We returned to Villa Campestri again this year because it was such a special place for us in 2012.
We were traveling with friends this year, 2013, and we just had to have them experience this wonderful place in the mist of our Tuscan adventure. Before we arrived at the olive oil resort we had explained to them the differences in olive oil and how important it is to understand what it is you are really purchasing, however, it wasn't until they met Gemma, and felt her passion for olive oil that they really understood. Her knowledge and understanding is a gift to all of us. This year the weather was warmer so we enjoyed sitting by the pool as well as visiting our olive tree that we planted last year in memory of our grandparents. Villa Campestri is a place we will always visit when in Tuscany. We were welcomed like family upon our return and we felt there true excitement
about seeing us again. This experience is not to be missed when planing a trip to Tuscany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany