We really wanted to have a great experience at La Casella but overall we were disappointed.
First the Good
The Unit - The unit we stayed in was roomy and the views from the deck were fantastic. The resort did a good job designing the units to fit the architecture of the region. We stayed in one of the newer2 bedroom units and it was clean and updated. There were three levels of living in the unit, a main level that housed the kitchen, eating area and covered deck for outside meals and an upper and lower level which held private bedrooms with attached bathrooms. This design provided a good sound barrier between the bedrooms (very private).
Now the Bad
• Despite 80-90 degree weather, the main pool was not open for the year.
• The Hot Tub pictured on the resort web site was not included and was only available as part of a spa package that was very expensive.
• The horseback ride and dinner event that was so positively talked about in other reviews was only conducted in the summer months and not available during our stay.
• The spa which provided massages did not keep regular hours and was only available to guests with multiple day notice. This would not be a big deal but if you wake up one morning and say to yourself, ”this would be a great day for a message” you are out of luck.
• We had dinner at the resort and found the food subpar compared to almost every meal that we eat at during our trip. .
• The Unit did not have basic items that would allow for cooking meals, such as oven mitts, microwave, oven safe dishes , pots and pans.
• The gravel road that is 7 km long, leading to the resort is not well maintained. It has tons of potholes and large rocks which really tears up your auto. Our poor rental car really took a beating.
• The resort is not very close to many of the attractions offered in the Umbria and Tuscany regions. We mistakenly, used this resort as a central location to visit Rome, Florence, Siena, Assisi and the Chianti wine region but found that we spent more time in the car then at the desired locations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casella, in the beautiful Italian countryside, a tourism enterprise that aims at combining the concepts of sustainable economics and high quality standards. La Casella has transformed the countryside Vacation in a life style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Casella, Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casella, Eco Hotel Ficulle
- La Casella Eco Terni
- La Casella, Eco Resort Italy/Ficulle