses each day out to a country inn (agritourismo) and returning the next day to the resort. The resort is located in the beautiful hills of Umbria. We rode trails up mountains, through vineyards, past hill towns, and along ancient roads, each day impossibly more magical than the previous. The views from the top of each hill were stunning. The horses are fit, well trained and well cared for. They are mostly maremmano horses, native to this region, and we rode english saddle. Lunch was waiting for us along the route, fabulous 4 or 5 course meals. Trails are also perfect for hiking or for mountain biking. La Casella's owner, Mattia, will help you plan your stay and your outings.
Accommodations were comfortable and charming. All buildings are the beautiful stone buildings typical of the Umbrian and Tuscan countryside. The rooms have a private bath and are nicely decorated. My bed was very comfortable. We stayed in rooms near the main building, but there are I think other houses around the resort and accommodations may vary - for example a large family gathering was staying in a separate house nearby. The main building has a comfortable lounge and bar and patio, and a large dining room. Breakfast was served each morning in the lounge area, a generous continental Italian breakfast. The kitchen prepared soft boiled eggs specially for our group each day. Dinner in the dining room is a large social event. The food is delicious - again 4 or 5 course meals and plenty of wine. We became great friends with our guides, the wonderful Andrea and Daniele, and enjoyed very much our meals with their families and friends. Our visit was in late September, and the pool and spa were mostly closed so I can't speak to these amenities. Our weather was very good, with only one rain storm during a lunch break.
I highly recommend La Casella. I hope to get back there soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casella, in the beautiful Italian countryside, a tourism enterprise that aims at combining the concepts of sustainable economics and high quality standards. La Casella has transformed the countryside Vacation in a life style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your La Casella, Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casella, Eco Hotel Ficulle
- La Casella Eco Terni
- La Casella, Eco Resort Italy/Ficulle