We stayed here in June, 2014. The staff was attentive, helpful, friendly, and thoughtful. Villa Campestri is about a 60 minute train ride from Florence and then a 10 minute (20 euro) taxi ride from Vicchio. We had been in Rome and Florence for the two weeks before and were looking for a respite from the city crowds. We found it at Villa Campestri. The hotel is on the top of a hill, overlooking the Tuscany valley. It is located on an olive oil farm and is very peaceful. The restaurant looks out on a grassy field framed with flowers. The pool overlooks the entire valley and is a great place to relax under old growth trees. We had booked a triple, but they upgraded us to a two bedroom apartment. The bathroom was large and had plenty of counter space and hooks for towels. The beds were very comfortable and clean. There was a well stocked mini bar with reasonably priced soft drinks and water. The breakfast which is included was extensive and delicious. They had delicious yogurt, hard boiled eggs, different kinds of pastries, cereals, and breads. The coffee, however, was made from an automated machine which was just ok. The comfortable lobby had great jazz music, wifi, and chess sets. We enjoyed hanging out there and felt welcome throughout the day and evening. The restaurant is delicious and focuses on the olive oil that they grow. The restaurant is very pricey, though, so we opted to eat in town and found two great restaurants just down the hill. The road to the hotel is very steep and does not have a sidewalk so it is not a great road to walk into town, but if you have a car, it is just a short drive. The hotel also provided a hiking specific map and another biking specific map with many great options to explore the valley. We loved it and hope to go back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany